Retro console and games thread

my final fantasy collect:
Photo%2024-05-2013%2011%2017%2004%20AM.jpg

A complete ps1 and ps2 collection went on feabay for £150 pounds the other day. When I mean complete; it never had ff3 as it never came out in english for the consoles, also ff xi was missing as that's online only. ff origins was factory sealed thou.

I think I stop there now as 7 is when it went all 3D, thou I do have XIII and XIII 2 for the ps3, never played thou.

I was the winning bidder of this, it's somewhat pricey for a game that isn't considered a classic but it holds a warm place in my heart and there aren't many on eBay that are boxed.

I am attempting to collect all of the games I had as a child and teenager growing up. I sold my collections as and when new games came out and wish I hadn't now. :o

Wow just found this thread...here's my retro collection

cam00081f.jpg

cam00076z.jpg

Got a boxed Amiga,Atari St,48k spectrum and Commodore 64 aswell in my parents loft. As well as a load of games which aren't in the pic. On the hunt for a good boxed Sega Mastersystem, Atari 7800 and original Gameboy.

Last edited:
Thanks!...I love the old games. You can't beat their charm...I want to collect as many boxed cartridge based consoles as possible (disc based systems just don't hold the same nostalgic value for me!). I'ts great to set them up and play the classics from time to time

Lovely collection indeed zoob! All looks immaculate

Ok peeps.....master system games.what should I be looking for? As I have never owned before now

Thoughts so far are outrun, batman returns, lucky dime caper (this worth 2.75 posted cart only?) Teddy boy and dynamite dux.....any more gooduns?

Ok peeps.....master system games.what should I be looking for? As I have never owned before now

Thoughts so far are outrun, batman returns, lucky dime caper (this worth 2.75 posted cart only?) Teddy boy and dynamite dux.....any more gooduns?

The asterix games are good little platformers and so are the mickey mouse games, also master of darkness is a good game its a sort of castlevania clone and bubble bobble is very good on the system aswell. Good think about the master system is the game are all fairly cheap even the more harder to get ones.

Outrun was one of my favourites along with Shinobi, Double Dragon and R-Type. Used to enjoy Space Harrier a lot also

Got rid of so many cosoles and Computers when i was growing up just to get money for the next big thing.Used to own Master system mk 1 ,Snes, Atari ST ,Amiga 600, CD32 ,Spectrum +2 various gameboys and a Commodore +4.

Recently got a Snes back with 10 games and a hard plastic carrying case to store it in when not in use.

I shouldn't be allowed to attend car boot sales :D

Walked away today with an Original XBOX all looking pretty neat & working well, Megadrive 1 with 2 controllers, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles, missing the RF lead but I'll have one laying around somewhere, oh, and Vice City for PS2 :D

master system games worth buying bubble bobble , double dragon , shinobi , rastan , power strike (such a awesome shooter ) wonderboy 1,2,3

phantasy star , alex kids ,

most are pretty easy to find and whoever told that guy that golden axe warrior is worth 50 quid lol. most carts are easy to pick up and never sell for that much unless mega rare or in absolute mint and rareish.

1-2 pounds is what you should pay for most games unless popular ones or rare.

also mk1 master system has a built in snail game phatboy :)

Sonic Choas, best 8 bit sonic game Sega made in my opinion and Wonderboy 3 if you like your RPG's.

I LOVE THAT FISHING ROD!!! So much better than real fishing and it works on normal DC games :)

Plus I have won Donkey Kong 1, 3, Pilot wings and ZELDA on the snes, all boxed, I need to stop as this boxed thing is getting addictive. Missed out on Fzero on principle and still waiting for mario kart to turn up but the snes is looking great fun!

Last edited:
Went to seaham car boot sale today thinking i might pick up some retro stuff for my collection it was unreal i paid a fiver to get in early but the competition was fierce even had a mam and her 8-9 year old soon asking people who were still setting up if the had any old video games, i asked a woman who must have been there for about 2 minutes and she said i was the 3rd person to ask her!

Think ill stick with charity and second hand shops if all carboot sales are like this, all i got was ms pac man plug and play and a turtles scaletrix :o

Back
Top Bottom