• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

will just be highly binned 13900ks. basically anyone right now buying a 13900k is getting the bottom crap of their pile.

Can't see it, that'll not be even a 5% performance increase. Even the dumbest guy at Intel would surely realize it'll be a huge flop and won't compete with Zen43Dcache.

I think it'll need to be either:

1. Further improved 10nm process, with at least +200Mhz over 13900KS (so 6.4Ghz turbo)
2. Extra cores. Perhaps they can tweak the design for 10 or 12 P cores? Extra E cores would be boring at this point.

Can't see it, that'll not be even a 5% performance increase. Even the dumbest guy at Intel would surely realize it'll be a huge flop and won't compete with Zen43Dcache.

I think it'll need to be either:

1. Further improved 10nm process, with at least +200Mhz over 13900KS (so 6.4Ghz turbo)
2. Extra cores. Perhaps they can tweak the design for 10 or 12 P cores? Extra E cores would be boring at this point.
Perhaps the Rapter Lake S refresh, but definitely the 13900KS will be higher binned 13900k with P core SP over 115 or similar.

Thank you

It's at 1.347 when @6GHz
I will try to lower it. But I think the AIO can not get rid of 300w+ of heat fast enough.

Are you using a contact frame? May be at a point where you need to delid the CPU to enhance the thermal transfer, as that's the next weak point.

Thank you

It's at 1.347 when @6GHz
I will try to lower it. But I think the AIO can not get rid of 300w+ of heat fast enough.
The Thermalright contact frame can be boughr for ~£10/$10 and works every bit as good as the Thermal Griizzly one according to Gamers Nexus.

Also comes in 4 colours but hard to see once the cooler is on.

If you have a 13900K it makes basic good sense to get one as it does improve the contact area.

Stable 8200 CL34, couldn't get 8400 CL36 stable on these TG 7200 sticks even though it would pass multiple stress tests. For some reason it crash on idle or at login screen. Will try G Skills 8000 kit when it arrives.

Z0Q8yjuh.jpg

Last edited:
Untitled.png

Is 13900 Raptor Lake? seeing a lot of talk about them in this thread.

Whats the next best thing from Intel?

On AMD 5950X here and RTX 3090, not suffering in any way, but keen to see when its prime to upgrade again?

DDR5 I know will be needed next upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom