Recommend me metal bands (short list included)

Associate
unfortunately carzy ive also heard from a few people that they suck live (never had the opertunity) there first 2 albums are brilliant - waking the fallen is the best metal album released full stop. anyone trying to argue will just be destroyed tbh - its that good, every song ffs, not 1 bad song, marvelous

seriously though, i NEED some new music to listen to, i like singing and melody to my metal which rules out a lot bands - 1 excepion of which is the butterfly effect (if ANYONE metions a certain (crap may i add) film i will eat them) good crisp guitar with some decent tunes and no screaming

i tried listening to the mars volta after hearing and likeing the widow but frances the mut is just, messed up for lack of a better term, dont know if this is my fault, but i have no obkection it its really long 5 songs, its just they seem to have no form, rythem, or any real music, just a collection of noises, i was VERY dissapointed

you guys are right about trvium though, good but its been done, weve heard it all before (which is my current anger, all metal being the same, as i lay dying and unearth, just "another" band)

has anyone heard anything like aveneged sevenfold? - i will pay them :eek:

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:
unfortunately carzy ive also heard from a few people that they suck live (never had the opertunity) there first 2 albums are brilliant - waking the fallen is the best metal album released full stop. anyone trying to argue will just be destroyed tbh - its that good, every song ffs, not 1 bad song, marvelous

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
That's pretty laughable at best :p And I doubt anyone on these forums will agree with that.

m3csl2004 said:
i tried listening to the mars volta after hearing and likeing the widow but frances the mut is just, messed up for lack of a better term, dont know if this is my fault, but i have no obkection it its really long 5 songs, its just they seem to have no form, rythem, or any real music, just a collection of noises, i was VERY dissapointed

Listen to De-Loused In The Comatorium, and try to tell me they have no form, rhythm or "real music". Because to suggest that Jon (or Omar for that matter) cannot play their instruments is tantamount to saying Buddy Rich (or Billy Cobham for a more direct comparison) was a rubbish drummer :p

Oh, and Frances The Mute is a really really bad introduction to The Mars Volta, it's definitely not the best album to listen to if you've never heard them before.

Last edited:
Associate
...Some oldies

S.O.D - Stormtroopers of Death
M.O.D - Method of Destruction
Suicidal Tendencies

Not so heavy

Queensrÿche
Nightwish (already mentioned)

Last edited:

Sic

Sic

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:

you're wrong. although frances is a bunch of pretentious trash (quite enjoy the widow, and some songs are good in context...but that's about it for me.

listen to the tremulant ep and de-loused in the comatorium, particularly, wait, every single track on BOTH cds is awesome. so just listen to them. also, if you're feeling devilish, listen to wiretap scars by Sparta. not really a metal recommendation, more telling you to pull your head out of the floor and listen to a band properly before you form an opinion.

Associate
i never meant to give the impression they were a bad band guys - i cant pass jugdment on a band with only 1 album

so there other albums are good? - think ill give them a go (and i was never in doubt they cant play there instruments - you can tell that they can quite clearly, and i love the guys voice)

and about avenged sevenfold - i know people who agree with me - but each to there own i say - i think there best band walking, alotta people dont, - dont mean to say i cant die trying to make them all lol

and btw carzy - your not gonna get away with laughing - all in due time ;)

edit:whats your fave thrice song??? (identity crisis for me, ace lyrics good tempo :cool: )

Last edited:
Soldato
Big Chris said:
They're not really metal, and they're not really any good either. The first album was ok, and I saw them live at Reading sometime in the late 90's and they were pretty good, but they went severely downhill after that.
Each to their I own I guess, but I think they're ace, especially their later stuff (Deviant, www.pitchshifter.com, PSI). I realise they're not really Metal, but I figured if people were including the likes of Rage, SOAD and Mars Volta that they deserved at least a mention too. :)

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:
edit:whats your fave thrice song??? (identity crisis for me, ace lyrics good tempo :cool: )

"Between The End And Where We Lie" or "Of Dust And Nations". Both off of Vheissu. As I've said in other threads I'm not a major fan of the other Thrice albums (I like The Artist In The Ambulance, but not majorly).

Soldato
edgecrusher said:
Fear Factory, their new album Transgression is superb. :D

Fear Factory haven't been the same since Obsolete.

Back in my metal days, I was listening to:
The Haunted
Fear Factory
Pantera
Hatebreed
American Head Charge
Arch Enemy e.t.c

Awesome bands, don't know what they're like now, or even if they're around.

Ant :cool:

Soldato
Neon said:
american head charge lost a member i believe? passed away?

Yep, the bassist or drummer I think, can't remember which. They got a temporary replacement and carried on touring though I think as they believed that's what he would have wanted (and sounds perfectly possible to be honest :))

Soldato
m3csl2004 said:
...has anyone heard anything like aveneged sevenfold? - i will pay them :eek:

No but they have their heads so far up their asses they cannot see the light of day.

I was going to give them a go until I read Dec. Metal Hammer...... omg what a bunch of idiots. I'm not alone on this either.

Associate
yeah well, they probably are a bunch of idiots, but there not my freinds, they make music that i like ;) (and apparently i am alone lol)

not off to see headcharge now, :( cant get there, life sucks when you live in hull with no car

im now systematically going through the bands in this thread, looking for some nice new music to listen to, good thread :)

Soldato
at the moment im loving

Bullet for my valentine
Dragonforce
Trivium
As i lay dying (These rock)
Everytime i die (Went to see these when they were supporting mcr :D)

Soldato
Andr3w said:
at the moment im loving

Bullet for my valentine
Dragonforce
Trivium
As i lay dying (These rock)
Everytime i die (Went to see these when they were supporting mcr :D)

Ergh, how humiliating that must have been for ETID.

Back
Top Bottom