• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

I'm running a Dark Rock Pro 4 on my 13700K and it gets to high 60s when gaming. It's not OC'd, has a slight undervolt and the P cores seem to max out at 5.4GHz.
That sounds fine. Undervolting is always good! Seems like these CPUs will run happily on air, as long as you don't force even higher clocks...

13900k vs 7950x vs 5950x with a 4090. The 3d can't get here soon enough, it's a massacre

image011-1-1200x381.png

image017-1-1200x381.png
image023-1-1200x381.png
image035-1200x381.png
image041-1200x381.png

Brilliant cherry pick the few games, why can't we have power draw included in charts as well for me it's also pretty important

I can find other sites benchmarks with 4090 and at 1080p with different results with same games hope you ain't looking at ones that look best for intel mr bencher

I wouldn't be buying either of those if I was primary gaming

Where's the 7700x results pretty sure that's the best performing from the AMD stack and cheaper,

Last edited:
Brilliant cherry pick the few games, why can't we have power draw included in charts as well for me it's also pretty important

I can find other sites benchmarks with 4090 and at 1080p with different results with same games hope you ain't looking at ones that look best for intel mr bencher

I wouldn't be buying either of those if I was primary gaming

Where's the 7700x results pretty sure that's the best performing from the AMD stack and cheaper,
Cherry pick? I posted 5 out of 7 games they tested, what cherrypick? Do you even know what the word means? It would be cherrypicking if I posted one result that X cpu won while it was losing in everything else. Not the case here, the 13900k wins in every single game tested.

Powerdraw in games is irrelevant, derbauer tested the 13900k @ 90w, loses no performance compared to stock, so consider the results with a 13900k running at 90 watts. Unless of course derbauer is lying, dunno, I think I trust him but thats up to you

Last edited:
Cherry pick? I posted 5 out of 7 games they tested, what cherrypick? Do you even know what the word means? It would be cherrypicking if I posted one result that X cpu won while it was losing in everything else. Not the case here, the 13900k wins in every single game tested.

Give me average over 30 games , thank you

Give me average over 30 games , thank you
Me? Im not the reviewer, but what makes you think the results will change. Do you know many games where zen 4 is 25% faster than the 13900k? Unless you are GPU bound (like in valhala) the difference will be around 20-25% even if you run 5 billion games

Last edited:
Me? Im not the reviewer, but what makes you think the results will change. Do you know many games where zen 4 is 25% faster than the 13900k? Unless you are GPU bound (like in valhala) the difference will be around 20-25% even if you run 5 billion games

You want a gold medal ? I couldn't care any less firstly I wouldn't play at 1080p and secondary I wouldn't buy either of them for just gaming who the hell is buying the 4090 to play at 1080p or even 1440p

Last edited:
You want a gold medal ? I couldn't care any less firstly I wouldn't play at 1080p and secondary I wouldn't buy either of them for just gaming
Objectively, I have no skin in the game, its fairly close at 4k where most people would use a 4090 (imo). So any top end CPU would be a fantastic experience. :)
Sure but you are both missing the point. Both will perform great at 4k with a 4090. One of them will perform great with a 5090, a 6090, a 7090 as well, while the other won't, cause it's 25% slower. That's the whole point of low resolutiion testing. It's called longevity.

Say you want a gaming CPU, and you have a budget of let's say 400€. What benchmarks are you going to look at to determine which cpu will last you longer for games, 4k or 720p? I think the answer is pretty obvious to anyone that isn't getting mad cause his favorite company is losing, right?

I'm currently doing a build for a friend with 13600k so don't chat about favourite company, if anything you put me off intel with the shilling lol

And I'll be looking to do one myself with the zen4 3d if its decent

Last edited:
I'm currently doing a build for a friend with 13600k so don't chat about favourite company, if anything you put me off intel with the shilling lol

And I'll be looking to do one myself with the zen4 3d if its decent
When you get to the point of calling someone an Intel shill because he dared to post a review that Intel wins...yeah, you are too far gone. That's the whole point I despise AMD nowadays, the internet is full of people like that, don't you dare mention alderlake was better than zen 3 in games, holy crap the pitchforks :D

13900 will last as long as when the next Intel CPU is out then you will upgrade anyway. :)
But you don't need to. You will if you want to, but you won't be forced cause it's bottlenecking your shiny brand new gpu.

That's why im still holding to my 12900k. Was planning on going for the 13900, but there is no point, even with a 5090 2 years from now it will be fine. On the other hand, had I gone for a 5950x...yeah. That's why im looking at 720p results and not 4k .

Back
Top Bottom