** Resident Evil Village Thread **

Man of Honour
Why isn’t the IPS any good? It just isn’t good for dark games. The corners of the screen in dark screens constantly look like they have a hazy yellow light glow on them (i.e. IPS glow). This is a known problem with IPS monitors.

It’s not backlight bleed as the glow moves when you move your head. It’s mostly invisible when viewed form straight on. But in any case the blacks are never a deep black.

This video shows the issue:

Great for desktop use or bright games... not so good for anything with dark colours.

I have tried two horror games with it and find it very annoying and distracting.

edit - in comparison, VA panels are much better with dark colours and have no IPS glow. BUT they can suffer with some ghosting due to the slow panel response times, so whilst a FALD VA display is probably as optimum as you can get for now, there currently isn’t a perfect solution for gaming from a conventional sized desk unfortunately. You can of course game on an OLED TV but that’s really not very practical for most desk sizes and typical office use.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm playing through RE7 for the first time at the moment, just got to the ship. It really is a brilliant game, really well done. Only problem is now when I walk around my house at night and I hear a creak or something I think of the game :(

I wont buy Village on release, too many games to play, I'll wait for it to hit GamePass

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm playing through RE7 for the first time at the moment, just got to the ship. It really is a brilliant game, really well done. Only problem is now when I walk around my house at night and I hear a creak or something I think something I think of the game :(

I wont buy Village on release, too many games to play

Yeah, I've plenty of games to play just now so happy to wait for a price drop. In fact I still haven't finished Resident Evil 7 yet either now you mention it! Must get back onto that :)

I believe it's mostly single player anyway so I'd expect if you wait a month or two there'll be loads of second hand copies avaialble for £20-30.

Actually just notieced it does have mutliplayer included but the mode looks a bit unusual and more like the RE2/3 remakes?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My two major criticisms of RE7 in hindsight are as follows:

Plot wise, how some aspects of it got hived-off into DLC. This confused me when I played through it as the fate of a character was left open - the ‘son’, whatever his name was.

Also, the common complaints of low enemy variety (the more monsters the better IMO) and the game becoming a little too shoot and run in the very final stages.

I did like the boat section, took me by complete surprised.

@Relentless81 I would consider that game location a spoiler personally (took me by a much welcome surprise) so might want to add a spoiler tag :)

Caporegime
I'm playing through RE7 for the first time at the moment, just got to the ship. It really is a brilliant game, really well done. Only problem is now when I walk around my house at night and I hear a creak or something I think of the game :(

I wont buy Village on release, too many games to play, I'll wait for it to hit GamePass
Will it be on GP? None of the other RE games are on there.

Back
Top Bottom