Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
dolan frameset would be good too

yeah but its a 100 quid extra, and tbh i already went over my planed 80quid budget for this "little" project.. which went over the top and sinked like titanic and now im stuffed and i can forget my new phone for another month AWWEESOME.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/showPart.asp?part=RIBBFRAW220&bike=

any idea what BB this uses? if it turns out that i need a new frame(Which i hope i dont) ill need a new BB and chainset.

what bb would lot recommend WITH METAL CUPS PLEASE! :(:D:(:(:(

youd need new forks too grudas? unless u plan on keeping the decathlon ones

very frankenbike

no reason not to keep them :) they are carbon and light and i like them tbh, so why waste extra money on it :)

does the "hidden" headset just pop out of the frame and then needs hammering back in ?

it will be a frankenstein of a bike tbh.. but once i sort the colours out it'll look alright! :)

the only thing that will be left from triban 3 IF i need to replace the frame is

groupset, bars and fork.. the rest will be bought from bits!

wheels replaced already, brown charge spoon is on its way, brown bar tape is here, paint is here and just this huge mess that i got my self into needs sorting out..

so new chainset and bb and frame(i hope not)

Saw this and thought of grudas :)

394473_587848824572859_587180631_n.jpg

Just bought a Fizik Arione CX w/ Kium rails test saddle from the bay for a tenner. Sure it's orange but that’s a £125 saddle :p Might see if I can reupholster it depending how bright it is.

Image%202013.04.28%2016%3A39%3A35.png

It might be worth looking at dying? I'm certainly not an expert but it could be a cheap/easy option

Does anyone use cycling specific footbeds in their shoes? I tried my moulded Conformable ones from my ski boots last week but got hot spots. Did my first 100km today and didn't have any pain but the balls of my feet tender by the end.

[Damien];24191969 said:
I picked up a set of two of those last time they did an offer. They're not bad but then again I've never used any other bibs so I've nothing to compare them to. I've done a century in them though without drama so I can't complain.

are they foam or gel inside

Just bought a Specialized Romin saddle, hoping this will be the solution to my (ah-hem) numbness issues and general saddle discomfort. My Scott is almost roadworthy - just need boring stuff like a chain, cables and bottle cages!

its the kind of plastic which seems to get harder when you heat it up.. :-\and it would leave a mess on the thread + i dont have a blow torch to hand.. hole saw looks like the best option

Just use a hacksaw blade and your hand. That way you won't push too hard and damage the threads.

I did it once with 4 grooves and then the pressure released a little and I could just lever it out by hand.

Not that big, I'm just out of shape. :(

and I had a roast lunch an hour or so before heading out!

I've got a Garmin link

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/304642200

We all start somewhere, its still tiring, you just get faster! OK maybe the lactic drops off quicker but that only means you have to push the pedals harder and sooner! :D

Good ride that though for just starting out! :cool: I'm still a relative newbie at this game.

Just use a hacksaw blade and your hand. That way you won't push too hard and damage the threads.

I did it once with 4 grooves and then the pressure released a little and I could just lever it out by hand.

hacksaw will be my next step, but currently i need to get the steel bit out of the center then i can cut the plastic bits to peaces and remove them..

i've been killing bikes since 10 and i haven't had a problem this annoying :o

stupid stupid thing..

i can't seem to find any BB with metal cups, what about the external ones? will they fit?

all my experience is sadly with bmx'es and they are like SS bikes in a way just BB's different tbh

Just bought a Specialized Romin saddle, hoping this will be the solution to my (ah-hem) numbness issues and general saddle discomfort. My Scott is almost roadworthy - just need boring stuff like a chain, cables and bottle cages!

If it in any way reassures you, I tried out my romin (evo pro) on Friday before having to bail at 50km with issues with my left knee and it was vv good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom