Red Dead Redemption 2

Yeah but I think a lot can notice it. For example, I was playing something the other day SP and something felt 'off', mouse felt weird and everything felt and looked different. Visited settings and noticed it had defaulted to a 60fps limit instead of 120.

I think it's one of those things whereby once you've got used to higher FPS it just makes it harder to go back. It's like I noticed the drop from 175 to 120 but got used to 120 again.

I am 99% sure if someone made me A/B test a game set at 60 or 120 I'd spot the difference every time. Depends on the game though of course.

Yeah but I think a lot can notice it. For example, I was playing something the other day SP and something felt 'off', mouse felt weird and everything felt and looked different. Visited settings and noticed it had defaulted to a 60fps limit instead of 120.

I think it's one of those things whereby once you've got used to higher FPS it just makes it harder to go back. It's like I noticed the drop from 175 to 120 but got used to 120 again.

I am 99% sure if someone made me A/B test a game set at 60 or 120 I'd spot the difference every time. Depends on the game though of course.

I can notice instantly when it drops from 120 to 60.

Playing this 4k @ 60fps high settings using DLSS is simply a sight to behold.

Hands down the best looking game I have ever seen and the attention to detail is simply unmatched.

I quite enjoyed the game too.

The only game I can see beating this visually is GTA6 when it comes out.

Last edited:
Well I played this all weekend and had a great time. About to jump on and continue from where I left it last night.
Last story mission I did was rob the train after blocking the tracks with the oil tank. That was class. Smashing the passengers in the face with the stock of my rifle. :cry:
After that, I decided to see what would happen if I headed towards Blackwater while wanted dead or alive. I put my mask on and started to ride in. I got close to the edge of the town when someone shouted something. I think everyone started shooting hahaha I was dead in 2 seconds. I went to bed.

I can't believe I tried this game years ago and didn't get on with it at all. Must have been in a different frame of mind at the time. It looks great, sounds great and has a nice pace. I like all the characters so far. None of them seem out of place. My favourite has to be the drunk priest. Every time I go back to camp he's **** faced on the ground saying nonsense :cry:

Playing this 4k @ 60fps high settings using DLSS is simply a sight to behold.

Hands down the best looking game I have ever seen and the attention to detail is simply unmatched.
The story missions have just led me to Saint Denis ... This place looks amazing. I've arrived early in the morning so the smoke makes it very atmospheric. It must look amazing in 4K.

The story missions have just led me to Saint Denis ... This place looks amazing. I've arrived early in the morning so the smoke makes it very atmospheric. It must look amazing in 4K.
TBH when I had the game running on my GTX 1080 @ 1080p, it still looked fantastic at the time but now trying on my 3060Ti @4k using DLSS takes it to another level. The sheer amount of detail far into the background is unmatched.

Saint Denis does look beautiful and is one of the hardest areas to run and I agree it is very atmospheric :)

TBH when I had the game running on my GTX 1080 @ 1080p, it still looked fantastic at the time but now trying on my 3060Ti @4k using DLSS takes it to another level. The sheer amount of detail far into the background is unmatched.

Saint Denis does look beautiful and is one of the hardest areas to run and I agree it is very atmospheric :)
Similar here (1070@1080p > 3060ti @ 4K+DLSS), but I still found it rather gloomy and hard to make anything out at night in some locations.....

Recently upgraded to 7900xt which has no problem with 4K native pretty much maxed out and it's absolutely stunning....So much so that I'm considering restarting it at some point soon (I think I'm getting near the end, plus think I may have missed a lot of side missions along the way!)

I haven't played this yet, I'm waiting a couple of months until I get a new PC, I doubt my GTX980 will do it justice right now. Any chance of anyone posting one or two screenshots of this Saint Denis in the Hi Res Screenshot Thread? :) Thank you :)

Ive had this for ages, only played around 5 hrs of it when i first bought it though and then uninstalled it, maybe i will get around to playing it again one day lol

I thought the game was great overall but for anyone who appreciates good graphics, this is a must have in their collection.

I could just play the game for hours just marveling at how beautiful the world is and how everything interacts so we'll with each other.

Similar here (1070@1080p > 3060ti @ 4K+DLSS), but I still found it rather gloomy and hard to make anything out at night in some locations.....

Recently upgraded to 7900xt which has no problem with 4K native pretty much maxed out and it's absolutely stunning....So much so that I'm considering restarting it at some point soon (I think I'm getting near the end, plus think I may have missed a lot of side missions along the way!)
The game's built in TAA is a bit on the blurry side and I personally found DLSS to resolve more finer detail and image stability and that's why I settled on DLSS Vs native 4k.

I found DLSS 2.5.1 to be the best for image quality.

Last edited:
I thought the game was great overall but for anyone who appreciates good graphics, this is a must have in their collection.

I could just play the game for hours just marveling at how beautiful the world is and how everything interacts so we'll with each other.

One thing which gets me is the vegetation/tree wind animation, it looks like the bushes and trees are possessed rather than a natural wind motion LOL.

Sadly gameplay mechanics wise this is really not the game for me though.

Last edited:
Hmm, can't say that I have noticed this personally but the overall feeling I got was that this game has one of the most believable game worlds I have seen - the day and night cycle, the physics, the animations, wildlife, snow/mud deformation, draw distance, it all gels together seemlessly.

Ive had this for ages, only played around 5 hrs of it when i first bought it though and then uninstalled it, maybe i will get around to playing it again one day lol
I did the same thing a few years ago. Played for only handful of hours and didn't like it. So I thought I would try it again as a kind of distraction from all the Starfield hype. This game gets amazing praise from players and reviewers alike, so it must be good. Glad I tried again. 2 weeks on now and 45 hours into it. Loving the characters, gameplay, story and general feel of the world which Rockstar have made.

I was late in getting in from work yesterday but I still wanted to play a little bit. All I did was ride out and find a homestead with a couple at home. It was night time, so they were inside. I crouched, moved quickly up to the front door, opened it and threw in a stick of dynamite. BOOM. Both dead. Looted them and took his cigs left on the table. Their dog ran in after me so I stabbed it to death with my new machete. Saved game and exit with a smile.

Brilliant game.

Back
Top Bottom