Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Don't see the point of repros. Normally so expensive you may as well just get a flashcart.

Also seems weird to me that people are ok with it, but if I use printable cdrs and start burning off rare ps1 games, printing a cover etc, it's just a "pirate" game.

Soldato
Don't see the point of repros. Normally so expensive you may as well just get a flashcart.

Also seems weird to me that people are ok with it, but if I use printable cdrs and start burning off rare ps1 games, printing a cover etc, it's just a "pirate" game.

Most would argue because the game wasn't released here I guess.

I really badly want a N64 flashcart. It is so hard to get hold of reasonably priced NTSC games over here. I've got the majority of decent titles but games like Duke Nukem 64 are so OP.

Soldato
I really badly want a N64 flashcart. It is so hard to get hold of reasonably priced NTSC games over here. I've got the majority of decent titles but games like Duke Nukem 64 are so OP.

I hear you there :(. I have a US 64 as well, got a lot of what I want for a reasonable price (carts only), even got bad fur day for cheap (think it was only £35ish). But now they are crazy prices from EU sellers.

Doesn't help that ebay introduced that stupid "international shipping" thing. Drives the prices of even games from the US up :(.

Soldato
Nah it's a PAL repro. Not cheap but £20 is only the price of a curry. I plan to get the Snes chipped sooner rather than later and then maybe get an ntsc version of CT. Maybe.

I've got mine chipped, certainly a lot better playing games at 60Hz.

I think £20 for Chrono Trigger is awesome, where did you buy that from?

I hear you there :(. I have a US 64 as well, got a lot of what I want for a reasonable price (carts only), even got bad fur day for cheap (think it was only £35ish). But now they are crazy prices from EU sellers.

Doesn't help that ebay introduced that stupid "international shipping" thing. Drives the prices of even games from the US up :(.

I have really begun to hate eBay over the past few years. I might sell up my N64 pal collection for a flash cart.

Man of Honour
The problem is, where else can you pick up retro stuff?

Charity shops have mostly very slim pickings.

I've been going to car boot sales every week and I haven't seen a single cartridge for any system. The oldest games are PS1 and they're either rubbish games or in such poor condition that they aren't worth buying.

CEX are over priced and PS2 is as far back as they stock anyway. Mostly the same for Cash Converters.

I do look on Gumtree now and there's never much on there either. I've just started looking on Shpock but not much there either.

Ebay is expensive to sell on now, it's basically 15% of your sale price in fees to them and PayPal. Then there's shipping and packing costs which is going to be £3 a cartridge, because you have to use a tracked and signed for service. Otherwise you just get scammed with buyers saying they didn't get their item. So you sell a cartridge on eBay for £10 delivered and you clear a fiver.

I suppose there's always asking on social media, but I'm not on any of them and don't intend to be.

So options are pretty sparse as far as I'm concerned.

Man of Honour
Facebook ( Retro for Sale, Commodore for Sale, Sinclair For Sale, Commodore Amiga, Amstrad CPC 464 )

I tend to hover in RFS, CA and CC464 for my retro needs, and that's where I get the best bargains!

Not on Facebook.

What is RFS, CA and CC464?

Oh and another place to try is the forum/website amibay as it has lots of different retro consoles and games :)

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Soldato
Does anyone own Corporation on the Mega Drive?

I need a scan of the boxart for my UGC.
If anyone can do a 400 DPI scan and upload it, you would really be helping me out.

Soldato
Looks like a hard core retro market/exhibition is coming in November:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/21/massive-retro-gaming-market-planned-in-london-5401476/

The London Gaming Market is setting up shop in Russell Square this November, ready to fulfil your retro Christmas gaming needs.

If you know someone that would rather receive a retro video game than a new pair of socks then The London Gaming Market may be worth checking out.

It’s due to take place on November 15, at the Royal National Hotel in Russell Square. And then again on March 6, July 3, and November 6 of 2016.

You do have to pay to get in though, either £5 between 11am and 12pm or £2 in the afternoon. Although under-14s accompanied by an adult get in for nothing.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/21/massive-retro-gaming-market-planned-in-london-5401476/#ixzz3nhPp1yVL

Back
Top Bottom