Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
0_0.jpg

The countryside looks unbelievable!

Last edited:
Soldato
Performance for me doesn’t seem to have worsened. I reset (grr) the graphics options and ran the benchmark (second CTD!) and eventually after a reboot averaged the same fps as before with a heavily oc’ RTX 2080.

Associate
Just tryed it myself with the latest patch and HDR still works with Vulkan and looks fine to me.

I think I have just been spoilt with HDR in games like Days Gone, God of War and horizon zero dawn which have amazing HDR. I don't think rockstar are very good with HDR. Initial console release was fake HDR, I know this was patched on consoles but it is still not on the same scale as other games.

Does anyone have any ideas for good games with HDR on PC?

Associate
Have to agree to that, frankly I'm surprised Griswold (my horse) is still with me! :o :D

Mine vanished after a train ride! Changed breed, colour and gender.
Was a female, palomino american standardbred - level 4 too, with a load of perfect pelts on the back. Loaded up last night, and became a male, chestnut tennessee walker level 1.

On the plus side, on my way to stables to re-purchase a race horse, acquired 2 draught horses and a cart that now need to be sold ;)

Soldato
Tried using DX12 again last night but still get CTD within 5 minutes, switched back to Vulcan and behaving again. Met my first 'griefers' after 50 hours last night, when you press charges against another player does it start sending the marshals after them or just increase their bounty $?

Lost urge to play after dealing with them, especially when running solo.

Associate
Performance seems worse again for me with the new patch and updated drivers!!
Same here. Huge performance drop.
I'm running medium settings with textures on ultra and before the patch I was getting 60-80fps but now it's 40-60 which is unplayable for me.
I refuse to drop the settings any further...
:mad:

Man of Honour
Tried using DX12 again last night but still get CTD within 5 minutes, switched back to Vulcan and behaving again. Met my first 'griefers' after 50 hours last night, when you press charges against another player does it start sending the marshals after them or just increase their bounty $?

Lost urge to play after dealing with them, especially when running solo.

I think they have to reach a certain threshold maybe. I bumped into a red guy who was indiscriminately killing people and he killed me, I reported him and the next thing I know a whole load of NPC lawmen types were chasing after him. I ran along behind them and saw them kill him, so I hung around for a few seconds, waited for him to respawn and shot him in the head with my rifle for my own justice and then happily toddled off :)

Ree

Ree

Associate
wow so you can't loot corpses after a mission has ended (in middle of nowhere too) without a witness reporting and ending up with a $100 bounty so doing missions is costing money.. cheers real rewarding.

Caporegime
I think I have just been spoilt with HDR in games like Days Gone, God of War and horizon zero dawn which have amazing HDR. I don't think rockstar are very good with HDR. Initial console release was fake HDR, I know this was patched on consoles but it is still not on the same scale as other games.

Does anyone have any ideas for good games with HDR on PC?
Gears 5. Best PC HDR ever.

Back
Top Bottom