Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Caporegime
So what is the point in bounties if you can just kill everyone? I am still on Chapter 2...

So that you keep getting hassled by bounty hunters/certain functions aren't available in some towns for a set time period etc.

I can walk around most towns with a $300 bounty on my head with no issues, you just have to give it some time to settle down.

Soldato
Had a fiddle with HDR and T.V. settings last night and have ended up with a much nicer image on my set with it off. Samsung KS7000. Anyone got any best settings for this set? I've turned Game Mode off, currently on Standard. Looks much more vibrant. Sure it may add unnoticeable lag but it's not a concern on single player titles imo

Soldato
It's definitely a slow paced game and I'm very pleased about that. Hate being rushed in games.
Had a fiddle with HDR and T.V. settings last night and have ended up with a much nicer image on my set with it off. Samsung KS7000. Anyone got any best settings for this set? I've turned Game Mode off, currently on Standard. Looks much more vibrant. Sure it may add unnoticeable lag but it's not a concern on single player titles imo

You playing in 4k? I've got the same TV but only standard PS4.

Soldato
It's definitely a slow paced game and I'm very pleased about that. Hate being rushed in games.

How far in are you? .. The slow pace is really dragging for me after 40odd hours. It slows you down at absolutely every opportunity. I really don't want to have to walk slowly through camp at all times, especially the 3rd camp where your bed etc are a long way from the entrance. It is poor design imo.... Why stop people from running. I'll walk if I want to!

All of the slow animations really start to grate after a while.

Soldato
As an old school gamer I adore the slow pace, the proper story telling, the depth to everything, it's an absolute masterpiece. Yet there's definitely trend with the younger generation of gamer I'm seeing, well to me anyway. Sons of friends, circles of friends online, young kids on the internet tend to call it boring slow paced etc. If just goes to show how dumbed down games have been made to cater for a younger audience generally. Everything needs to be handed to them on a plate immediately with little effort put into the game for them to enjoy is how I see things these days.

Soldato
As an old school gamer I adore the slow pace, the proper story telling, the depth to everything, it's an absolute masterpiece. Yet there's definitely trend with the younger generation of gamer I'm seeing, well to me anyway. Sons of friends, circles of friends online, young kids on the internet tend to call it boring slow paced etc. If just goes to show how dumbed down games have been made to cater for a younger audience generally. Everything needs to be handed to them on a plate immediately with little effort put into the game for them to enjoy is how I see things these days.

It's nothing to do with dumbing down or anything like that. Some of the mechanics are unnecessarily slow. Take what I said about only being able to walk whilst in camp- you enter camp and want to get to your bed, it is a straight line to it, you can see it, you need to get there to change clothes for example. Instead of letting you run there, it forces you to walk slowly towards it. Now there is no gameplay in that straight line, you are just pressing forwards. It is the same with all of the slow animations.... Yes I've seen the skinning animation 50 times now, just get on with it. Hitching the horse is another one(tbh, there is never a need to hitch a horse anyway) press and hold the button, then a 5 second animation plays out every time.

It is certainly in no way a case 'dumbing down' . ... Its just an animation playing out, no extra gameplay.

I like a slower pace to my games, but for me the game is starting to feel cumbersome. I am still really loving it though overall.

Soldato
I agree, the more I play this game the more I am really enjoying the slow pace, it makes you feel more connected and immersive, I am taking my time exploring, chatting to strangers, seeing what I can find - Spent a couple hours just playing the card games and dominoes!:D

Associate
Really enjoying the game so far. Haven't really played on console since assassins creed 2 on my 360 and even that was playing second fiddle to my PC. Bought the X1X for this and so glad I did. I don't have a high end OLED but it still looks great at 1080p on a 42" Samsung. Finally got the settings pretty much spot on now so really able to soak up some of the vistas. We have a 4k TV (UHD) but the other half uses that for watching TV (that might change this weekend).

I must have about 10-15 hours in it and have done only a few of the missions in chapter two, I'm just trying to get the shooting down. As I keep getting owned by what I presume is the Driscolls gang randomly ambushing me. For one I keep forgetting to use the dead eye system. Plus I have come from PC so not as agile with a PAD as I used to be. Are you supposed to run away from these guys or plug them? I manage to fumble around and kill about 2 but then get dropped easily. It is almost as if they have higher tier weapons that do more damage. It could just be me though being toss at the shooting so far.

Regardless of that the atmosphere and depth to this game, at least to me is amazing and keeps me coming back for more. The visuals are beautiful and at times almost photo realistic in places, if the right light is present. Think that might be down to me finally tweaking my settings more than when I first started to play. Haven't even powered my PC on since getting it. Finally the weekend is here so I can really have a good session on it. So looking forward to it, been a long time since a game has had me hooked like this. I think the pacing is great, really adds to the analogue feel of the west and how manual everything must have been. Some of the animations do seem a little overly slow or buggy but imagine this will be ironed out at a later date.

Soldato
How far in are you? .. The slow pace is really dragging for me after 40odd hours. It slows you down at absolutely every opportunity. I really don't want to have to walk slowly through camp at all times, especially the 3rd camp where your bed etc are a long way from the entrance. It is poor design imo.... Why stop people from running. I'll walk if I want to!

All of the slow animations really start to grate after a while.

About 33% I think. Not sure on hour count, daren't look! :D Walking slowly through camp is really annoying, granted.

Caporegime
Why haven't they fixed the weapon wheel yet?

I keep getting ambushed by groups and my horse darts off, leaving me to fight 10 guys with a crappy revolver...

It's so annoying having to choose your weapons plus ammo type every single time you get off your horse rather than have it remember your choices. I want my pump action shotty with slugs and my bolt action rifle with high velocity ammo to be ready at all times. Stop giving me either nothing or some crappy Lancaster Repeater... :mad::o

Soldato
Why haven't they fixed the weapon wheel yet?

I keep getting ambushed by groups and my horse darts off, leaving me to fight 10 guys with a crappy revolver...

It's so annoying having to choose your weapons plus ammo type every single time you get off your horse rather than have it remember your choices. I want my pump action shotty with slugs and my bolt action rifle with high velocity ammo to be ready at all times. Stop giving me either nothing or some crappy Lancaster Repeater... :mad::o

Go into any gunsmith and you can set your default wepaon load up on foot

Back
Top Bottom