Reddit is dying

Has anyone ordered anything from OCUK recently? Say in the last month?

I've been going through that Reddit thread by 'adowad' and he's posted what he claims is the invoice from OCUK, which looks like this.

*fake invoice*

I've not ordered anything from OCUK since late 2022, but the last invoice I received looks like this (important details redacted)

*real invoice*

Have OCUK since changed their invoices?

The Reddit posted one looks more like a standard template from MS Office/Google Docs tbh

The Reddit posted one looks more like a standard template from MS Office/Google Docs tbh

I've found one recent one from OcUK of mine which looks fairly similar, also another one which is a variation of the same - for some reason they've got several different styles.

oyW8P1G.png

Redacted a bunch of stuff just because you never know what silly stuff someone might pull on the internet :(

Last edited:
You’re talking to a guy who got hyped/excited for the first night of Israel bombing Gaza like it was an entertainment show…

He’s also randomly posted an angry smiley in the Happy Ramadan thread.

He’s just a wrongun
This forum has traditionally been conservative leaning

Why would you be against Ramadan?

You two greatly proved his point :cry::cry::cry:

I've found one recent one from OcUK of mine which looks fairly similar, also another one which is a variation of the same - for some reason they've got several different styles.

oyW8P1G.png

Redacted a bunch of stuff just because you never know what silly stuff someone might pull on the internet :(
Haribo?

Haha, I'm guessing this must be a salty permabanned poster:

It might be worth getting on the OCUK forums and kicking off there. There are a lot of nobheads on there, but OCUK staff are regular posters there and you might get some help.

It's poor advice anyway because any shop related threads get closed.

You two greatly proved his point :cry::cry::cry:

Not really
This isn't a left leaning forum (Or hasn't been in the past). But I guess no one can take a look at the country and think we've had a good 14 years

Neither of which has anything to do with the question. I can't imagine why someone would have something negative to say of Ramadan. As a half white, half Indian myself I'm obviously not doing Ramadan but I can't see why or how someone else doing it would affect me?

Not really
This isn't a left leaning forum (Or hasn't been in the past). But I guess no one can take a look at the country and think we've had a good 14 years

Neither of which has anything to do with the question. I can't imagine why someone would have something negative to say of Ramadan. As a half white, half Indian myself I'm obviously not doing Ramadan but I can't see why or how someone else doing it would affect me?
As far as I consider UK is free speech country, so obviously people will have different opinions. All I said that you two are proving his point by kicking off when ramadan is even mentioned :cry: :cry:

And as of left or right leaning, to me it's normal and wierdos approach more than left and right :cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Love reading threads like this and thinking “damn, the person writing those comments is probably somebody’s Dad”, wild :D

“Kicking off”, have a word with yeself :p

As far as I consider UK is free speech country, so obviously people will have different opinions. All I said that you two are proving his point by kicking off when ramadan is even mentioned :cry: :cry:

And as of left or right leaning, to me it's normal and wierdos approach more than left and right :cool::cool::cool:

Opinions need to be grounded in logic
I can't say in my opinion the sky is purple

I've not kicked off, I've raised a question based on what I perceived to be a strange statement.

I have this "delivery note" from July which looks identical. The Reddit user probably just cropped the top half off. Even the weight of the package being "0.000KG" is consistent.

WjEcogL.png

A more recent order from November looks like this though.

WB0758a.png

Haha, I'm guessing this must be a salty permabanned poster:

It might be worth getting on the OCUK forums and kicking off there. There are a lot of nobheads on there, but OCUK staff are regular posters there and you might get some help.

It's poor advice anyway because any shop related threads get closed.
He can't spell either apparently

Hello, I'm struggling with how to post the screenshot here because I'm an idiot. But I posted the full picture to the thread on reddit. When I get on the pc later I'll post the link or figure this out.

It looks the same as tricky curves first one

4pZPiOv.jpeg

Christ I've not bought anything from OcUK since 2019 :eek:

Last stuff I ordered was a bunch of bits in July '21 when I came back from Saudi (Laptop, Monitor, SSD) but for my PC upgrade in the same month I had to use a competitor as it was during the Nvidia GPU "silly pricing" era for RTX3080's and the competitor had a deal on both GPU's and "upgrade combos" (mobo, ram, CPU) which was something like 20% cheaper overall at the time.

Now I just want/need to replace the "cheap" 4k60Hz Samsung monitor I bought 3 years ago with an OLED or similar for 4k120Hz and whatever the next gen of GPU is (5080 or AMD equivalent etc) to match.

OK to build on my post from a couple of months ago about my experience as a relative newcomer to Reddit, this is bizarre.

I've been posting on online forums since the 90s, and probably wasted too much time on some of them (...), but I've never got particularly wound up. Yet Reddit for whatever reason has me seething like a stereotypical keyboard warrior meme, due to the sort of responses you get on there. You write something and then people try and twist it to imply you hold a particular opinion rather than judging it purely on face value as written. A throwaway comment can be pounced upon and logic doesn't seem to apply there. The echo chamber ramps up and the wolf pack circles looking to pile in when they have safety in numbers. Some people seem more interested in attacking the character/person than actually debating the topic at hand. The odd white knight recognises the stupidity of it all and steps in to back up the 'victim' and is drowned out. It feels like the sort of place you have to 'have your guard up' at all times, if you show weakness by acknowledging counter-points it gets pounced on. Probably the closest I felt to that that here was a few years ago when I delved in Speakers Corner for a bit.

Thankfully I take the voting with a pinch of salt as I've had hundreds of upvotes for throwaway comments and then loads of downvotes for detailed reasoned arguments, plus i've even seen two posters write essentially the same post in the same thread with one getting upvoted and the other downvoted. No logic to it. I'd turn off the the display of votes if I could. Would actually make a interesting use case for AI though, make bot accounts that experiment and are then tuned to try and garner the most upvotes, get a synopsis of the model and see what the biggest influencing factors are.

I'm feeling like it may be best to step away from it, which is a real shame because it has high traffic and a lot of interesting topics, sufficient weight of numbers around niche topics you are interested in, etc. Not great for 'mental health' though, which as I say is a bit bizarre, I've managed to survive on forums for over 25 years without this sort of feeling, and Reddit is a mainstream place not some shady corner like 4chan or the old Something Awful or whatever.

Last edited:
Any forum where you can make someone invisible through a gamified system of upvotes will inevitably have a mob develop around a specific set of acceptable opinions.

That said it's not impossible the mob changes opinion itself over time especially on broader subject subreddits.

Back
Top Bottom