Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
hope pro IIIs on archtypes will be a little more but they look beautiful

8682632729_b508cd6fb7_c.jpg

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
i can't seem to find any BB with metal cups, what about the external ones? will they fit?
Plenty of metal-cup bb's out there. Try here if you get stuck, but there are plenty on eBay.

http://www.cyclebasket.com/products.php?plid=m9b0s0p0

One thought - I know you probably were, but you were definitely undoing it the right way weren't you? It's a left-handed thread on the non-drive side. Other than that, I'm 100% with you; I hate plastic cups on bottom brackets.

Soldato
You might not need a cutout, just a wider saddle. Have you thought about a brooks?

I haven't but only because I fear a Brooks would look a bit curious atop a modern carbon bike. I suppose it doesn't matter when you're sat on it though.

I'll crack out the measuring tape tonight and see how wide my sitbones are. I think my biggest issue though is that my flexibility is relatively poor so I don't pivot from my pelvis properly and keep my sitbones fully engaged on the saddle which puts pressure where there should be no pressure.

Off to Preston to pick up new wheels for my bike tonight, woo! Got a pair of American Classic Victory 30s for a good price, they will be a very decent upgrade on what I have and also make a good training wheel when I buy a nicer wheelset in the future.

Will have the new steed up and running just in time for the May Massive on Strava, perfect. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
And boom :)

classics-challenge-v3-100.png

That'll be my last ride until the Grand Fondo on Sunday now which is going to be a beast @ 120 miles and a silly amount of hills so a good week off to recover (work).

Soldato
You do realise only mamil's & clydes quote the rules to people ;)

Touche :D

I am actually considering a saddle bag myself. I currently use a tool box that fits into my bottle cage but when I do longer rides in warmer weather I may need 2 water bottles. I'm not a huge fan of having everything in my jersey pockets.

The Fizik bags that use the clip system look like they might be good for Fizik saddle users.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;24198869 said:
Brooks have a new saddle called the Cabium C17 coming out in June. Its fabric rather than leather so should suit modern bikes more.

Now that I like. I'll add that to the list of saddles to test in pursuit of perfection. :p

[Damien];24198899 said:
Just got out of my fitting at pedal precision. I'll do a bit of a write up when I get home. Bike feels comfier though definitely.

Looking forward to hearing about this.

Soldato
Touche :D

I am actually considering a saddle bag myself. I currently use a tool box that fits into my bottle cage but when I do longer rides in warmer weather I may need 2 water bottles. I'm not a huge fan of having everything in my jersey pockets.

The Fizik bags that use the clip system look like they might be good for Fizik saddle users.

I have a tool bottle too, but yeah on longer rides and especially as its getting warmer now two bottles are going to be a must, and I was getting annoyed having loads of stuff in my jersey. Also considered the Fizik's but even the small is still bulkier than I would like.

Soldato
I have a tool bottle too, but yeah on longer rides and especially as its getting warmer now two bottles are going to be a must, and I was getting annoyed having loads of stuff in my jersey. Also considered the Fizik's but even the small is still bulkier than I would like.

The Fizik clip on ones hang a mile off the back of the saddle. I'm considering changing mine to that Arundle.

Soldato
Yeah two people had them on the group yday one had the small and one the large wasn't very impressed tbh.

From the rear you can barely notice the Arundel at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom