Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Caporegime
just dont want to give them money for a pos.

not one decent video for a year and game out in weeks.

ill wait till i can play it or see it properly . no more throwing cash away for me .

Associate

ill wait till i can play it or see it properly . no more throwing cash away for me .

pos?

You really think they will come out with crap?

You were raving about it earlier...

Associate

Surely it cant be worst than Activision's offering.

Any who I ordered the digital deluxe version :)

Caporegime
how do you know with no footage no open beta nothing much of media and not a decent video of it since last summer.

all guess work and tbh sick of getting burned by poor games.

ill wait see if good then buy if it is.

Associate
OP
how do you know with no footage no open beta nothing much of media and not a decent video of it since last summer.

I know what you mean, I'm sure it'll be good just hope that it'll live up to RO1.

And yeah plenty of time to buy it, the last stage of the beta (including the deluxe pre orders) won't have an NDA so, aside from the promise from TWI for loads of juicy footage in the next few weeks, the beta will produce loads of fraps footage, with plenty of time still to pre order before the 13th of Sept.

Associate

There is loads of footage all over the web.

Here is some. Not sure out kind of footage your after?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzFSBVuD-Co&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOh78UXL0fE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa_zFmKfkAc&feature=related

Permabanned
This sort of interests me, but could fall to the wayside with BF3 coming out.

Problem is though in the videos above, the graphics look dire (including animations), plus it looks like its gone for realism over fun :(

Not sure whether to cough up for it now.

Soldato
This sort of interests me, but could fall to the wayside with BF3 coming out.

Problem is though in the videos above, the graphics look dire (including animations), plus it looks like its gone for realism over fun :(

Not sure whether to cough up for it now.

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. RO1 struck a great balance between being both gritty and realistic, but it was still fun. very hard, yes, but still fun. This looks more of the same but with a better engine, more features, better dynamics and looks like it will be easier to pick up and play for new players.

Associate
the first game was clunky and slow, this looks exactly the same, they also really need to employ a better GUI developer.

You say that like it was a bad thing, I believe that is what the devs were going for in RO1 and that is what they are going for in RO2, this type of gameplay has its audience. It punishes you for running around like a headless chicken and for not moving from cover to cover, you have to plan your next movement when assaulting an area otherwise you die.

With a bit of practice you can get a nice feel for the movement and it all comes together in a bloody glorious cut-throat slaughterfest.

Associate
You say that like it was a bad thing, I believe that is what the devs were going for in RO1 and that is what they are going for in RO2, this type of gameplay has its audience. It punishes you for running around like a headless chicken and for not moving from cover to cover, you have to plan your next movement when assaulting an area otherwise you die.

With a bit of practice you can get a nice feel for the movement and it all comes together in a bloody glorious cut-throat slaughterfest.

The game wasn't bad, it just felt really sterile and deliberate all the time. Got my legs blown off too many times because my soldier couldn't get a sprint on quick enough!

Associate
The first Red Orchestra is definitely an acquired taste. When I first picked it up I found it sluggish, frustrating and even boring compared to other FPS games I was playing at the time.

After going back to it when I hadn't been on the pc for a few days/weeks or whatever though I fell in love with it. I didn't notice that it was slow and cumbersome compared to faster paced games. I've never been so immersed in any other game i've ever played, granted I'm only a casual gamer.

Whats funny too though is if I'm playing it for a few weeks and then switch to cod4, bfbc2 etc, those games feel like as if im running round like a headless chicken on meth. Those popular games then feel ridiculous and the completle opposite to how I like a game to 'feel'.

Anyway, all I was getting at really is that I agree that the first one took some getting used too, but once you do, its a very rewarding experience. Best there is I think! I cannot wait for this to be released now, just ordered it on GreenManGaming for £16.92, which I think is hell of a price for what I no doubt think will be a fantastic game.

borgia.

Caporegime
I don't think it would do any harm to the game if they sped it up a bit, i know theyre going for "realism" but it feels unrealistically slow, its like your characters got an anchor tied to his ass.

Back
Top Bottom