• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

Luckily I caught a 13700k for 458 with code just before prices went up. Cancelled other order.

Is DDR5 worth it vs DDR4? Can't seem to find much that compares to know for sure. I just need a board but not sure if DDR5 is wasteful, or go for a decent cheap DDR4 board with intention of upgrading again in 1-2 years. Anyone??
As it currently stands if you game at 4k you are not going to notice any extra fps from DDR5 over DDR4

I never seen any review of actually showing difference streaming, background tasks

Hardware unboxed has the 7600x slightly ahead in gaming but he probably ran benchmarks on clean systems

What I'd like to see it run again but with running stuff you normally run while gaming and see the difference

HUB did some testing like that a while ago. Results were really odd because the 6 core 5600X did better than the 8 core 5800X. Pretty sure if you google or search youtube you can find it, if not just trawl through their videos and it will popup.

Is it normal for i 9 13900k to run idle at around 70-75c ? When I game it doesnt seem to change much maybe goes up to 80-85 max I'm using

Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE​

That sounds like either the pumps not running or the AIO has been mounted poorly. What do the temps go to under any load? I would expect it would rocket up immediately.

Or it’s not really idle and something is running.

HUB did some testing like that a while ago. Results were really odd because the 6 core 5600X did better than the 8 core 5800X. Pretty sure if you google or search youtube you can find it, if not just trawl through their videos and it will popup.

Yeah I watched that but now that he has results with gaming between 13600k and 7600x probably on clean systems would be interesting if he did again but now with background stuff see if the e cores make much difference especially in the mins

Yeah I watched that but now that he has results with gaming between 13600k and 7600x probably on clean systems would be interesting if he did again but now with background stuff see if the e cores make much difference especially in the mins
The extra e cores will make close to 0 difference. I mean, what would you be running in the background in order for there to be a difference? Background tasks usually take up memory cycles and not that much CPU cycles, so the performance hit will be pretty equal no matter if you have 6 or 56 cores. I'm not saying the 7600x is better than the 13600k, it's not, the 13600k is the by far superior CPU, but that won't translate in gaming just because you run some stuff on the background. Of course that assumes you are not running heavy type of workloads, if you do these - then you minimize them and the scheduler sends them to ecores. I tried it on my 12900k and it was actually nuts, you can even run heavy stuff like rendering on the background while playing your games perfectly fine.

That sounds like either the pumps not running or the AIO has been mounted poorly. What do the temps go to under any load? I would expect it would rocket up immediately.

Or it’s not really idle and something is running.
Ok fixed it there was a program running in the background that didnt need to be so its now at idle 40c so my guess is that is right.

Is it normal for i 9 13900k to run idle at around 70-75c ? When I game it doesnt seem to change much maybe goes up to 80-85 max I'm using

Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE​

No it's not.

75c at idle can be a few things

1) maybe your PC is not idling. Check task manager maybe something is running hard in the background. Check HWninfo, how much wattage is it pulling?

2) Poor block mounting. If this is the case then the loop will be cold - run the CPU in a benchmark and feel if the tubes on the AIO get hot, do the fans blow hot air? If not the mounting may be bad.

3) Failed pump. Assuming block is mounted on, then with a failed pump the loop will get very hot - tubes will feel hot, block will feel hot and water temp inside loop will be hot and CPU May thermal throttle

13700 is the one to watch, it's just that people hate waiting. The 13700f is likely to be priced at around £330-£340 (since we know that Intel pricing hasn't changed since the last gen).

If people are gonna stick with LGA1700 for a while, might as well be something powerful like this (which at stock, is going to be slightly faster than the 12900K).

For gaming, one without E-Cores would probably give virtually the same performance, but that does not fit in with Intel's wider plans.

Hype up the i9 K CPUs, then very few or no reviews for the locked CPUs, it's the same every generation. The same thing is true for B series motherboards from AMD and Intel, you don't see them unless there's a major problem, like poor VRM thermals or VRM power limits.
Maybe if your focus is more on productivity but the 13600k will still win in gaming since you can OC it to 5.6ghz or more quite easily to get stock 13900k gaming performance.

Without high end cooling, overclocking a raptor lake CPU is pointless:

cpu-temperature-blender.png

Already 91 Celsius at stock, 11 Celsius higher than the 12600K in this case. @5.6 all core, it just gets stupidly hot, for potentially 1% performance boost in games.

This is exactly why Intel needs to switch to their new process technology (Intel 4), as soon as possible.

Around January, it would be much less hassle to just get a 13700/13700f and run it at stock.

Last edited:
Funny thing, if you do a manual overclock then raptor lake automatically changes its temp limit to 115c so it will only throttle at 115c, yet when it's stock it throttles at 100c

Last edited:
How much do you need to spend to cool an 6 or 8P core 13th gen CPU, when overclocked to 5.6ghz?

Is it even doable with an air cooler?

Last edited:
I tried those fury beast expo actually very good kit for the money... Plus no rgb... Bonus!!!

No rgb is a bonus because it looks bad or actually is better without it, power to LEDs or something?
Trying to find a good memory kit and they mostly have rgb which I don’t really want.

No it's not.

75c at idle can be a few things

1) maybe your PC is not idling. Check task manager maybe something is running hard in the background. Check HWninfo, how much wattage is it pulling?

2) Poor block mounting. If this is the case then the loop will be cold - run the CPU in a benchmark and feel if the tubes on the AIO get hot, do the fans blow hot air? If not the mounting may be bad.

3) Failed pump. Assuming block is mounted on, then with a failed pump the loop will get very hot - tubes will feel hot, block will feel hot and water temp inside loop will be hot and CPU May thermal throttle

I worked out the problem my PC is in fact running at 40c idle but for some very odd reason Corsair iCue will tell me its running at 75c when it is NOT ! When ever I load up the iCue on my main desktop it will show me the correct overal cpu temp ! Anyone know how to fix this ? As it currently stand the LCD screen is telling me the wrong information but if I open up Icue on my desktop it fixes the problem and tells me the temp is in fact 40c
If I leave my pc for 10 mins its goes back to 70c on the LCD screen but as soon as I click on iCUE desktop again the CPU goes back to showing 40c ! Anyone know how to fix this because as it stands the LCD is making up its own numbers !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom