Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Now that the incredible graphics/physics are wearing off I'm just getting annoyed all of the time by the clunky combat, the gunfights just feel like a prolongued wrestling match with the controls.

Now that the incredible graphics/physics are wearing off I'm just getting annoyed all of the time by the clunky combat, the gunfights just feel like a prolongued wrestling match with the controls.

Yeah, controls simply aren't responsive enough most of the time, making lots of things feel like a chore.

Seems like a good choice that I didn't get the game despite being hyped for it as hell, I'm curious what people will think of it once the hype cools down. I'm seeing a lot more criticism about it already than I had thought I would.

I missed all the major releases like Spider-Man, Forza 4 and this, I only grabbed Odyssey which will take time to complete so I have time to think whether to pick this up next or wait even longer:p

Seems like a good choice that I didn't get the game despite being hyped for it as hell, I'm curious what people will think of it once the hype cools down. I'm seeing a lot more criticism about it already than I had thought I would.

I missed all the major releases like Spider-Man, Forza 4 and this, I only grabbed Odyssey which will take time to complete so I have time to think whether to pick this up next or wait even longer:p

This is ocuk......

Step back. Read the reviews, watch some twitch streams.

I'm playing on a ps4 basic and loving it.

Yeah, criticism. Doubt you'll find many people not loving it though!
I'm loving it as an experience, whilst not especially thinking it's that great gameplay-wise tbh. The combat and some of general gameplay is average, but overall the experience is excellent

Yeah, criticism. Doubt you'll find many people not loving it though!
I'm loving it as an experience, whilst not especially thinking it's that great gameplay-wise tbh. The combat and some of general gameplay is average, but overall the experience is excellent

Probably the best way to sum the game up.

Yeah, I'm absolutely getting the game, just not now as I don't like playing two big games at the same time. I loved RDR and I'm pretty sure I'll love this one as I just like to roam around such environments and the "slowness" of it won't be a problem unless the gameplay is TRULY clunky. I'm looking for a slow, deliberate experience. Just in no rush to get it now, which surprises me.

Not sure why so many are having trouble with the shooting controls - it's identical to GTA - you need to keep 'reaiming' by releasing the aim button and pressing it again to 'select' the enemies, not hold it down and try to move the reticle over people. It's easier than most third person games IMO.

Like others, I'm disappointed with the "4k" output on PS4 Pro. I've pumped up the sharpness on my LG c8 and now have an acceptable picture but with my usual settings I was surprised by the level of blur. This game is so good though it almost justifies an xbox x for the native 4k.

Yeah the blur on ps4 pro is really bad. I went and got an xbox x just for this game. Visuals at native 4k are really impressive as is the performance boost given by the xbox.

You will get told your tv is to blame, you are trolling etc etc. Trust me if you want the best experience get the x1. You can get some really good bundles atm as well. The ps4 only upscales to 4k so it will never look as good as native 4k on the xbox anyway. Also aiming on the xbox is much more fluent, can be a bit jerky on the pro.

Last edited:
So - im right at the start. Trying to take shotgun out of saddle bag. Can take it but I put my pistol back.

I have seen videos of people switcing between pistol and shotgun so know they can be carried together. Just cant figure out how to make it happen.

Is carrying both locked out as Im still in the tutorial?

Back
Top Bottom