PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

Just received mine from dpd. Didn't get a tracking number yet and still says 'preparing to ship' on the order.

Might be a few disappointed folk on my street though as apparently a few more on the van don't have house numbers written on.

Just received mine from dpd. Didn't get a tracking number yet and still says 'preparing to ship' on the order.

Might be a few disappointed folk on my street though as apparently a few more on the van don't have house numbers written on.

Will be expecting the first OCUK review from you soon!! :p

No Man's Sky now supports PSVR2, plus it has a whole host of VR improvements for all VR headsets.

I guess us PCVR gamers should be thanking the PSVR2 for providing the incentive to fix the VR mode, which has some very janky bits.

Last edited:
Reading people complaining about the mura, and also about the reprojection on the more intensive games. Not much to be done about the mura I believe, but hopefully sony can improve the software behind the reprojection (or future games will attempt to hit 90fps natively, rather than settling for 60fps reprojected).

Mind you, it's not only PSVR2 that reprojects - the new NMS VR update massively improves almost every aspect of VR except for the most important thing: performance. Constant reprojection on planets on a 5900x with a 3090FE, and changing the graphic settings seems to not make much difference.

Still at least it's not smeary and it actually still plays pretty well despite the reprojection.

On the Quest Pro subreddit a few Quest Pro owners who bought the PSVR2 have said that the PSVR2 sweet spot is tiny, and it's nowhere near as sharp as the Pro. They really miss the pancake lenses.
The blacks are better, but the Pro seems to match it for colour vibrancy. Mura is really noticable and the reprojection very annoying.
David Heaney from Upload VR said that it looks like the PSVR2 has a diffusion layer (like the Samsung Odyssey+ did) to smooth out the OLED screen door effect which actually gives it a softer picture, despite the higher resolution.

My take on this is the headset is really great, but nowhere near as good as some of the reviewers are hyping.

So I managed to get a few hours with mine this evening. Started off with RE8, found it quite intense when you get into the first set of enemies. I ended up dying, so I need to practice a bit more.

I played Pavlov for a bit and found that quite good. Players were fairly mature, some funny moments and had a good couple of rounds on TDM.

Overall it seems like a good headset. I like how light it is, it was very comfortable and I could easily wear this for long play sessions. I find the Quest quite uncomfortable at times and have to adjust often. Tracking was solid, except for a few moments where the headset did something odd and put me in passthrough mode (I was aiming in front of my face on Pavlov and could have been covering a carmera/s).

I tried cinema mode, and I have noticed a potential issue with my headset, I seem to have a stuck/green pixel which I can see in the top left corner. I am hopeful this will 'go away' when I try again, otherwise I will need to return it. I have seen quite a few posts on Reddit from others having the same issue.

Last edited:
Played GT7. Looks a bit fuzzy at times to me and the colours are muted.

The little earbuds are not that bad when cranked up.

Everything looks fuzzy to me. It's like either I'm seeing the pixels or the screen has a crazy amount of film grain over it. I'm not at all getting these clean crisp graphics reviewers mentioned, unless they were just talking ****

Last edited:
That sounds really worrying. I had to change delivery from yesterday to tomorrow when someone will be in.
I’ll be comparing clarity of Reverb G2 driven by 4090 which is direct video feed.
I know things can look fuzzy via USB/Wireless to Quest 2 due to compression needed.
Yes, have searched and searched and can’t find a bad review saying this

Everything looks fuzzy to me. It's like either I'm seeing the pixels or the screen has a crazy amount of film grain over it. I'm not at all getting these clean crisp graphics reviewers mentioned, unless they were just talking ****
What games are you playing? RE8 seems to have a film grain over it, which is really noticable in dark parts.

Pavlov seemed pretty clear and crisp.

What games are you playing? RE8 seems to have a film grain over it, which is really noticable in dark parts.

Pavlov seemed pretty clear and crisp.

I've tried the demos of RE8, Horizon Call of the Mountain and the Star Wars game so far

Either the review units were 'special' or just plain lying as is no way as clear as they are making out.

Not seen any 'through the lens' videos that are usually popular with HMD releases and comparisons either :confused:

As also mentioned by @Ravenger in Tyriel's vid he mentions that it has a diffusion layer which is why it is blurry/noisy.

Back
Top Bottom