PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

Must be graphics card related because i seen one person saying after they enabled integrated graphics the app worked so if that is the case can you not swap over the graphics cards to see if it works on the other pc then swap back lol.
CPU in the 4090 PC is a 13900KF, it doesn't have integrated graphics. The PC which it works fine on has a 14900K which does have integrated graphics.

It doesn't matter about swapping the GPUs over because I need it working in the PC with the 20x USB ports and not the PC with the 10x USB ports.

Last edited:
CPU in the 4090 PC is a 13900KF, it doesn't have integrated graphics. The PC which it works fine on has a 14900K which does have integrated graphics.

It doesn't matter about swapping the GPUs over because I need it working in the PC with the 20x USB ports and not the PC with the 10x USB ports.
But if it gets it working then you can just swap them back and if i doesn't work they you know it's not the graphics card.

can you disable uninstall the onboard graphics just to confirm this is the fault on the one that's working?

Last edited:
It's such a strange bug, that the headset can only be used in PCs that have integrated graphics, even though the games won't actually use integrated graphics, but it seems the PSVR app may have some legacy console code in it that is checking for a GPU inside the system APU, like a console has

But if it gets it working then you can just swap them back and if i doesn't work they you know it's not the graphics card.
It's not the graphics card. The GPU gets used daily in VR with an Aero. The Aero uses the same style breakout box as a PSVR2. I used the PSVR2 with iVRy drivers and the Varjo box before the official box released. Also the 3090 doesn't use a 12vhpwr connector so it isn't a simple GPU swapsies. It would mean undoing all my cabling from the GPU back to the PSU in 2x computers.

can you disable uninstall the onboard graphics just to confirm this is the fault on the one that's working?
It's a KF CPU model chip. It doesn't have an iGPU to disable.

It's not the graphics card. The GPU gets used daily in VR with an Aero. The Aero uses the same style breakout box as a PSVR2. I used the PSVR2 with iVRy drivers and the Varjo box before the official box released. Also the 3090 doesn't use a 12vhpwr connector so it isn't a simple GPU swapsies. It would mean undoing all my cabling from the GPU back to the PSU in 2x computers.

It's a KF CPU model chip. It doesn't have an iGPU to disable.

I was thinking more that if you disabled the iGPU in the 14900K would you get the same fault occurring.

Would a second GPU put in a spare slot confuse the software that there was an iGPU

The PSVR2 works fine with the iVRy drivers. It doesn't work with the Sony drivers. It's the Sony drivers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to pay for these 'extra' ivry drivers to get it working on your system?? This combined with other stuff I'm seeing about PSVR2 for PC makes it sound like a right cluster **** at the moment.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to pay for these 'extra' ivry drivers to get it working on your system?? This combined with other stuff I'm seeing about PSVR2 for PC makes it sound like a right cluster **** at the moment.
Yeah, the iVRy drivers cost about 15 quid, I bought them a while back to see how the PSVR2 looked. The distortion warping of the image is a little too much for me so can't really play any games with it. It was more of a curiosity thing.
I've uninstalled it now. It's all back in a box. I'll give it a few months and try again after an update or 2.

While i am still waiting for my PC adapter to arrive, fingers crossed for tomorrow i thought i would give GT7 in VR a try and my god what a great experience i had :eek: , i wasn't expecting it to be so good but man have they done a great job.

Would be nice if Sony could get same features the PS5 has working on the PC adapter. HDR especially.

Adaptor arrived and just set it up with my 3090.

Did some tweaks and had a 5 minute look at Alyx and I'm happy with it.

Don't know if I'm imagining things or not, but the image seems much sharper on PC than in any of my PS5 games.

Back
Top Bottom