PS4 2TB Hard Drive upgrade: '2TB Seagate Spinpoint M9T' Thread.

Associate
Just as well I checked space I had left 120Gb managed to get it up to 150Gb have a few games to plat and play a few psn games ... After seeing TLoU going cheap on PSN and getting GTA V for Xmas going to take up 90Gb of space :eek::eek: not really leaving much room for the new year .... Is the Seagate the best way to go ... ** no mentioning of competitor pricing **

Soldato
Received my 2TB drive today...:)

Can I backup all my digital PS4 games onto a EXT USB harddrive first and then transfer them to the 2TB drive once it installed so I no need to download them again ?
(I.E GTA V was 50Gb and took 2 days to download and I really don't want to wait about a week for all my games to download again)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So I did some drive swapsies, and now re-installing everything by re-downloading. Talking like 800GB's here.

Anyway today Sony release an FW update which allows you to copy all your data to external HDD and then put it all back on...

This would have been lovely yesterday !!

ABZmnPW.gif

Soldato
So I did some drive swapsies, and now re-installing everything by re-downloading. Talking like 800GB's here.

Anyway today Sony release an FW update which allows you to copy all your data to external HDD and then put it all back on...

This would have been lovely yesterday !!

ABZmnPW.gif

yeah very handy feature for any future hdd changes.

Can the transfer be done to a usb stick?

Im thinking about getting a 2tb down the line but when it comes to backing up I will only have a few games I will bother about such as bloodborne and maybe driveclub which are my only digital purchases.

Soldato
OP
Yeah saw this. Going to make my life easier when I eventually upgrade.

Just typical that this wasn't around yesterday :p

yeah very handy feature for any future hdd changes.

Can the transfer be done to a usb stick?

Im thinking about getting a 2tb down the line but when it comes to backing up I will only have a few games I will bother about such as bloodborne and maybe driveclub which are my only digital purchases.

Not sure about USB, I haven't tried. To busy re downloading all my stuff :rolleyes::D

Want to get all this done in time for Borderlands pre load later ! 4 player Borderlands split screen awesomeness :cool:

Soldato
I have a 1tb sshd in mine at present, If I were to get one of these external 2tb drives would I be able to stick either the 1tb back in the casing or maybe the original stock drive and use it as a backup hdd (seen as we now have the feature)

Im also not sure if its possible to remove the 2tb drive without breaking the caseing its in?

thanks.

Soldato
OP
I have a 1tb sshd in mine at present, If I were to get one of these external 2tb drives would I be able to stick either the 1tb back in the casing or maybe the original stock drive and use it as a backup hdd (seen as we now have the feature)

Im also not sure if its possible to remove the 2tb drive without breaking the caseing its in?

thanks.

Yeah it's really easy, the lid just pop off. You pull out the drive it's not attached to the casing so nothing gets broken, then un wrap the silver foil around the drive and unplug Sata / Power bracket. Then you can use all that for whatever else you want to put in. I put an old 500GB laptop drive in my empty case and 2TB in PS4 (Did have SSD). No idea where my original PS4 HDD is, I think I may have given it away :p. Hope I don't ever need to RMA it :D

Soldato
Yeah it's really easy, the lid just pop off. You pull out the drive it's not attached to the casing so nothing gets broken, then un wrap the silver foil around the drive and unplug Sata / Power bracket. Then you can use all that for whatever else you want to put in. I put an old 500GB laptop drive in my empty case and 2TB in PS4 (Did have SSD). No idea where my original PS4 HDD is, I think I may have given it away :p. Hope I don't ever need to RMA it :D

Brilliant, what 2TB have you got? :)

Never mind lol realised your the op!:o

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Brilliant, what 2TB have you got? :)

Never mind lol realised your the op!:o

Cheers

This one,

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Black

STDR2000200

You will find it a piece of cake, you can pick these up really cheap from time to time. Think mine was £59.99. For 2TB PS4 HDD that's pretty good imho. It's faster than stock drive, because of the platter size and newer design.

Back
Top Bottom