• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

lol I'm totally lost here, I tested the crossfire cards in heaven, worked no problem at all, same with other GPU stress tests. Then I browse the web or idle the cards and it just freezes. Exactly the same happens randomly when I load a game, the screen will go black like games do for a second but then it just hangs.

lol I'm totally lost here, I tested the crossfire cards in heaven, worked no problem at all, same with other GPU stress tests. Then I browse the web or idle the cards and it just freezes. Exactly the same happens randomly when I load a game, the screen will go black like games do for a second but then it just hangs.

Have you setup your trust yet? :)

when you try playing a game try under clocking the gpu/memory clocks. i know you shouldn't have too, but if it works then you'll know it's gpu related.

mine just randomly freezes even sometimes at idle

but i found out one card as a dodgy memory which freeze very randomly.

Last edited:
when you try playing a game try under clocking the gpu/memory clocks. i know you shouldn't have too, but if it works then you'll know it's gpu related.

mine just randomly freezes even sometimes at idle

Yeah, it seems quite randomly and most of the time it's at idle. It hasn't crashed once in a single game, only when loading it after pressing play from Steam. I've also noticed the GPU usage is all over the place from 45%-99% in certain games.

"Once you reach 1000 posts, you will need to activate your trust.The Trust system is for Members Market feedback only and not to be used for general user comments. Abusing the trust system will not be tolerated and such abuse will result in your account being suspended/ banned. Trust activation is either found in your UserCP, or you can press the trust button that appears at the bottom of all your posts."

"Once you reach 1000 posts, you will need to activate your trust.The Trust system is for Members Market feedback only and not to be used for general user comments. Abusing the trust system will not be tolerated and such abuse will result in your account being suspended/ banned. Trust activation is either found in your UserCP, or you can press the trust button that appears at the bottom of all your posts."

You should still be able to set it up, i think. All it means is we can email each other offline.

after hitman benchmark

Hitman at 1080P is bottlenecked for Crossfire. I can just about overcome it with two 290X cards if i run my 5960X at 4.9Ghz and even then i don't completely eliminate it.

I did, at first disabling ULPS, on first reboot, it froze as soon as I opened Afterburner. After hard reseting, afterburner became stable again.

What were your full specs?

Hitman at 1080P is bottlenecked for Crossfire. I can just about overcome it with two 290X cards if i run my 5960X at 4.9Ghz and even then i don't completely eliminate it.

What were your full specs?

Here we go...

(I've turned everyone down to stock to eliminate any chance of an unstable overclock on RAM/CPU)

Intel I7 4770K
Gigabyte Z87X-OC Motherboard
16GB Avexir Core 2400MHz (Cl11) RAM
Swiftech H320 360mm AIO CPU Cooler
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Case
3xNoctua IndustrialPPC fans
Sapphire Vapor-x 8GB 290x (Crossfire)
480GB Seagate SSD
3TB Western Digital RED NAS HDD
1500Watt Silverstone 80+ Gold SST-ST1500-GS

Back
Top Bottom