Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

The movement and shooting is really starting to become tedious now. GTA V did it better, Uncharted 4 did it better, Mafia 3 did it better, etc. I don't have a clue what they must have been smoking to think this system was good after 8 years of development

Why on earth did they move away from the GTA movement where pushing the stick makes you jog (default speed) and pushing it slightly makes you walk? I'm stopping and starting during fights, turning like a goddamn tank stuck in the mud. It is truly awful. And this is with the sensitivity on max for everything.

The whole crime and witnesses reporting thing is broken. I was just walking through a forest and suddenly a message pops up saying there is a witness... A witness to what?! Then I've got cops after me for murder for some reason.

My biggest gripe is how flimsy people are, if you accidentally bump someone with a horse or even yourself they fall over and if there's witnesses the next thing your getting shot at.

Overall they need to tone that down hugely, it's just too ridiculously easy to accidentally break the law without meaning or wanting to.

I'm enjoying the game, there is so much to do and lots of different ways to do things.

Just broke Hosea I think it was out of jail in Strawberry and he went on a psychotic rampage, that was fun, but I dread to think how bad my bounty is now.

The whole crime and witnesses reporting thing is broken. I was just walking through a forest and suddenly a message pops up saying there is a witness... A witness to what?! Then I've got cops after me for murder for some reason.
If there is a crime committed and you are in the area, albeit innocent they will still come after you if there is no other suspects in the same area

So how are we all feeling now the hype has settled abit, and the graphics/details has sunk in - Are we enjoying the gameplay?

I have seen more and more comments saying how bad the gameplay is, and how much better it could be for the gun fights, movement etc...

Played for another 4/5 hours today before work. I’ve still only done about 5/6 missions at the first camp site (South of Valentine) I’ve explored a lot of the map, no idea how much left, and just generally done nothing. Spent about half hour playing dominoes, a bit of time playing poker :p

The movement and shooting is really starting to become tedious now. GTA V did it better, Uncharted 4 did it better, Mafia 3 did it better, etc. I don't have a clue what they must have been smoking to think this system was good after 8 years of development

Why on earth did they move away from the GTA movement where pushing the stick makes you jog (default speed) and pushing it slightly makes you walk? I'm stopping and starting during fights, turning like a goddamn tank stuck in the mud. It is truly awful. And this is with the sensitivity on max for everything.

Disagree personally, the movement feels perfectly fine imo, ive turned "toggle run" on in the options so i dont have to spam A to keep running.

The shooting is fantastic imo, far better than GTA5, cant speak for uncharted and mafia.. but on RDR2 the shooting feels weighty and realistic.

i can't confirm as i've been away and not played since launch day, but i'm pretty sure it's possible to change the control scheme that the left stick can be used to run / walk depending on pressure applied. Hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom