Reddit is dying

how do you turn back to old classic view ?
Click on your avatar, then tick opt out of redesign, as seen below. There was also another version that got switched for me around 4 months ago, which I totally preferred, you can access it still here >> https://new.reddit.com/

qa4naTM.png

Last edited:
The new design is horrible. I don't normally hate change and updated UI, but the new Reddit layout is absolute garbage. Not looking forward to them getting rid of the old style completely now.

agree with this.. i find reddit unusable as the topic listings are filled with screenshot with a couple line of text of the body within the thread.... total mess and never got on with it.

Hate reddit!

You can make a post which is completely unrelated to a specific "question" and you get an Auto mod replying with an answer to a question you never made :cry: . Other one is a post denied by an auto bot mod because you posted something it doesn't tell you what was wrong.

Last edited:
lol....OCUK Is taking a hammering over there for a bad RMA right now.
People are not happy with them.

Not a good look.

I've been watching that thread today, if true surely doesn't look good and someone's been very naughty. OcUK decided it was time to dust off the old account and did make a reply here:

We are aware of the accusations made by Reddit user u/adowad against Overclockers UK in this thread.

We are currently in the process of compiling our investigation in response to these claims and will be responding publicly later today.

Interested to see their response from this.

Anyway, I visit Reddit daily and I think Reddit is too big to die out at this stage anytime soon.

Last edited:
I've been watching that thread today, if true surely doesn't look good and someone's been very naughty. OcUK decided it was time to dust off the old account and did make a reply here:

Interested to see their response from this.

Anyway, I visit Reddit daily and I think Reddit is too big to die out at this stage anytime soon.
this blew up! they gave a formal response to the OP on fb and I assume other social media platforms

Yeah, something doesn't add up. The claimed weights of the packages from both what the person sent and what was received back also don't add up.
Did they send back the card as they claimed? if so, what did OcUK send them back if they say they don't even stock the card the person received?
Is the person trying to pull a fast one and actually did return the 3050 card and then OcUK sent it straight back to them?
Is their a thief lurking in the delivery company that was used or even on the packing floor of OcUK?

Honestly, if I was OcUK, I would be implementing more security measures to make sure my back was covered from anything like this in the future.

Something seems more than fishy with that story…

One the weights are all over the place
Two that 3050 is oem for hp, last time I checked overclockers arent a stockist for them
Three what incentive is there for overclockers to steal a 4070?? High value company steal in relativity a low value item…

Four it doesn’t tie up with any of the experiences that I have had with overclockers

Either a scam artist trying to get the twitter bandwagon on his side or a courier scam, which would make more sense

Either a scam artist trying to get the twitter bandwagon on his side or a courier scam, which would make more sense

Just a general comment not re: that specific case as I suspect discussing that won't be allowed but while I guess courier scams can occur, if you've actually had computer hardware replaced with other computer hardware when returning to a hardware retailer then it's much more likely to be employee error or theft... But likewise from the perspective of a hardware company, when these things occur it's much more likely to be a customer trying to scam them!

I guess from a customer's POV you could use something like: https://proofify.app/

I saw the black belt Barrister mention it in a video about Amazon packages, just a video opening up deliveries or indeed packing returns. Likewise, a retailer should probably have a system in place to have CCTV watching returns being opened up and time logged at the point they're scanned/entered into the system etc.

In the latter case, if it is an employee error, then it's quite possible the serial number on the thing that was sent might well match another RMA'd item.

Seems like they've nailed him with that update - not an item they stock + his package sent in weighed less than they GPU he's claiming he sent.

Notably, when confronted with this on Reddit he's not able to address it, just deflects to some comment about the weight of the package he received and that they're not sending him CCTV - but if you know someone is a scammer and you've already got enough to prove it simply by showing the third party reporting of package weights then I guess you don't necessarily want to send CCTV, like no need to reveal to a scammer the precautions you have in place if you've already proven enough to get them to go away.

Would definitely be funny though to just update with the video and some guy in the returns dept opening the box and being like "WTF is this GPU?"... maybe edit it with the customer/possible scammer's complaint + Curb Your Enthusiasm ending credits/music. :D

Last edited:
It's sad that they probably aren't going to be able to call the guy out publicly due GDPR and professionalism, but would be funny and deserved. I imagine the amount of tryhard scammers they get is a lot, which only adds to the cost the genuine consumer pays.

This is another example of reddit not being a good replacement for forums. Reddit is alright for general help and topics though. It's rare i use my account on there. No doubt it'll fizzle out just like the age old forum.

Back
Top Bottom