PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

How would through the lense work with eye tracking though? I am surprised we've not seen any, maybe an embargo?

That's a very good point! Though you can turn eye tracking off. I'm not sure it's required, games just render at a slightly lower resolution if it's off currently.

Through the lens video would clearly show sde, mura and reprojection smearing though.

That's a very good point! Though you can turn eye tracking off. I'm not sure it's required, games just render at a slightly lower resolution if it's off currently.

Through the lens video would clearly show sde, mura and reprojection smearing though.
I have been looking for them, but no one has done it, normally tyrell does that really soon on.

It's not that it renders at a lower resolution but it renders with less detail when not in focus.

It would be pretty hard to render the same image at different resolutions depending what you looked at.

It's not that it renders at a lower resolution but it renders with less detail when not in focus.

It would be pretty hard to render the same image at different resolutions depending what you looked at.

That's what foveated rendering does. Look at some of the videos - you can see the foveated part is higher resolution than the surrounding image.

Those Quest Pro images do look really nice, but it feels like it is comparing a Ford to a Mercedes when you consider price differences between PS5 / PC and the headset.

I'd love a Quest Pro if I could afford it :).

I agree but lots of YouTubers have been slagging off the Pro and praising the PSVR2, some even claiming the PSVR2 looks better.

I agree but lots of YouTubers have been slagging off the Pro and praising the PSVR2, some even claiming the PSVR2 looks better.
Good old YouTube trends and paid reviews :).

To be fair I played GT7 earlier and I was impressed. I'd love to see the Pro and PC2 from that guys set up. Looked amazing.

I'd love to try the PSVR2 for myself. Call Of Mountain is a game I very much would like to play. Unfortunately there's not much else there I haven't already played already.

Those Quest Pro images do look really nice, but it feels like it is comparing a Ford to a Mercedes when you consider price differences between PS5 / PC and the headset.

I'd love a Quest Pro if I could afford it :).
I saw that and thought wow, that looks good and I've got a PC sitting here with a 5900x and a RTX3090 in it.

Wonder how much it is...**** that! :D I'll stick with my cheapo inferior PSVR 2 thanks.

I saw that and thought wow, that looks good and I've got a PC sitting here with a 5900x and a RTX3090 in it.

Wonder how much it is...**** that! :D I'll stick with my cheapo inferior PSVR 2 thanks.
Lot of scalpers (or failing scalpers) seem to be selling quest pros on ebay for around £800. Still more expensive, but not quite in the ludicrous range it was.

Lot of scalpers (or failing scalpers) seem to be selling quest pros on ebay for around £800. Still more expensive, but not quite in the ludicrous range it was.
To be fair I didn't look that hard and the going rate got a new one seemed to be about a grand.

Looks good though.

While I'm not impressed with PSVR2, those PSVR2 images in that thread is not accurate - those games do not look blurry like those screenshots
Reading that reddit thread lots of psvr2 owners are saying the same and i agree even though i haven't used a psvr2, imo there's no way with those specs will it look that bad. hopefully someone like tyriel will do a through the lens soon.

Reading that reddit thread lots of psvr2 owners are saying the same and i agree even though i haven't used a psvr2, imo there's no way with those specs will it look that bad. hopefully someone like tyriel will do a through the lens soon.
Yeah the PSVR2 definitely doesn't look as awful in person. Those pictures there are quite misleading. It is what I'd have expected from the original PSVR tbh.

I would be interested to see the Q Pro in person, lenses are likely better.

I managed to play some GT5 yesterday and was really impressed.

Yeah the PSVR2 definitely doesn't look as awful in person. Those pictures there are quite misleading. It is what I'd have expected from the original PSVR tbh.

I would be interested to see the Q Pro in person, lenses are likely better.

I managed to play some GT5 yesterday and was really impressed.

Yes, I think the only reliable take you can make from those is the PSVR sweet spot is quite small.

I've found for blurred image is just adjust the height of the headband at the back untill clear, I guess everyone's head is a slightly different shape

Back
Top Bottom