Reddit is dying

None of this is making sense.
So dpd or ocuk stole a broken graphics card?
If the box is going BACK to ocuk surly any delivery person will know it's most likely to be an RMA?

Or.

Someone at ocuk decided to bring in their own oem card and.....swap it for what they would know is a borked graphics card?
And they would risk their job....for that?

Op better come with better receipts.

So here's the thing nobody is talking about (from my brief scan of this thread)...

Reddit is absolutely ESSENTIAL to the internet in 2024, because it's one the last bastions in which you can find unbiased results to your search engine questions.

If it wasn't for reddit, then the majority of your search engine questions would be answered by biased journo's and AI.

Make your choice people. Do you want real answers from real people, or politically fueled propaganda (much of which isn't even written by real people)? It's your call.

If you throw the former out of the window, then this very forum (which is already a dying format) will likely go the same way.

Last edited:
So here's the thing nobody is talking about (from my brief scan of this thread)...

Reddit is absolutely ESSENTIAL to the internet in 2024, because it's one the last bastions in which you can find unbiased results to your search engine questions.

If it wasn't for reddit, then the majority of your search engine questions would be answered by biased journo's and AI.

Make your choice people. Do you want real answers from real people, or politically fueled propaganda (much of which isn't even written by real people)? It's your call.

If you throw the former out of the window, then this very forum (which is already a dying format) will likely go the same way.

LOL.

Reddit is bias and full of bots. No idea why you think it isn't.

Maybe for niche stuff it is unbiased but for everything else there's mastercard :D

• Haha
Reactions: RxR
Looks like the guy is moving to the stage of contacting the police tomorrow. Seems to be going pretty far for a scam artist, starting to think maybe the guy is being genuine but the whole other card is a mystery.

According to him OcUK pre-bought the label to return, so not sure why they wouldn't record the weight as the original package they sent out.

None of this is making sense.
So dpd or ocuk stole a broken graphics card?
If the box is going BACK to ocuk surly any delivery person will know it's most likely to be an RMA?

Or.

Someone at ocuk decided to bring in their own oem card and.....swap it for what they would know is a borked graphics card?
And they would risk their job....for that?

Op better come with better receipts.

There are a lot of possibilities but most of them quite unlikely - it isn't impossible for example that this customer's return somehow got mixed up with another customer's scam attempt combined with a member of staff either being lazy or having an off day or something - but it is stretching credibility.

I've been dealing a bit with this kind of stuff recently at work and some who attempt it will leave comments like this online, even threaten to or actually involve the police and it can get messy unless you've robust proof of what happened (or didn't happen). For some reason above my pay grade we are handling some collections for Yodel at work at the moment and had to tighten up a lot of procedures due to the amount of scamming going on to make sure that end to end through us is as accounted for as it can be.

Am I missing something?
I don't see any evidence that the OP sent or had an 4070Ti in the first place, nor anything from OCUK that they have received anything from the OP.

Looks 100% scammy.

You also can't trust 75% of the advice on Reddit, as most people literally haven't a clue what they are talking about. I've had to intervene to help with overclocking and some PC builds via private messaging, as some people were giving terrible advice.

Reddit has its uses but most of it is just the ackshuallies googling stuff to try and look smart because chicks love smart reddit dudes.

Even our own ackshually doesn't visit it (hopefully).

None of the weights add up. Ocuk said he sent 500g package but he just weighed the return and it’s 1kg. All though he does have his fingers holding up the box to weigh, so could be adding pressure to the scale.

Am I missing something?
I don't see any evidence that the OP sent or had an 4070Ti in the first place, nor anything from OCUK that they have received anything from the OP.

Looks 100% scammy.

They posted here, though I think the thread has been moved/deleted with some details as well as Reddit. They seem to have had a 4070ti and claim to have returned it to OcUK for a RMA.

Granted opportunity is another matter but it doesn't make much sense someone at OcUK would go to the bother of swiping a 4070ti instead of something like a 4090 or going to the bother and risk of bringing in a 3050 to switch when if they had that kind of opportunity they could just shove something in like their "lunch", etc.

but he just weighed the return and it’s 1kg. All though he does have his fingers holding up the box to weigh, so could be adding pressure to the scale.
I've been trying to keep out of it because I could be seen as biased but I just saw that video and the first thing I noticed is that the box isn't sealed so it's hardly evidence of anything.

None of the weights add up. Ocuk said he sent 500g package but he just weighed the return and it’s 1kg. All though he does have his fingers holding up the box to weigh, so could be adding pressure to the scale.
I don't think we can go off the weights here. If I'm following correctly, he sent back the parcel which was 500g, which is less than the parcel would weigh if it contained the graphics card. The next part I'm unsure on if OcUK received this and upon seeing the card was not as expected, then returned card to buyer. Putting another label on to return and that label being 100g. A lot here doesn't make sense.

@Feek I watched his video yesterday and I admit, that was the first thought I had as it was already opened and doesn't prove what it actually contained, especially since the weigh is well off what's shown on the label.

Upon reading his posts this morning and DPD confirming they didn't even weigh the boxes, seems like either he is trying it on or a DPD employer maybe took advantage.

Last edited:
I don't think we can go off the weights here. If I'm following correctly, he sent back the parcel which was 500g, which is less than the parcel would weigh if it contained the graphics card. The next part I'm unsure on if OcUK received this and upon seeing the card was not as expected, then returned card to buyer. Putting another label on to return and that label being 100g. A lot here doesn't make sense.

@Feek I watched his video yesterday and I admit, that was the first thought I had as it was already opened and doesn't prove what it actually contained, especially since the weigh is well off what's shown on the label.

Upon reading his posts this morning and DPD confirming they didn't even weigh the boxes, seems like either he is trying it on or a DPD employer maybe took advantage.

The weights are probably inaccurate anyhow - I'll see if I still have the outer box but when I bought a 4080 Super the manufacturer, supplier and DPD labels all had different weights and all different by a fair bit.

EDIT: Actually not too bad - DPD's weight is 100 grams more than the manufacturers (which should be correct given what people have weighed the card itself at in reviews), the suppliers is quite a bit out by more than 500 grams though.

Last edited:
he claims ocuk returned him the 3050. Was this flagged on ocuk side? Should be a note on his customer record / rma ticket. Also a bit **** of ocuk to call him a scammer due to the weight not matching up. Yet they entered 100g when returning this 3050. My gut says dpd courier saw an opportunity.

I also checked through OP Reddit history. No indication of him owning a 3050OEM. He did have an rtx 2080 3 years ago. Although a random post about running returnal at 2k res a year ago. Doesn’t mention his pc specs then.

Last edited:

35343697.gif

Just skimmed the thread and it’s amazing that every daylight dodging basement dweller immediately grabs their pitchforks and starts slagging off OCUK without any proof whatsoever that they are at fault.
Half of them haven’t even heard of OCUK before this thread just bandwagon jumping.

I saw the same thing when the LTT drama happened.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom