Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Corpses eventually fully decompose.

45151843-886560135065914-7040689551316090880-n.png

As much as I love this game, I cant help but feel that there is so much room for improvement in this game, and that it will be patched and matched to surpass Witcher 3, Witcher 3 was a great game and all the tweaks and UI interface changes to it made it much more user friendly and an even better game - RDR2 has so much potential to be amazing.

Is it wrong to put this game off and wait for patches? I want to enjoy it, but I want to enjoy it at it's fullest, if that makes sense

As much as I love this game, I cant help but feel that there is so much room for improvement in this game, and that it will be patched and matched to surpass Witcher 3, Witcher 3 was a great game and all the tweaks and UI interface changes to it made it much more user friendly and an even better game - RDR2 has so much potential to be amazing.

Is it wrong to put this game off and wait for patches? I want to enjoy it, but I want to enjoy it at it's fullest, if that makes sense

I put over 300 hours in to The witcher 3, similar into the witcher 2.. RDR2 whilst being a little bit of a walking simulator at times, is FAR better of a game, By comparison the witcher 3 is grindy and boring.

A few nice details I noticed just now-

When you put an animal carcass on your horse and carry it around, when you take it off there will be a blood stain on the horses back.
When you pick up a dead/unconscious person, their hat falls off.

Small things, but appreciated.

Yeah I just killed a guy, shot him in the face with a shotgun to take his head clean off. I proceeded to carry him to my horse and stick him on the back. My coat and back of the horse was indeed covered in blood. Nice touches.

Amazingly, I'm story 29% complete. Hardly done any side activities(total completion only 31%), only hunted one animal outside of missions, and I've only explored about a third, if that, of the map!

I really hope they release a zombie dlc like the first game. Have any of you tried rd1 on xbox now with the 4k visuals update? I am unsure if it is just upscaled or if they actually did something with the textures but it looks really good imo.

I really hope they release a zombie dlc like the first game. Have any of you tried rd1 on xbox now with the 4k visuals update? I am unsure if it is just upscaled or if they actually did something with the textures but it looks really good imo.

It’s just a 4K patch so textures are the same as original it does look very good though although maybe not after playing RD2.

It’s just a 4K patch so textures are the same as original it does look very good though although maybe not after playing RD2.

Ah intresting. Not been a console gamer for awhile now, but RD1 update did impress me seeing as its 2018 and rd1 was a 360 game. Regarding how good rd2 looks, do you think it has pushed current gen consoles to the limit. Graphics and amount of stuff going on in the background is pretty impressive.

Amazingly, I'm story 29% complete. Hardly done any side activities(total completion only 31%), only hunted one animal outside of missions, and I've only explored about a third, if that, of the map!
The swamplands nearer the south around St.Denis are spectacular. A really change from the usual countryside.

Talking of biomes. Is there any desert / dry lands ?

I love this game so much. Always makes me laugh and I love how sneaky you have to be. I accidentally (it was actually an accident) trampled a man I was supposed to catch alive (whoops) and at fear someone would see I proceeded to quickly disposing of his body in a nearby lake :cool:

Ah intresting. Not been a console gamer for awhile now, but RD1 update did impress me seeing as its 2018 and rd1 was a 360 game. Regarding how good rd2 looks, do you think it has pushed current gen consoles to the limit. Graphics and amount of stuff going on in the background is pretty impressive.

Nope I always think there is a bit more in the tank. Half Life 2 has also been patched to 4K and that still looks great and it’s ancient now.

I love this game so much. Always makes me laugh and I love how sneaky you have to be. I accidentally (it was actually an accident) trampled a man I was supposed to catch alive (whoops) and at fear someone would see I proceeded to quickly disposing of his body in a nearby lake :cool:

I did that and the body floated down the river past some fishermen who panicked and alerted the law. I sat watching from a distance it was quite entertaining they even fetched the body out of the water...

So how are we all feeling now the hype has settled abit, and the graphics/details has sunk in - Are we enjoying the gameplay?

I have seen more and more comments saying how bad the gameplay is, and how much better it could be for the gun fights, movement etc...

I'm well over 60hrs (maybe near to 70) now but at only 28% of the story done (I'm on chapter 3, just did the fishing boat trip and the take the girl into town post a letter one).
I'll be honest i'm truly loving it

I just had a hilarious moment that may be one of my favourite personal moments in gaming. I can't see how it could be scripted...i was hunting the legendary Buck. I was taking ages. I put one shot in its head with the rifle, but it got back up and ran away. I spent the next 5 minutes searching for its tracks and then finally found them. Then just as I was crouching down looking through my rifle again, like something straight out of a movie, I looked around to the right, then I looked to the left through the scope and as I turned back it was 5 feet away charging at me... Trampled all over me and took about 3/4 of my health off!

Didn't kill me though, I got back up and took it out as it was running off.

Absolutely brilliant moment!

I was hit from behind by a male moose, almost killed me lol, also had a honey badger type critter chasing me and attacking my legs while on foot, I just whistled my horse then it buggered off

Same here I'm in no rush to complete the story at all.

I stopped to "greet" a guy that was re-shoeing his horse, my distracting him caused his horse to run so I took off after it and lassood it back then brought it back to the owner, unfortunately I bumped into him with my horse, he pulled out his gun and started shooting me so I lassood him , hogtied him and dumped him in the forest.

Loving doing the challenges and crafting on this, some of them are fairly in depth and time consuming. I have barely done any of the story and I must be 25-30 hours into it.

Some of the designs you can get into your guns is awesome as well, need something to spend all that treasure hunter loot on :cool:

The irony of the comments last week pre launch saying how the game was designed to "look and run best" on the PS4 Pro..................
I'm happy I'd already pre ordered it on One X before seeing those or I'd be as pissy about the graphics as the PS4 players are, and understandably so.

hopefully those guys will get their patch ASAP

Back
Top Bottom