Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

I just had a hilarious moment that may be one of my favourite personal moments in gaming. I can't see how it could be scripted...i was hunting the legendary Buck. I was taking ages. I put one shot in its head with the rifle, but it got back up and ran away. I spent the next 5 minutes searching for its tracks and then finally found them. Then just as I was crouching down looking through my rifle again, like something straight out of a movie, I looked around to the right, then I looked to the left through the scope and as I turned back it was 5 feet away charging at me... Trampled all over me and took about 3/4 of my health off!

Didn't kill me though, I got back up and took it out as it was running off.

Absolutely brilliant moment!

Ha ha, when I mentioned the PS4 blur way back I was called a troll and that my TV sucks even by a forum mod lol. I guess all those people are used to blurry pictures on the so called great TVs they have.

Everyone knows the X1 is the best version but you ARE trolling and baiting, that's why I reported one of your posts and will continue to do so unless you stop. You can't write a post without saying "inferior PS4 version, blurry blah, blah" and take every occasion you can to have a stab at it and overexaggerate, as if mentioning it once wasn't enough. You didn't even have anything substantial to say regarding the game, literally every single one of you posts has the word "PS4" and "blurry" in it.

Everyone knows the X1 is the best version but you ARE trolling and baiting, that's why I reported one of your posts and will continue to do so unless you stop. You can't write a post without saying "inferior PS4 version, blurry blah, blah" and take every occasion you can to have a stab at it and overexaggerate, as if mentioning it once wasn't enough. You didn't even have anything substantial to say regarding the game, literally every single one of you posts has the word "PS4" and "blurry" in it.

Game is fantastic, but the ps4 is blurry and the performance is quite bad. Its the truth and I am allowed to speak the truth. Report away.

I hope you also reported the people who told me the blur was down to me having a bad TV. No? Thought not.

Game is fantastic, but the ps4 is blurry and the performance is quite bad. Its the truth and I am allowed to speak the truth. Report away.

Don't worry, I will. And it's nice you finally said something about the game instead of mentioning the same thing in ten subsequent posts and baiting people. It's clear what you're doing.

Don't worry, I will. And it's nice you finally said something about the game instead of mentioning the same thing in ten subsequent posts and baiting people. It's clear what you're doing.

Ok, so people telling me my TV sucks because of the blur on my PS4 Pro is not baiting right? They have the same blur....... When even Rockstar said it was an issue. But seriously on the x1 the game plays like a dream, amazing game. Never slated the actual game they made just the ps4 version and how it plays.

At least he has the game to form an opinion, while you just seem to be here trolling his posts as he did not like the PS4 version. Why do you even care what he thinks about a game you don't even have?

A few nice details I noticed just now-

When you put an animal carcass on your horse and carry it around, when you take it off there will be a blood stain on the horses back.
When you pick up a dead/unconscious person, their hat falls off.

Small things, but appreciated.

At least he has the game to form an opinion, while you just seem to be here trolling his posts as he did not like the PS4 version. Why do you even care what he thinks about a game you don't even have?

Lol, I'm here because I'm interested in the game and reading peoples' opinions, what is your problem? I just pointed out what he was doing and I wasn't the only one who noticed.. Have anything to add to the discussion mr. Holier-than-thou?

And I'm even "trolling" posts now, that's rich... You don't even know what trolling is, apparently.

Really getting frustrated with how clunky and bad the combat is this game. For how amazing it is for everything else, the combat is just awful.

I just get killed constantly because auto aim decides to stop working. I don’t rely on it but when the game locks on half the time, it throws you off when it suddenly stops working. Also, when stopping for highlighted NPC’s, only for them to shotgun you down within seconds before you get a chance to react.

In missions it’s fine as it works well, but combat in the open world is just terrible.

I just killed someone and threw them in the river and they sunk to the bottom... Wow. Off to play some dominoes with the boys!
I was hoping an alligator or something might come and eat them like in AC Origins. I haven't seen it happen though, not sure if it does.

PS. I can't hear the main character talk anymore without thinking he sounds like Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder!

Wife wanted the OLED tonight to watch British Bake-off ( I know......the cheek right :p:D) so brought down my 1440p 144hz monitor from upstairs on the PC. I changed the PS4 to 1080p and enabled supersampling, I gotta say it looks excellent with no HDR and I’m sure the 144hz is making this feel smoother even though obviously the game running at 30fps. The colours, the brightness, the blacks and from what I can tell, the blur is a bunch less noticeable than on OLED in 4k.

I find the combat bad too. It’s very inconsistent sometimes it works others no chance. Tbh the controls in general are vague at best at times. I have adjusted the settings as mentioned which does make a huge improvement but it still feels like you are guiding Arthur rather than controlling.

But the story and detail in the game makes up for it in spades. I have never seen so much attention to detail in a game before. I always when getting a new game test the physics and how the game reacts and this is still showing me new things after well over 30 hours at least.

Back
Top Bottom