Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
I also looked at the exclusives on the PS4, and to be perfectly honest, there aren't any that I particularly feel that I'm missing out on from the past, aside from Spider-Man which is a new release recently, and then perhaps Ghosts of Tshushima. Many of the PS4 exlusives are indie titles or Japanese titles that I really have no interest in playing. I do intend on getting a PS4 at some point, but at the moment that's on hold and I'll be upgrading my TV instead (I only have a 720p TV for use with my Xbox atm!).

He spent a paragraph moaning about ps4 exclusives in a Read Dead thread...He isn't asking which console to buy, hes asking which version....that's what ive got from it anyway.

Associate
The console war is still going on I see :rolleyes: how many people really sink time into 360 games just because they've been enhanced.

Sit the fanbois down in front of two screens running this and most of them couldn't tell you the difference.

I actually just finished RDR on my One X using a 360 disc - looked very nice in 4k.

Second part I agree with, sort of. Pro and One X differences aren't as great as people make out in terms of graphical fidelity - both held back by poor CPUs. The noise of the Pro is though - the One X is on a different level as it stays pretty much silent on all games whereas my Pro often goes into Hoover mode when under duress.

I'm playing RDR2 on the One X and can't wait.

Soldato
I actually just finished RDR on my One X using a 360 disc - looked very nice in 4k.

Second part I agree with, sort of. Pro and One X differences aren't as great as people make out in terms of graphical fidelity - both held back by poor CPUs. The noise of the Pro is though - the One X is on a different level as it stays pretty much silent on all games whereas my Pro often goes into Hoover mode when under duress.

I'm playing RDR2 on the One X and can't wait.

yeah RDR1 looks great on the X , and yes the fan on the X is silent whereas the PRO can really get wirring at times

Soldato
Believe it or not my post wasn't aimed at you, but I guess it says a lot when you feel the need to defend everything you've said for a second time on the same page... as if we couldn't read it the first time.

There has absolutely been a console war going on every now and then in this thread, there's a post just above yours that has nothing behind it but fanboy nonsense.

The post about which will be better posted by someone that owns both consoles? I don't see how that's fanboyish at all. If they own both, how can they be a fanboy? Fanboyism is blind allegiance on one over the other, and most always results in the absolute refusal to buy the other.

Also, your comment was posted literally a few posts after my post saying about why I favour the Xbox One over the PS4 when I made my purchase. Nothing further up on this page makes any mention of preference of one over the other, so if you weren't referring to my post specifically, as you say you weren't, then what were you referring to? Or, as has been insinuated in here, did you just come in here to start something up? And to clarify, I wasn't defending anything. My post wasn't defensive, I was clarifying why I said what I'd said. It really is that simple. I do think you're just posting up to blow smoke and you should probably move on if you've got no interest in RDR2 or anything positive to add in here. You should also probably learn to know the difference between preference and fanboyism. Many in here favour one controller over the other, but that doesn't make them fanboys, but from your viewpoint it obviously must do.

And finally, I was the one that said earlier on in the thread about the console war, because at the time there genuinely was one going on. Posts that were referring specifically to which console won at release, blah blah blah. I don't really care about any of that. I based my purchase off the merits of what I mentioned in my previous post that you've accused me of defending myself in, and that was what made me swing toward the Xbox One for now. Anyone saying one console will look better than the other for a game that hasn't been released is just posturing. Nobody knows for sure until Friday comes along and people have it in the flesh.

Why is there a console war argument going on in a thread about RDR2?

I'm happy with my copy coming from Amazon. I think that the only version you can preload at the moment is the one direct from the MS store, and that's £60 which is crazy compared to the £50 disc version.

Associate
I'm willing to bet the difference in visual quality will be so tiny that you wouldn't even notice. Rockstar are not going to develop 2 games for 2 machines, the game will be identical on both consoles and the difference will lie in OG PS4/Xbox One to Pro and X.. that's it.

For people joining the thread it's very simple, there are 3 things to base a console purchase on.
1, what are your friends on?
2, are there any exclusives that you need/want to play?
3, price, is it cheaper to own one or the other

Get what works for you, the power argument is only really relevant to exclusive titles. On multi platforms it will be negligible.

Associate
I get the feeling this game will push the pro and X quite hard. Spiderman and God of war make my pro sound like a jumbo jet talking off and for that reason alone I will be getting it on the X, The native 4K is just the icing on the cake.

Caporegime
Just curious, buy what exclusives have Sony managed to get from Rockstar regarding this release? Special items, missions etc?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...tion-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/

We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.

Soldato
Not at all. I loved RDR though and have wanted more in a similar world since I finished playing it. The sense of openness that you get from roaming around on the plains is unparalleled, and it truly surprises me that no other game studio has expanded much on this sort of theme. It's like games about pirates. Assassin's Creed: Black Flag was amazing for the sea pirating, but nothing else is really around that does it anywhere near as well. I know Ubisoft are working on a standalone pirate title, but why no other studio has done similar is beyond me. How many have wanted to play a pirate or a cowboy when they were kids? A sandbox world in both gives us that ability, and that's why I'm looking forward to RDR2 :)

Yup!

Well said mate.

The "fanboi" guy is just looking for a fight.

Quite the opposite Chris. It was tongue-in-cheek hence the smiley... or did you not see that? I chuckled at @CHokKA 's excitement of the impending release of RD2 hence my comment.

Soldato
Unmitigated excrement...

I've not defended anyone, myself included. I spent time posting my reasons for why I purchased the Xbox and you've decided to respond in an antagonistic manner toward those posts for reasons only you know. It makes it seem like you have a gigantic chip on your shoulder about something that simply isn't going on in here. Anyway, perhaps go and take a break or something? You might feel a bit better when you're not mashing keys on your keyboard for the attention that you so clearly seek.

Yup!

Quite the opposite Chris. It was tongue-in-cheek hence the smiley... or did you not see that? I chuckled at @CHokKA 's excitement of the impending release of RD2 hence my comment.

I don't think he was referring to you rhysduck. He wrote "fanbois" which is how Ayahuasca spelled it.

Anyway, back on topic. I've been watching my Amazon order page like a hawk. The bar is moving closer and closer to dispatch, and I'm willing it to move over but I know that's not going to happen today. Ah well, one can but dream!

What's the first thing that people are going to do once the sandbox bit opens up? I reckon I'm going to go out hunting!

Back
Top Bottom