PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

Likewise, I actually sold GT7 when it first came out as I found it dull.

VR utterly transforms the game though!

Tempted to buy a wheel as well! That new Logitech play seat bundle looks sweet!

Yeah that trophy seat looks the part, I keep eyeing them up trying to think of a way to tell the wife it's a need not a want

Yeah that trophy seat looks the part, I keep eyeing them up trying to think of a way to tell the wife it's a need not a want
I've got one. Its great.

Trying to get my Thrustmaster DD to work with the ps5 so I can use it for GT7 VR.. drivehub doesn't work unfortunately.

Desktop
Dell AW3423DWF OLED 3440x1440 165hz
Intel 13600k
XFX MERC SPEEDSTER 7900 XTX

Racing
Dell AW3423DW OLED 3440x1440 175hz
Thrustmaster T818 with SF1000
Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals
Playseat trophy

Last edited:
Ohh, that Playseat Trophy looks great. I've got the Challenge which folds up, which can be a pain to get into and out of, but the convenience of being able to fold it up and tuck it into a corner when not in use is great.

Well myPSVR2 has arrived and i'm waiting for my PS5 to be delivered in the next hour or two...first impressions of the headset is that it's very light and i like the way the halo takes the weight (not that there's much of it) and the front part just pulls back and sits lightly on your face via a rubber gaitor...the lenses look bigger than the Q2 and they are more square in shape too...will post more when i get it up and running.

Well myPSVR2 has arrived and i'm waiting for my PS5 to be delivered in the next hour or two...first impressions of the headset is that it's very light and i like the way the halo takes the weight (not that there's much of it) and the front part just pulls back and sits lightly on your face via a rubber gaitor...the lenses look bigger than the Q2 and they are more square in shape too...will post more when i get it up and running.
Right then..played for around 4 hours last night on GT7 & Horizons.
First thing i noticed was the FOV is noticeably larger than the Q2 which i am very happy about..there is slight screen door but not really a big deal and mura is present too but again you don't notice it most of the time.
GT7 plays flawlessly i did not get one glitch or dropped frame it just works which is a far cry from my experience with Asetta Corsa..comfort wise there is no pressure at all on your face and zero light leak with the facial interface, the sweetspot is similar to Q2 but that is to be expected with fresnel lenses godrays not a problem either and black levels and colours are street ahead of Q2...the controllers are terrific with a great feel to them and the haptics and adaptive triggers are amazing.
That being said i think the psvr2 is £100 overpriced..the build quality is ok but not as good as Q2 and i don't like the material the cushion of the headband are made of but they are removable so hopefully some third party will come up with an upgrade.
Final thoughts...the psvr2 is not perfect by any means but it is a significant step up from the Quest 2 and the games do look great but i do think it should cost a few quid less as it's a big financial hit if like me you have to get the PS5 as well.

Last edited:
Ordered some lenses from vroptician for the psvr2, should arrive in a few weeks

Found myself getting frustrated with the glare and hassle of wearing glasses in my PSVR2. I've grown overly used to the added comfort and convenience of VROptician lenses in my Quest2 so decided to go ahead and order lenses for my PSVR2 from VROptician aswell! :)

Will post my thoughts when they arrive though like yourself it'll probably be a couple of weeks until I get my hands on them.

Regarding reviews this is probably the most balanced one 've seen for the PSVR2 headset and includes some handy tips for adjustment/config of the headset. It's a good headset but not without it's limitations whereas I feel some of the early reviews hyped it far beyond what it could ever reasonably be expected to deliver!

Last edited:
Reading this thread and YouTube vids is giving me dirty thoughts.

I have a series X on a desk setup running perfectly with a 1440p monitor. I've been saving for an TV for it and will be selling the monitor.

It's worth mentioning GamePass is paid for until October 2024.

The dirty thoughts are, don't buy a TV. Buy a PS5 and VR. Keep the monitor and plug the PS5 and Xbox into it for regular gaming and you can also play all the exclusives you've missed out over the years.

The reality is I don't have that much gaming time for two consoles so really it should be one or the other and a grand is a lot of money for the console and the headset but I've always been interested in VR. I've been gaming all my life and now at 42 I'm looking to further the gaming experience from what I've seen over and over again.
I would also be stuck with the 1440p monitor which I believe the PS5 now supports but I don't know how well and I'll be missing out on gaming with a larger TV and HDR etc

Any thoughts, what would you do knowing what you know with your current setups?

Cheers

Last edited:
do u have experience of any pcvr racing sims? if so, how does gt7 on psvr2 compare?
Yep I have a thrustmaster t818 direct drive for PC, use it for asseto corsa, f1 22, automobilista, project cars etc.

The force feedback on GT7 isn't amazing, however the VR adds a crazy sense of realism that I haven't had on pc. It's really enjoyable

PSVR2 is awesome but if you don’t have a PS5 a Meta Quest 2 might be a better and more cost effective option if you just want to try out VR ?

I'm not sure I would be interested in any of the games but need to look at it in more detail. Also not particularly interested in Facebook and the metaverse stuff

I'm not sure I would be interested in any of the games but need to look at it in more detail. Also not particularly interested in Facebook and the metaverse stuff

You just need a meta account, no need for facebook.

If you've never tried VR, don't assume you know what you'll enjoy :D. I've never really enjoyed battle royales or FPS games that much, but in VR I'm loving a left for dead type game and enjoyed a basic battle royale (the main one is going free soon). Walkabout mini golf, playing with the guys here, is an absolute blast, social gaming in VR is something very different indeed, you can see people moving, nodding, dropping their head after missing an easy shot etc. The social aspect is really something else. Even in Rec Room (really simple graphics), it's a ton of fun doing the quests etc with a team. Really enjoyed Real VR fishing too, chilling in a beautiful environment with random people from around the world, just chatting etc, looking at each others catches.

If you had a ps5, I'd have said psvr2. As you don't, second hand q2 is such a good way to dip your toe in. Lots of the games are cheap or free. Then you can easily know if VR is even for you, and if it is, consider your next step.

You just need a meta account, no need for facebook.

If you've never tried VR, don't assume you know what you'll enjoy :D. I've never really enjoyed battle royales or FPS games that much, but in VR I'm loving a left for dead type game and enjoyed a basic battle royale (the main one is going free soon). Walkabout mini golf, playing with the guys here, is an absolute blast, social gaming in VR is something very different indeed, you can see people moving, nodding, dropping their head after missing an easy shot etc. The social aspect is really something else. Even in Rec Room (really simple graphics), it's a ton of fun doing the quests etc with a team. Really enjoyed Real VR fishing too, chilling in a beautiful environment with random people from around the world, just chatting etc, looking at each others catches.

If you had a ps5, I'd have said psvr2. As you don't, second hand q2 is such a good way to dip your toe in. Lots of the games are cheap or free. Then you can easily know if VR is even for you, and if it is, consider your next step.

Ok thanks, I'm not sure any of those games appeal to me really but I will have a look into more just to be sure

Ok thanks, I'm not sure any of those games appeal to me really but I will have a look into more just to be sure

Have you tried VR? The games that you end up liking in VR might surprise you.

What games are appealing to you to consider the PSVR 2?

Back
Top Bottom