Queen Elizabeth II has passed away - keep posts civil and respectful

Man of Honour
Probably gonna be a spike in covid

The marathons, etc. early in the pandemic didn't seem to contribute hugely to COVID spikes - though in this case there is a significant amount of public transport use, etc. linked to it which likely will have some impact and a higher level of prevalence of the disease within society compared to back then.

Caporegime
Soldato
So. Bizarre. The DM is now saying it may be extended to 10 miles before closing on Saturday. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11213125/Queue-Queen-CLOSE-Saturday-night.html

A significant portion of the country has lost the plot.

What is the plot if making time for something you feel a connection to is not part of it.

I say most of the businesses and organisations shutting down on monday are making the right call. It's not the time to be on the wrong side of such a large portion of the country.

Caporegime
What is the plot if making time for something you feel a connection to is not part of it.

I say most of the businesses and organisations shutting down on monday are making the right call. It's not the time to be on the wrong side of such a large portion of the country.
No businesses or public and health services that are shutting down and causing disruption to other people's pre-existing plans are making the right call.

Soldato
maybe I didn't explain that well - people playing around with their hands in the air man-handling a phone is not lack civility it is just badly brought up and inconsiderate.

Yes - The Queen saved us from further buffoonery/state-embarrassment by Boris - thankyou Maam

A friend on FB said that the Queen thought thank goodness that buffoon, national embarrassment, lacking a comb and bumbling idiot Boris is no longer PM. Queen started to slip away.

Can you imagine what Boris would have done if he’s still PM when the Queen died?

Soldato
A significant portion of the country has lost the plot.

No they haven’t. Well done to retailers that decided to close all day or til 5pm. But can still see a couple of idiots trying to go into McDonald’s or Aldi where I live. Does the empty car park give the clue away?

People have lost a figure who they loved and grew up with.

Soldato
No businesses or public and health services that are shutting down and causing disruption to other people's pre-existing plans are making the right call.
Though can see some people going crazy with supermarket shopping the next few days. Even though they don’t shop on Mondays. They can’t cope with shops closed! Grow up!

Just buy what you normally buy when you shop.

Glad I’m not working this weekend and not looking forward to doing a food shop on Saturday…as returning tomorrow

Caporegime
A friend on FB said that the Queen thought thank goodness that buffoon, national embarrassment, lacking a comb and bumbling idiot Boris is no longer PM. Queen started to slip away.

Can you imagine what Boris would have done if he’s still PM when the Queen died?

Or she saw who was next and thought "well i've seen it all now". :cry:

Soldato
Watching some of the lying in state on TV and its interesting how many people are stopping to watch and bow at the coffin - I thought the idea was just to keep walking slowly past. Will slow the queue down a bit if this carries on...

Seems to be a copied behaviour particularly in the right hand file where people are stopping in exactly the same spot, bowing one by one to the coffin and then the next person taking their place to do exactly the same thing...

Back
Top Bottom