Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Jumped on for an hour after the baby settled, played dominoes for 40 mins :eek:. Just finished Chapter 2, XB app is showing 34 hours playtime. But it looks so pretty everywhere when I'm not being bounty hunted :cool:

ff4403e42942b26dbdee5fe02e8fb0d3.jpg

b5b69e923653ba038bd753c3056675c9.jpg

Anyone using the companion app? A mate is using it and said its quite good.

Used it on my Android and it just kept disconnecting. Brought home my iPad from work and used that last night, it's actually really useful. Real time map and stats always there, even in cinema mode. You can set waypoints much quicker on the app and it's much easier to quickly zoom out and look about, or just track how far through a long ride you are.

I've not got far in the story yet but loving this, will try the companion app tonight. Spent most of the time just riding and hunting.

Can't decide if I prefer playing this on 50" 4k TV or on 100" 1080p projector. It does look nicer and there's more detail in 4k but the huge projector screen adds more immersion and makes it easier to spot rabbits etc. :)

So - im right at the start. Trying to take shotgun out of saddle bag. Can take it but I put my pistol back.

I have seen videos of people switcing between pistol and shotgun so know they can be carried together. Just cant figure out how to make it happen.

Is carrying both locked out as Im still in the tutorial?

So, There are 2 types of shotgun. A larger double barreled shotgun that is for a rifle slot and a short saw off shotgun that is a sidearm. You can only take a singular side arm

UNTIL

You do the first mission for Micah in Strawberry and then you get the option to dual wield so can take 2 different side arms and use them separately OR together

So, There are 2 types of shotgun. A larger double barreled shotgun that is for a rifle slot and a short saw off shotgun that is a sidearm. You can only take a singular side arm

UNTIL

You do the first mission for Micah in Strawberry and then you get the option to dual wield so can take 2 different side arms and use them separately OR together

There are 3 different shotguns, but the sawn off is for a pistol slot like you said.

Note to self: After you’ve been hunting for a stag, lasso’d it (killed it with knife) and stowed it on the back of horse try not to ride into a group of guys causing a gunfight right outside the butchers shop.

UNTIL

There's a quicker way to unlock 2nd holster ;)

You need to complete a challenge then go to a trapper in St Denis (you can get train there right at the start) and have one crafted
need to skin 3 deers and then in one of the outfit collections you can get a holster

While I love this game, I feel I’m starting to get a bit fatigued. And I’m only 21% in :/ maybe it’s just the game throwing too much at me at once. Either that or I’m getting old :p

I think it just has a lot to show you in the first 20-30% of the game. I felt like I've reached the point it has tailed off now and I'm less overwhelmed :p

Who the **** can be arsed to read (or write) all of that :p. I didn’t even know there were any alledged issues until I came in this thread. Game looks great on all platforms to me.

Are you playing in 4k HDR through? It's immediately obvious when you turn HDR 'on' if you're seen/played any real HDR content that RDR2 is basically doing nothing.

Some actual analysis on the HDR issue :(
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-whats-up-with-red-dead-redemption-2s-hdr

Such a shame, that's 2 AAA games in a row with broken HDR (BLOPS 4).

Like many of us have been saying over the last 5 or so days, HDR is broken in this game, met with the response “it’s your tv as mine looks amazing”. Many people don’t understand what HDR actually is or look like, so running vibrant panels in their eyes equates to it’s working “great on my tv” :rolleyes:

Hopefully something forces Rockstar to sort this mess out and while they’re there, do something with the rubbish checkerboarding.

Back
Top Bottom