Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Just putting this out here, Cyberpunk will be a huge disappointment as it's being but on the highest pedestal ever. Witcher 3 was absolute garbage, no idea why everyone faps over CDPR. Huge downgrade, boring pointless sidequests, a horrible combat system.....I could go on.

Point is, we all have different opinions, if you dont like something then just move on.

Oh let's not be silly. I can understand if you didn't feel the graphics held up to what was initially promised, and maybe the game wasn't quite your thing, but calling it garbage is just nonsense.

And the comment on side quests makes we wonder if you've even played it. That comment Would apply to most RPGs except Witcher 3, where a lot of the side quests are better than the main quests you get in a lot of games.

Soldato
Oh let's not be silly. I can understand if you didn't feel the graphics held up to what was initially promised, and maybe the game wasn't quite your thing, but calling it garbage is just nonsense.

And the comment on side quests makes we wonder if you've even played it. That comment Would apply to most RPGs except Witcher 3, where a lot of the side quests are better than the main quests you get in a lot of games.

Just my opinion, it didnt suit my eye or what I enjoy, and yes I thought it was absolute garbage the both times I installed it. Just like this guy cant stand RDR2 where its widely acclaimed 10/10 material. And by the way, I'm not on the ZOMG RDR2 best game ever band wagon. Played it to death on PS4, it's just a good game with an incredible world and stunning visuals, but it's not without its flaws

Associate
Personally hated witcher 3 also. Couldn't stand it. Didnt think I'd like this when I first got it for ps4 but it just gets better and better as you play. You only played for 3 hours and hated the story? What story? 3 hours of story in this game is nothing along with all the extra stuff to do in the game it's just overall awesome. Also cant believe you don't think the graphics are stunning. Even on ps4 riding through certain areas I had trouble bot believing it wasnt a real image I was looking at. Especially with volumetric fog and lighting in areas its easily the best looking game I've seen. I have a feeling your more of a "I've never watched a game of thrones episode bandwagon" person which is why your probably pretending to hate the game so much especially after 3 whole hours of such a huge game....

Associate
Personally hated witcher 3 also. Couldn't stand it. Didnt think I'd like this when I first got it for ps4 but it just gets better and better as you play. You only played for 3 hours and hated the story? What story? 3 hours of story in this game is nothing along with all the extra stuff to do in the game it's just overall awesome. Also cant believe you don't think the graphics are stunning. Even on ps4 riding through certain areas I had trouble bot believing it wasnt a real image I was looking at. Especially with volumetric fog and lighting in areas its easily the best looking game I've seen. I have a feeling your more of a "I've never watched a game of thrones episode bandwagon" person which is why your probably pretending to hate the game so much especially after 3 whole hours of such a huge game....

Believe me I don't "pretend" to hate games, I either like them or I don't and this is one I really don't like. As for the game of thrones comment, never seen it and I do not watch tv as I find it pointless and boring tbh.

Associate
Well again, be interesting to see how you get on. They certainly have a better refund policy than most if they do it.

I already got my refund Mark, as I stated above ;). I am sure they have had to give a lot of refunds out to people who are not happy with the mess the game was released in so they can't really argue.

Soldato
I uninstalled TW3 after about 30 mins of playing it first time round, thinking it was also very average and not for me. I reinstalled it a few months later and once I'd played a few hours I was hooked.

Associate
Still baffles me how you couldn't stand the story lol some of the side quests in the game are awesome too that continue thought your entire play through as 1 side quest. It is a slow game at the start and I was the same as you when I first played it, the snow section bored me the death and then the first main camp was dull it's only when you move to the next camp and the camp after that the story really kicks off. Also as for witcher 3 it had one of the worst combat systems I've ever used in a game the story was also bland after playing for 15 hours I just couldn't face it anymore

Soldato
Just my opinion, it didnt suit my eye or what I enjoy, and yes I thought it was absolute garbage the both times I installed it. Just like this guy cant stand RDR2 where its widely acclaimed 10/10 material. And by the way, I'm not on the ZOMG RDR2 best game ever band wagon. Played it to death on PS4, it's just a good game with an incredible world and stunning visuals, but it's not without its flaws

Fair enough, though I still think labelling something you just didn't like personally as absolute garbage is a bit over the top...

Soldato
I already got my refund Mark, as I stated above ;). I am sure they have had to give a lot of refunds out to people who are not happy with the mess the game was released in so they can't really argue.

Ah I missed that. Well, at least they are good with refunds if nothing else! :D

Soldato
Yes I was running on that, maxed out is maxed out mate ;) Ran great, that is the only thing the game did well. I posted earlier saying I had no performance issues with this game, the issues where not mine they where people I know and the broken launcher (Which going from Twitter and Reddit is very very much broken for a lot of people).

No it didn't.
I have a titan and that couldn't run everything maxed out great.

But now you have got rid of the game.
We won't have posts of your moaning anymore :p

I am loving this game. So much to do and see.

Associate
ZOMG, people have different opinions shocker!

I'm totally torn on whether to even try this game. The slow pace of it can either be an absolute RP wet dream or a gamers nightmare.
It does look delicious though. Maybe I'll wait for bugs to be fixed and the price to drop.

Associate
£54.99 for the standard or £79.99 for the special edition

Jesus, better get saving :eek:.

Don't think iv ever spent that much on a PC game before.

Soldato
Have to say this is a great looking game, only odd issue im seeing is holding shift causes tearing.

I am having the same issue when i hold shift and pan the camera but i dont get tearing as i have a gsync monitor..but it does judder some what.
i think its to do with the camera as its trying to stay steady with the other horses and attempting to fix a view but when you pan the camera it breaks that view.

Caporegime
I am having the same issue when i hold shift and pan the camera but i dont get tearing as i have a gsync monitor..but it does judder some what.
i think its to do with the camera as its trying to stay steady with the other horses and attempting to fix a view but when you pan the camera it breaks that view.

Might be juddering for me as well, i'm also on a G Sync monitor.

Back
Top Bottom