1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Shawreyboy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. omnomnom

Soldato

He spent a paragraph moaning about ps4 exclusives in a Read Dead thread...He isn't asking which console to buy, hes asking which version....that's what ive got from it anyway.

2. bisoner

Gangster

I actually just finished RDR on my One X using a 360 disc - looked very nice in 4k.

Second part I agree with, sort of. Pro and One X differences aren't as great as people make out in terms of graphical fidelity - both held back by poor CPUs. The noise of the Pro is though - the One X is on a different level as it stays pretty much silent on all games whereas my Pro often goes into Hoover mode when under duress.

I'm playing RDR2 on the One X and can't wait.

3. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

Owning both doesn't absolve you from posts you would typically see in a fanboy war that you've made in this thread. That's one of the classic excuses you see in the GPU section.

4. omnomnom

Soldato

Who actually cares? If you have an xbox...play it on that...vice versa. It will look good regardless.

5. kinger8938

Sgarrista

This thread is going down hill :D

2 days folks

6. chris4652009

Mobster

yeah RDR1 looks great on the X , and yes the fan on the X is silent whereas the PRO can really get wirring at times

7. chris4652009

Mobster

Agreed

8. RobotXander

Wise Guy

Just curious, buy what exclusives have Sony managed to get from Rockstar regarding this release? Special items, missions etc?

9. CHokKA

Mobster

The post about which will be better posted by someone that owns both consoles? I don't see how that's fanboyish at all. If they own both, how can they be a fanboy? Fanboyism is blind allegiance on one over the other, and most always results in the absolute refusal to buy the other.

Also, your comment was posted literally a few posts after my post saying about why I favour the Xbox One over the PS4 when I made my purchase. Nothing further up on this page makes any mention of preference of one over the other, so if you weren't referring to my post specifically, as you say you weren't, then what were you referring to? Or, as has been insinuated in here, did you just come in here to start something up? And to clarify, I wasn't defending anything. My post wasn't defensive, I was clarifying why I said what I'd said. It really is that simple. I do think you're just posting up to blow smoke and you should probably move on if you've got no interest in RDR2 or anything positive to add in here. You should also probably learn to know the difference between preference and fanboyism. Many in here favour one controller over the other, but that doesn't make them fanboys, but from your viewpoint it obviously must do.

And finally, I was the one that said earlier on in the thread about the console war, because at the time there genuinely was one going on. Posts that were referring specifically to which console won at release, blah blah blah. I don't really care about any of that. I based my purchase off the merits of what I mentioned in my previous post that you've accused me of defending myself in, and that was what made me swing toward the Xbox One for now. Anyone saying one console will look better than the other for a game that hasn't been released is just posturing. Nobody knows for sure until Friday comes along and people have it in the flesh.

10. Rusko187

Hitman

I'm willing to bet the difference in visual quality will be so tiny that you wouldn't even notice. Rockstar are not going to develop 2 games for 2 machines, the game will be identical on both consoles and the difference will lie in OG PS4/Xbox One to Pro and X.. that's it.

For people joining the thread it's very simple, there are 3 things to base a console purchase on.
    1, what are your friends on?
    2, are there any exclusives that you need/want to play?
    3, price, is it cheaper to own one or the other

Get what works for you, the power argument is only really relevant to exclusive titles. On multi platforms it will be negligible.

11. Rusko187

Hitman

Don't believe they have

12. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

It was pretty obvious what post it was referring to...

I'm interested in the game and enjoy reading the thread, without the same guy (that you've took it on yourself to defend) baiting with ****posts pretty much every day.

13. bloodiedathame

Sgarrista

Both consoles have their pros and cons. Yada yada no one cares grow up, have a beer, smoke a joint, get on with life etc etc etc This is Red Dead PEOPLE!

14. grant666uk

Hitman

I get the feeling this game will push the pro and X quite hard. Spiderman and God of war make my pro sound like a jumbo jet talking off and for that reason alone I will be getting it on the X, The native 4K is just the icing on the cake.

15. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...tion-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/

16. chris4652009

Mobster

they have a few elements of the game a month ahead of Xbox users, off the top of my head I cant recall the details

17. rhysduck

Soldato

Yup!

Quite the opposite Chris. It was tongue-in-cheek hence the smiley... or did you not see that? I chuckled at @CHokKA 's excitement of the impending release of RD2 hence my comment.

18. Noxia

Soldato

Don't forget to all show a picture of the game case when you get it because that apparently is a thing to do.

19. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

Stick it on Facebook as well with a shout out to Dave the delivery driver for "making your day".

20. CHokKA

Mobster

I've not defended anyone, myself included. I spent time posting my reasons for why I purchased the Xbox and you've decided to respond in an antagonistic manner toward those posts for reasons only you know. It makes it seem like you have a gigantic chip on your shoulder about something that simply isn't going on in here. Anyway, perhaps go and take a break or something? You might feel a bit better when you're not mashing keys on your keyboard for the attention that you so clearly seek.

I don't think he was referring to you rhysduck. He wrote "fanbois" which is how Ayahuasca spelled it.

Anyway, back on topic. I've been watching my Amazon order page like a hawk. The bar is moving closer and closer to dispatch, and I'm willing it to move over but I know that's not going to happen today. Ah well, one can but dream!

What's the first thing that people are going to do once the sandbox bit opens up? I reckon I'm going to go out hunting!