• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

Dunno where else to talk about this so I'll say it here!
Running 7200MHz DDR5 on a 13900k with a 4090, Apex legends no longer drops frames below 240fps pretty much anywhere maxed out 1440p vs my 5900x which would frequently drop into the 160~s.
ASUS Maximus Hero with "AI overclocking" clocks up to 6.1GHz and runs at 90-91c on a 170i Elite Capellix... absolutely insane. So chuffed.

Last edited:
Luckily I caught a 13700k for 458 with code just before prices went up. Cancelled other order.

Is DDR5 worth it vs DDR4? Can't seem to find much that compares to know for sure. I just need a board but not sure if DDR5 is wasteful, or go for a decent cheap DDR4 board with intention of upgrading again in 1-2 years. Anyone??

Luckily I caught a 13700k for 458 with code just before prices went up. Cancelled other order.

Is DDR5 worth it vs DDR4? Can't seem to find much that compares to know for sure. I just need a board but not sure if DDR5 is wasteful, or go for a decent cheap DDR4 board with intention of upgrading again in 1-2 years. Anyone??

If you are upgrading again in a year then why would you not go DDR5, even if it is just cheaper ~£150 32GB 5600MT/s kit, at least then you still be able to reuse it on the new board you'll need to buy again.

Last edited:
My last Intel CPU was an 8700, I've been on AM4 since. I've just built a system with a 13700k in it for gaming. It's air cooled so I was considering under-volting it to keep the temps in check. Are there any guides on optimising Raptor Lake for gaming and/or under-volting?

id stick it on ebay for £1000/1200 haha!
some SP fan boi will buy it.

just buy another one they seem to be 100/110ish anyhow

Last edited:
I wish there was an international standard for all this! :cry:

We lost that war sadly. Intel’s 10nm and 7nm aren’t even 10nm and 7nm. TSMC are as bad, but Intel have added a second layer of marketing BS when it comes to to its manufacturing nodes.

TBH it’s all rehashed garbage until Intel get to the 18A node.

Dunno where else to talk about this so I'll say it here!
Running 7200MHz DDR5 on a 13900k with a 4090, Apex legends no longer drops frames below 240fps pretty much anywhere maxed out 1440p vs my 5900x which would frequently drop into the 160~s.
ASUS Maximus Hero with "AI overclocking" clocks up to 6.1GHz and runs at 90-91c on a 170i Elite Capellix... absolutely insane. So chuffed.

Which memory are you using? :)

Back
Top Bottom