***Quest Pro Owners Club***

I have no interest in stand alone just the PC so see how that pans out in DCS world the pro is lovely with the Microsoft dude on board.

Apparently the Quest 3's panels have the typical grey blacks, and though the passthrough is better it's still grainy. Bit disappointed by that. I still want one though for the improved standalone games.

I'll probably keep my Pro for PCVR and social apps.

hi
my quest pro has been great so far however after using last night (watching a 3D film in VR) this morning the right controller and the headset were fully charged but the orange charging light was still on the left controller. I fired it up and it was on 5%

has anyone else had this issue? I am guessing the batteries are not easily replaceable so that will be a pita if it won't charge.

I have reseated it and will see what happens however the orange light was on so I guess it was already connected on :(

hi
my quest pro has been great so far however after using last night (watching a 3D film in VR) this morning the right controller and the headset were fully charged but the orange charging light was still on the left controller. I fired it up and it was on 5%

has anyone else had this issue? I am guessing the batteries are not easily replaceable so that will be a pita if it won't charge.

I have reseated it and will see what happens however the orange light was on so I guess it was already connected on :(
I've knocked mine slightly on the charge dock, so it's not been charging. (Hopefully the case for you)
I've also had to reboot mine as tracking has been really out.

hopefully that was it. i reseated the controller on its own before doing the school run and setting up for work. i just tried it now and the controller was up from 5% to 19% so fingers crossed!!!!

it is odd tho as the charging light was on, i guess it must be possible to have is slightly missaligned such that the light comes on but it still doesnt charge. that is a relieve as my quest pro was brand new sealed............ but its an ebay special and my meta account specifically states it has no warranty (i would be interested to know the history of the box for it to be brand new and sealed but no factory warranty.

but that is by the by

thanks

left controller giving me a green light and fully charged. phew!.
now I just have to hope thebmrs goes to bed early so I can finish off the meg tonight (I have seen before but I love (almost) anything with Statham in

I have ordered some prescription lens inserts from a certain cheap express shop which I probably can't name here.

£25 delivered. seems quite cheap tbh but then I have bought cheap glasses before for swimming in and they were fine.

Last edited:
Feedback is now coming in from Pro owners about the Q3.

As suspected for PC VR there's really not a lot in it. The biggest difference in PCVR with both the Pro and Q3 are the pancake lenses which are very similar.

Q3 has better encoding and WiFi performance but if you already good performance on Pro (especially with a 6E router) then that's not a big difference.

Pro has better colours and contrast, especially with Local Dimming, while Q3 has a higher resolution but it's not so great it makes a massive difference. Just slightly reduced SDE.

Pro has eye tracking which can now be used to get better quality and performance in some PCVR games using the OpenXR toolkit. This is especially true for Sims like DCS.

Q3's passthrough is better but still grainy. It's nowhere near as good as we were led to believe. The depth sensor does make a huge difference for MR content though. (Thanks Meta for removing the Pro's sensor :( )

Like all headsets Q3 comfort is a mixed bag with some people liking the default strap while others hate it. Though Q3 will have more different strap options. Pro can be uncomfortable and the options to fix this are more limited but a simple top strap works great.

The Q3 facial interface is again a mixed bag, with some liking it while others hate it. The Pro allows you to ditch the facial interface entirely which is really comfy, and I rarely use the light blockers. Plus Pro is more glasses friendly. Hopefully Q3 will get some Halo straps which mimic the Pro's design.

The Q3 controllers are surprisingly good, but possibly too lightweight and have way worse haptics than the Pro controllers. Tracking is obviously worse, but good enough in most circumstances. I was surprised they didn't include the Pro haptics as they are amazing, but I suppose they're too expensive.

Of course the Q3 smokes the Pro in standalone performance which is why I'll be getting one, and this is where it will see the biggest benefits with far better graphics and more complex games being possible on standalone.

So if your using the Pro mainly for PCVR there's not too much incentive to ditch it for Q3.

If you do a lot of standalone then Q3 is better but initially at least there won't be that many games updated, but that will change over time.

Me, I'm keeping my Pro for PCVR, but will replace my Q2 with a Q3 for standalone.

Globular Cluster comfort kit for Quest Pro is 20% off on their site. I imagine they're selling these off as end of line as Pros haven't sold that well and there aren't that many left.

I bought one and it cost approx £35 including free shipping which is cheaper than other online retailers were selling them for when they were available.

result! I was just checking my meta account and i noticed......... my meta quest pro after activating it was showing on my account as specifically having no warranty as not purchased via an authorised source.

however today looking at my account........... it now has a warranty, it is covered until 29th August 2025!

am dead happy with that, it essentially means the gamble i took by getting not much over half price but accepting no warranty, was no gamble at all...... 2 years as well.... which i thought now we were no longer in the EU would only be 12 months.

it now means the nagging doubt i had about whether i should have just got a quest 3 from an authorised seller instead of the pro is now totally gone.

Last edited:
How come the pro hasn't been hacked to fit a depth sensor yet.

https://www.uploadvr.com/quest-pro-ifixit-teardown/

Quote [ iFixit’s comprehensive teardown of Quest Pro shows the slot for the depth sensor is still present, but not occupied. According to iFixit’s Shahram Mokhtari, the ribbon cable for the depth sensor is actually “still there and seems to be functional”. Meaning in theory, Mokhtari suggested, you could still add the depth sensor – though in practice this would obviously require firmware and software integration. ]

iFixit-Quest-Pro-depth-sensor-ribbon-scaled.jpeg

Yeah it's probably the most annoying thing about the Pro is the removal of the depth sensor, especially as it looks like the Q3 one is the one originally developed for the Pro.
I would think though that it'd require a hacked firmware to enable the depth sensor, even if you took one from a Q3 and installed it.

Last edited:
Yeah it's probably the most annoying thing about the Pro is the removal of the depth sensor, especially as it looks like the Q3 one is the one originally developed for the Pro.
I would think though that it'd require a hacked firmware to enable the depth sensor, even if you took one from a Q3 and installed it.

At the time the depth sensor was removed, so close to the launch, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't bother to change the firmware to keep the costs down.
Or, if Q3 firmware was put on the pro it might work like a champ.

It can't have been removed for a cost saving measure. That doesn't make any sense in a headset they were hoping to sell for £1500. The only thing I can think of is that there was a problem with it. My guess is the performance suffered too much when the depth sensor was enabled. Especially when you look at the specs of the Xr2 Gen 2 chip, it has 8 times the sensor processing power of the Xr2+.

I am pretty sure that if there was anyway they could have got the depth sensor up and working on the Quest Pro they would have. It would have been a killer feature.

Back
Top Bottom