Rift S DisplayPort issue

Associate
Jesus is this still not working?
Ok hows about open up device manager and open the usb section and the video card section and take a screeny for on here.
I presume windows is back to the latest version and on all the latest drivers from the manufacturers at this point?

Soldato
It didn't work. But I'm not going to blame you melmac. ;)

Wahh, it's all my fault!!!

Had some spare time, so re-installed Windows this afternoon.

Still doesn't work. :(

I didn't think a windows reinstall would work. After you said that it worked until you upgraded the firmware, I wasn't convinced that your windows install was the problem.

Oh, forgot to write it here - works perfectly on my B-I-L's computer.

This just gets stranger and stranger!! How frustrated are you right now?? Damn!!

Are you connected to your monitor using display port or HDMI?

Just something I read recently, but, does your windows logon username contain any non alphanumeric characters?

Have you your CPU or memory overclocked?

Soldato
OP
Nothing overclocked.
Username is entirely alphanumeric.
Connected using DisplayPort.

It's fairly frustrating, just lucky that it only impacts the ability to play VR games, so there's plenty more I can do.

I guess there's the potential that I'll just have to wait for further firmware updates and hope one fixes it.

Soldato
Somethings to try, if you aren't too busy.

Can you connect the headset to the display port the Monitor is in? connect the monitor to a different port.

Try disabling XMP and setting the memory to 2400Mhz.

Associate
It will be something in windows, mine did similar until i wiped it. ALthough it could be a piece of software or something not connected with windows that getting in the way.

Now i dont know what the reinstall has done but a full and complete wipe did fix mine but it needs to go back on properly.

Soldato
It will be something in windows, mine did similar until i wiped it. ALthough it could be a piece of software or something not connected with windows that getting in the way.

Now i dont know what the reinstall has done but a full and complete wipe did fix mine but it needs to go back on properly.

He did a complete reinstall, it didn't work. Your reinstall worked because you were using an N version of windows and a dev version at that.

Soldato
Is it possible to install an older version of the runtime using something like wayback machine or from some other file repository, just to confirm that it's still the latest update that's the cause of the issue.

Obviously as soon as you go online it will want to update to the latest version but you could try some VR game/experience that works without being online. Again, just to confirm the duff update.

Associate
He did a complete reinstall, it didn't work. Your reinstall worked because you were using an N version of windows and a dev version at that.

My version was also faulty, i am still running N but with the required assets running now - which i could not before as it was a broken dev version.

Without seeing the install thats been done its hard to gauge if its running properly though.

Soldato
OP
Somethings to try, if you aren't too busy.

Can you connect the headset to the display port the Monitor is in? connect the monitor to a different port.

Try disabling XMP and setting the memory to 2400Mhz.

Already tried both those. :)

I do very much appreciate both the suggestions and the emotional support on this thread though. :)

Soldato
Already tried both those. :)

I do very much appreciate both the suggestions and the emotional support on this thread though. :)

Long shot, do a complete removal of the Oculus software again, Including deleting the folders etc. There should be a guide online. Then create a local account with admin rights and try install the software on that account.

I am presuming that your windows account is a Microsoft one.

Soldato
OP
To be honest, I'm going to leave it alone for at least a few days, to let the frustration levels subside. But once I return to it, I may give that one a try. I already have the full instructions for a full Oculus wipe, since support had me perform one.

Soldato
OP
Support sent a suggestioin which seemed very sensible - a clean boot.

So booted the system with only Microsoft and Oculus services running... still didn't work!

How is this possible!?

Incompatible with my GFX card somehow?

Soldato
Support sent a suggestioin which seemed very sensible - a clean boot.

So booted the system with only Microsoft and Oculus services running... still didn't work!

How is this possible!?

Incompatible with my GFX card somehow?

Sounds unlikely, what card's in your B-I-L's machine? You mentioned that it all works on his rig.
Would your card work on his machine or his card on yours?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom