Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Going off the video posted earlier, the only way to get an accurate image is to have HDR off. I'm going to turn mine off when I get in and see what it looks like, I'd imagine a fix for it shouldn't be too far off if Rockstar are aware of it.

Presume that’s a dig at me.... :) You do seem to have an issue with the fact I don’t have an issue...

I fully understand what HDR is and it looks great on my TV with a noticeable difference with it enabled. Not sure what vibrancy has to do with it though my panel is OLED and is set up to give a very natural image.

I agree it’s not the best usage of HDR in a game but it certainly makes a noticeable difference.

Not a dig at anyone, I’ve seen it on plenty of forums, the whole “it looks amazing on my tv so there’s no problem” attitude.

Hopefully very soon! Trying to hold of on playing it till patch happens.

After seeing Vincent's video, I've now turned hdr off, had to put in game brightness to max though.

Burn in on OLED takes a ridiculous number of hours, you'd literally have to do a full day session without doing anything where the HUD elements disappear for there to even be a slim chance of it.

isn't it totally dependent on the panel lottery?

rtings bought 10 oled's all the exact same and showed some are more prone to it than others, etc.

if you lost the panel lottery then it could be quite bad whereas if you won it would be impossible to get any at all even if you left it on for a week.

isn't it totally dependent on the panel lottery?

rtings bought 10 oled's all the exact same and showed some are more prone to it than others, etc.

if you lost the panel lottery then it could be quite bad whereas if you won it would be impossible to get any at all even if you left it on for a week.

Even the worst panel on their very over the top tests, took some ridiculous hours of static imagery to create burn in.

Yep that’s what I said to you the other day if you remember? Even then I couldn’t see the Rockstar logo to calibrate so needed a touch more tv brightness.

I don't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning so..... :p

I refuse to touch my TV settings for just one game, no matter how good it is! Will wait for the proper HDR and checker boarding.

Yep that’s what I said to you the other day if you remember? Even then I couldn’t see the Rockstar logo to calibrate so needed a touch more tv brightness.
I just assumed the logo was missing, the segments looked OK but never got the logo to appear whichever extreme I tried :p

mid way through chapter 3. just trying to build funds up for the rest of the game. up to 40 hours now which is insane for 30% completion.

Is there a way to check how many hours you've played?

I'm ashamed to say I'm powering through the story with little regard for anything else at the moment - I just really want to find out what happens :p

Back to AC Odyssey until this hdr is sorted. Really dissapointed with R*.

*fired AC up and it’s night and day difference- hopefully R* will get it sorted quickly as it will be phenomenal with the dynamic range of AC*

Got this on One S - Man the resolution/Image is so bad even with HDR. You can just tell it would look great and supposedly does on X @ 4k. Really struggling to play the image is so blurry.

Back
Top Bottom