• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Associate
Associate
Like the way Fury's starting to pan out. If they can price it right and get some stock on the shelf then it's looking Okay for AMD.

Associate
Depends on the resolution though. The Fury does worse than the 980 across the board at 1080p. So for those of us with only 1080p monitors the 980 is the better choice in all regards it seems.

Maybe this will cause Nvidia to drop the 980 price a bit though, to compete with the people who want a cheaper card for higher resolutions.

I have an 1080p monitor as well(for now)...but as we have DSR/VSR, i will not play in 1080p...why should i if the GPU is capable of more?

Soldato
I have an 1080p monitor as well(for now)...but as we have DSR/VSR, i will not play in 1080p...why should i if the GPU is capable of more?

That's really my point though, it's not a clear win for every scenario. For me the 980 would be the better buy right not. Cheaper, far lower power usage, and higher performance in my usage.

Soldato
It's a darn good card for 1440p. 13% faster on average than GTX 980.
It all depends on price now, and supply. Otherwise it'll see an inflated price like the Fury X is suffering from.

Soldato
That's really my point though, it's not a clear win for every scenario. For me the 980 would be the better buy right not. Cheaper, far lower power usage, and higher performance in my usage.

Higher performance in your usage, what does that mean?

From what I have read the Fury is way ahead of the 980 in most things and at worst level pegging at low res on some games.

For an extra £50 it looks a better buy than a 980?

it pummels the GTX 980 in many games, and it’s a dead heat in the handful of titles where it’s close.

Fury still packs a hell of a punch, landing closer to the GTX 980 Ti in terms of performance than the GTX 980
For $50 more than the GTX 980, it offers a solid jump in performance. The Radeon Fury is unequivocally a superior 2560x1440 gaming option, period.

Associate

Well as i wrote earlier, if you buy, a custom 980 and OC it like all owners do, it won't pull much less power than this. So you end up with the slightly less performance for slightly less money at higher resolutions.
I plan to get a Fury, and its sure i will play everything at 1440p VSR at least (as i do now on my 7950), until i get my real 1440p monitor.
Only thing justifies 1080p gaming for me if you have a 120/144hz monitor, and you want high fps for competitive gaming

Soldato
While I go play path of exile this night and the coming days as the game is releasing act 4 awakening tonight I wait for the fury to hit the shops next week.

Perfect card for my eyefinity set up
one card to rule them all.

Soldato
Higher performance in your usage, what does that mean?

From what I have read the Fury is way ahead of the 980 in most things and at worst level pegging at low res on some games.

For an extra £50 it looks a better buy than a 980?

At 1080p the 980 beats the fury in every game (at least from the reviews that I saw). So for my usage (gaming St 1080p), the 980 is the better buy.

Soldato
Damn son the new drivers on AMD Fury are looking very good.

To the guy saying a 980 is faster at low res or whatever, yeah I'm really not agreeing with you there, also with the GTX 980 there is no situation where it will be faster than the 980 Ti etc. With the Radeon Fury's you do get that 980 Ti beating performance in some games.

I guess it's a case of pick your poison and whether some people can purchase without bias.

These cards will be very good sellers at £399, ASUS always charge a premium so £450 seems about right. Going forward with price drops and game bundles, I do think AMD can do well with these. Be nice to see the Fury X's get re tested with latest drivers.

original.jpg

Back
Top Bottom