Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Associate
The list of updates and changes they have done is impressive.
I've already pre-ordered Iron Front but I'll definitly be giving RO2 a play over the weekend.

Really hope this update works for them and that it does bring people back to the game. I've played RO2 since the beta and I originally only got it as a stop gap filler till BF3 came out but I'm still playing it now :) Love the setting, the lack of kill streaks and over the top weapon upgrades of some of the competition.
Really enjoy the game but I do admit that it ran like ***** when it was released, Tripwire should have waited till now to release the game, but at least they have admitted there mistake, hopefully it's not too late for a second chance.

Soldato
What game modes will there be in Ironfront? Is it basically a Battlefiled type conquest/rush style game or a RO2 occupy a zone style, or something else.

Associate
I'm still laughing tbh.....

RO2 is a brilliant game. But I am glad to see they have listened to the community and look forward to giving this a go.

Also, Ironfront looks pretty sweet, altho I am not a fan of the ARMA2 engine :/ While I do like the modability of it, I found ARMA2 multiplayer to be a little difficult/confusing to get into, and I hope Ironfront won't be like that.

Associate
Theres some early Iron Front reviews out, not originally English though:

http://translate.google.com/transla...n/20120523/iron-front-liberation-1944&act=url

German one: http://www.pcgames.de/Iron-Front-Li...hlachtfeld-wird-zum-Spielspass-Grab-885210/2/

Dunno if thats just single player though or if they tried some pre-release multiplayer. I think bugs comes up a bit

Just so people don't put all their eggs in one basket :D . I won't take too much notice of reviews though, only what actual players say

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking at the Steam Player Statistics, I think Red Orchestra 2 is dead.
That John Gibson / GOTY Content Update video is completely hollow, especially reading the nonsense that many of the staff spouted on the TWI forums.

Iron Front looks good though! Looking forward to that, and Arma 3.

Permabanned
Theres some early Iron Front reviews out, not originally English though:

http://translate.google.com/transla...n/20120523/iron-front-liberation-1944&act=url

German one: http://www.pcgames.de/Iron-Front-Li...hlachtfeld-wird-zum-Spielspass-Grab-885210/2/

Dunno if thats just single player though or if they tried some pre-release multiplayer. I think bugs comes up a bit

Just so people don't put all their eggs in one basket :D . I won't take too much notice of reviews though, only what actual players say
52% and is the other one 1/5?

Damn, I was really hoping this game would be something special.

Associate
I would take the IF reviews with some salt but its worth considering IF might not be the perfect game people may be expecting :D

Its easy to give an unknown developer a bad review, especially when you can't even play the game as its intended with populated multiplayer servers. And these games are always about the individual reviewer's taste. I will just wait for metacritic user reviews and see what people say on forums. Crash type bugs could be fatal though for the game

Just not worth writing RO2 off just yet imo :D . They are different types of games and IF has an unproven quality just yet

Soldato
IF has an unproven quality just yet

Not 100% correct.

A games engine dictates a LOT about what a game is and what it can become.

The Virtual Realisty 3 engine is the pinnacle of milsims IMO, IF is half way to being awesome on the engine choice alone. Why bother licensing such an engine if your heart was not in it?

It would be more difficult to screw up.

Also, X1 and BIS have worked closely with this, at this stage, it would be more difficult for them to fail.

Soldato
Change log for those unable to access the links.

ro223may.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm thats a hell of a list. Ill definitely give this a go. I think IF might be a different experience, RO is concentrated action, IF has a 16km square map. The might be just enough room for both, good to see some substantive changes to RO, but they should have added more cover in FF.

Back
Top Bottom