Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

I saw your picture of the settings you have off, that’s all standard for gaming. I meant your OLED brightness, colour etc :).

All there mate... You might be better using the B7 settings for a starter posted as mine is a B6 and a couple of years old....

906ebp.jpg

33z5hea.jpg

9h713k.jpg

j91s0h.jpg

Last edited:
Could it be because you're leaving bodies on the road etc rather than hiding them?

Not played anywhere near as much as I'd have liked yet so could be wrong on the above mind :p

When it has happened, there hasn't been anyone around - unless they're hiding from me, and see me doing the deed :D

It's not a show stopper, subsequent offings have been fine - I'm able to wander away from the scene and get off scott free.

That does look a little washed out in that pic... The sky is a bit dull... Might be my iPad though...

Edit - might even just be the weather in your pic...

I posted a pic earlier of mine it looks a bit more coloured due to iPad auto correcting.

e7ysf6.jpg

That does look a little washed out in that pic... The sky is a bit dull... Might be my iPad though...

Nah, his looks fine with a natural look to it, yours as I and others have said is far too vibrant, it's also obvious as to why that is looking at your settings posted above. People prefer different colour palettes and what not so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what people use as long as they're happy with it.

Nah, his looks fine with a natural look to it, yours as I and others have said is far too vibrant, it's also obvious as to why that is looking at your settings posted above. People prefer different colour palettes and what not so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what people use as long as they're happy with it.

It’s not in real life look at the wall in my pic it’s light magnolia but coloured in pic. I will try and take another without auto correction....

DF article comes as no surprise and didn’t realise this also affected the X version too. Very surprised this wasn’t picked up after all the initial gushing by DF.

There’s been something constantly bugging me about this game visually and I was experimenting with hdr off and on yesterday and struggled to see any difference. It’s night and day in any other release e.g- HZD, GOW, Uncharted etcetc.

The HDR mode massively raises black levels but that makes sense after the DF analysis. I counteracted this by reducing brightness on tv which I’ve never had to do as my tv is calibrated.

Somewhat dissapointed, May end up replaying it when it’s all fixed.

Massive kudos to the HZD devs who nailed everything straight from day 1 on a new IP.

DF article comes as no surprise and didn’t realise this also affected the X version too. Very surprised this wasn’t picked up after all the initial gushing by DF.

There’s been something constantly bugging me about this game visually and I was experimenting with hdr off and on yesterday and struggled to see any difference. It’s night and day in any other release e.g- HZD, GOW, Uncharted etcetc.

The HDR mode massively raises black levels but that makes sense after the DF analysis. I counteracted this by reducing brightness on tv which I’ve never had to do as my tv is calibrated.

Somewhat dissapointed, May end up replaying it when it’s all fixed.

Massive kudos to the HZD devs who nailed everything straight from day 1 on a new IP.

It’s not the best implemtation of HDR feels like it was added as an afterthought. Both HZD and Forza do it miles better...

I would play with HDR off, especially on OLED. Because they're just doing a 'lightness of colour == lumens' approach it means all the HUD elements which are white will be 100% brightness, which is only going to raise your chances of burn in being a problem.

Burn in on OLED takes a ridiculous number of hours, you'd literally have to do a full day session without doing anything where the HUD elements disappear for there to even be a slim chance of it.

Burn in on OLED takes a ridiculous number of hours, you'd literally have to do a full day session without doing anything where the HUD elements disappear for there to even be a slim chance of it.

Yeah you're not wrong, but still that's with HUD elements at normal brightness eg 120nits. Now imagine it permanently at 1000 nits, you've upped your risk significantly.

Those groups of bounty hunters with dogs are a total nightmare, once the dogs get at your ankles targetting them is like trying to do a u-turn in the Titanic.

Back
Top Bottom