• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Caporegime
Dumb pricing decision to say the least. Also the hardocp article basically showed these are about the same speed as a 390 series, so not much point in them really.

Caporegime
They probably don't have much choice these cards will likely be expensive to manufacturer. IMO AMD would've really have just been better updating 390 series to GCN1.2 and selling them at much more affordable prices (~£300) rather than trying to compete with NVidia at the high end.

Soldato
I am pro AMD and prefer them over Nvidia, but never to the point where I would throw money at an overall inferior product.

I can understand that AMD are no longer happy to be considered cheap alternatives, but surely they have to at least be a viable alternative if they are priced similarly. 290X was only marginally slower than 780Ti and even had the benefit of 1GB extra VRAM. Yet it was considerably cheaper. Fury on the other hand is considerably more expensive than a similarly performing GTX 980. WTF AMD :confused:

Fury truly does defy the odds by being a GPU that offers nothing over a considerably cheaper alternative. Couple this with the fact measurably faster 980Tis can be purchased for only £50 more is a massive nail in Fury's coffin. It's ironic really as when Nvidia do this the Nvidia fans still lap them up (780Ti vs 290X AIB).

Fiji is a failure as far as AMD are concerned. This is the 1st time I can remember a GPU launch actually helping the opposition. Fiji is so lacklustre people are flocking to purchase superior Nvidia products.

390X - rebrand of 290X with a massive price hike and extra 4GB VRAM = Meh
Fury X slower than 980Ti, pump noise issues, locked voltage = Massive advert for Nvidia products
Fury Pro massively overpriced and offers nothing tangible over nine month old GTX 980. = Pointless
Poor stock levels at release.
Even the majority of AMD partners are avoiding the Fury - MSI, XFX, Powercolor, HIS and Gigabyte, let that sink in folks.

At least you fixed the poor stock cooler debacle that came with 290X. Go AMD :rolleyes:

Even AMD fans are reeling at the utter mediocrity their current GPU releases have brought. Only utter fanboys and AMD employees would purchase AMD over Nvidia this round. Lol, maybe driver improvements will make it all better.

Last edited:
Associate
by this point most people probably have 980tis already or fury x on order
I can see this selling well in 6 monthes time if it drops close to £300
for people that are still using weaker cards like gtx 670s, r9 280x etc
but I dont see why you wouldnt go for full enthusiast if you are willing to pay 450

Soldato
by this point most people probably have 980tis already or fury x on order
I can see this selling well in 6 monthes time if it drops close to £300
for people that are still using weaker cards like gtx 670s, r9 280x etc
but I dont see why you wouldnt go for full enthusiast if you are willing to pay 450

Yep, I had earmarked one of these to replace my 580, but with the price as is there's no way I'd go for it. The 390x/980 or going the full way to the 980ti just makes more sense.

Back
Top Bottom