***Quest Pro Owners Club***

From my limited testing they are absolutely worth it. I can't wait to try them in In-Death Unchained and shooters like Contractors.

They do come with a portable charging dock and 45w charger so that makes them slightly better value.
hmm might be a Christmas present to myself.

got to try and keep up with you lot in Walkabout somehow!! :p

These controllers are literally a game changer for games like Echo VR, and not only due to the ability to track your hands behind you, but also for haptics. Apparently when you grab something you feel the haptics in your palm rather than all over the controller as it has different haptic zones.

I just wish the headset had haptics like the new PSVR.

I highly recommend the Creative Studioform velcro top strap if you find the device uncomfortable. I can wear this thing for hours now, just floats on my head. Also, I highly recommend an IR Illuminator if you want to play immersive games without light leakage over those awful, flappy light blockers.

I just play in pitch darkness and the tracking is rock solid. The top strap keeps it stable over my head and its great to not have any facial interface pressing against me and not blocking my FOV. No lens fog ever again is a nice bonus.

Finally, no idea how I managed without a charging dock before, it's so elegant and refined, my Pro is always fully charged and ready to go, I find myself using it way more than any of my other headsets as a result.

I've got one of those straps for my Quest 1, as well as some Quest 1 earbuds that are compatible too. The only issue I would have with the strap is it could block the sound, so may need modding.

I'm so looking forward to playing this on Christmas day. The brief time I had with it - especially in AR with Cubism - was incredible. That AR experience is the only thing I've tried in VR that matches the magical feeling I got when I first tried touch controllers in VR.

I might have to get one of those straps to see. :)

Uploading a new video with ACC through the lenses, settings etc. Should be ready in 45mins or so, but that will only be SD, a bit longer for the 4K goodness.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Quest Pro vs Varjo Aero vs Quest 2 vs Reverb G2. Through the lenses comparision.

Their Settings
- PC - 5800X3D - RTX 4090
- Air link - 200Mbps Fixed Biterate - 90Hz
- SteamVR - SS : 150%
- Quest2 : 2,976 x 3,016
- Quest Pro : 2,096 x 2,156
- Reverb G2 : 3,884 x 3,796
- Aero(Highest 35PPD) : 5,080 x 4,352
- Half life Alyx - start option : -console -vconsole +vr_fidelity_level_auto 0 +vr_fidelity_level 8 -novid
- Performance : ULTRA FIDELITY
- TESTHMD
- PIXEL DENSITY : 1.51%
- CAMERA - iPhone 13 PRO

He does mention about the face type, but we also don't know his IPD at 0:38 which is why his FOV maybe off from the norm. He specifies only 90* FOV on the Quest Pro, but my findings with my IPD of 67 is about 104*
What is also interesting, is the render resolution used is different in each headset with the Quest Pro using the least amount. Yet see the results for yourself...

Last edited:
Congrats to you guys with the pro, on reading your threads it does seem its that good, as I only got the quest 2 last April it's still a learning experience with VR and I am enjoying it

Wish I could afford the pro, definitely will get the Quest 3 as well next year on the hope that some of the good features of the pro will be added, pancake lenses, more clarity and better FOV.

Enjoy your early Christmas present.
:)

So for those to have 1 that also have/had a Quest 2, How does it compare ? Big upgrade or more of an incremental upgrade ? Is pixel crawling/aliasing still very noticeable ?

1 of the only reasons why I dropped VR for the moment, The pixel crawling especially with distant objects ruined the immersion for me, Flying in Elite Dangerous and seeing asteroids made of nothing but aliasing/pixel crawling was a tad jarring :D

Last edited:
Congrats to you guys with the pro, on reading your threads it does seem its that good, as I only got the quest 2 last April it's still a learning experience with VR and I am enjoying it

Wish I could afford the pro, definitely will get the Quest 3 as well next year on the hope that some of the good features of the pro will be added, pancake lenses, more clarity and better FOV.

Enjoy your early Christmas present.
:)

Quest 3 will be a great budget HMD.

So for those to have 1 that also have/had a Quest 2, How does it compare ? Big upgrade or more of an incremental upgrade ? Is pixel crawling/aliasing still very noticeable ?

Massive step up in clarity and image quailty.
You have two panels in the Quest pro vs one in the Quest 2, where more pixels are visible giving you higher pixels per degree, and a much more detailed image. This is ejy you can't go off a spec sheet and say the Quest 2 has a higher pixel display, as the single panel is shared by both optical stacks, which massively reduces how many visible pixels can be seen.

The 3D depth and binocular overlap is a huge step up, bring me back that WOW factor I had with the CV1.

Due to the panels being slightly angled, you will see some aliasing, but with some SS or AA, it can be reduced massively.
This is where the lenses are so clear, that any hidden artifacts in Fresnel lenses, are now more pronounced in these insane clarity pancake lenses. It like looking through a window.

One concerning report regarding the Quest Pro is the pancake lenses can exhibit a glow at the edges which can distract in dark games. it apparently looks similar to the IPS panel glow you get on some IPS monitors.

As my Quest Pro is packed away for Christmas I haven't been able to confirm this.

I'm hoping that some of that can be offset by local dimming or other software adjustments.

Let's be fair here though, every headset I've tried has some artefact with the lenses. For instance, the Index has absolutely horrendous glare which can be very distracting in some games or while watching movies.

One concerning report regarding the Quest Pro is the pancake lenses can exhibit a glow at the edges which can distract in dark games. it apparently looks similar to the IPS panel glow you get on some IPS monitors.

As my Quest Pro is packed away for Christmas I haven't been able to confirm this.

I'm hoping that some of that can be offset by local dimming or other software adjustments.

Let's be fair here though, every headset I've tried has some artefact with the lenses. For instance, the Index has absolutely horrendous glare which can be very distracting in some games or while watching movies.

On the lenses, when looking at them from an angle, yes this is visible.

f3u9AwL.jpg

Not showing here when straight on.
Ch4LXbW.jpg

But when up against the eyes, not so noticable
EPoY9du.jpg

Some people seem more sensitive to it. As someone who has had to deal with the horrendous glare and mura on CV1 and horrible glare on Index I hope this doesn't bother me that much.

Back
Top Bottom