• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Soldato
But no OCing... ZWdTdQp.gif

Here you go two examples from their testing.

1.17v to 1.21 v scales roughly 75-100mhz from 1050mhz.
If it's linear scaling with fury x on water then 1.3v should top out at 1200-1250mhz, On air the fury should in theory touch 1150-1200 at a real push, it might throttle too much at 1.3v on air though.

Caporegime
I'm not impressed by the performance of the Fiji cards 'for the money'

But, i think AMD have done a good job with them in terms of power consumption, there isn't much difference between Fiji and Nvidia's GM200, if any at all depending on where you look.

Hopefully in time the drivers will mature that bit to catch up the bit of performance, there is not too much in it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unless desperate the next round should be where it's at. I've started saving ;) I'm hoping a single card will be easily beating my 2 x 7970's.

Man of Honour
As a slightly more biased to Amd cos we grew up together kind of guy,
I have to say Nvidia deserve their market share
:D

If AMD had got the styling right on the Tahiti cards like the HD7970 and got the drivers right on day one they would have wiped the floor with the GTX 670 and 680 giving them a much bigger market share.

Caporegime
If AMD had got the styling right on the Tahiti cards like the HD7970 and got the drivers right on day one they would have wiped the floor with the GTX 670 and 680 giving them a much bigger market share.

Doubt it, even when amd had the 9700 and 9800 which slapped the nvidia offerings around they never sold in the volume that a comparable nvidia card would. Thats back in the days when drivers were an issue but its something that struck a chord with people and its still something that sways opinion today.

Man of Honour
I reckon even gp204 will be a decent bit faster and loads more efficient than a 980ti

Not in NVidia's interests to do that.

They will want little Pascal to be about 20% faster than the GM200 cards and will achieve it by limiting the cores to the very minimum to do this on the GP204 chips. This in turn will increase their profit as the cards will be cheaper to make and will leave a nice big performance gap for big Pascal to clean up with.

Just like they did with the Maxwell cards.

Soldato
Not in NVidia's interests to do that.

They will want little Pascal to be about 20% faster than the GM200 cards and will achieve it by limiting the cores to the very minimum to do this on the GP204 chips. This in turn will increase their profit as the cards will be cheaper to make and will leave a nice big performance gap for big Pascal to clean up with.

Just like they did with the Maxwell cards/Kepler cards.

:D

Back
Top Bottom