Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
jesus h christ.. im SO SAD right now ffs.. my wallet will hate me for ever.. i mean literally im like -250..

ill need a new frame or a magic way to remove the flippin bottom bracket or im stuffed.. and it looks like im stuffed!

i got the crankset off with a rubber mullet all cool and stuff.. but the other plastic cup broke of too! :o the spindle did come out but now i have the whole plastic bit + center metal shell stuck inside my frame..

AWESOME :(

Soldato
jesus h christ.. im SO SAD right now ffs.. my wallet will hate me for ever.. i mean literally im like -250..

ill need a new frame or a magic way to remove the flippin bottom bracket or im stuffed.. and it looks like im stuffed!

i got the crankset off with a rubber mullet all cool and stuff.. but the other plastic cup broke of too! :o the spindle did come out but now i have the whole plastic bit + center metal shell stuck inside my frame..

AWESOME :(

All I can think of is to make notches in the remaining plastic bits and use them to unscrew what remains. Don't know how that's happened.

Soldato
Just bought a Fizik Arione CX w/ Kium rails test saddle from the bay for a tenner. Sure it's orange but that’s a £125 saddle :p Might see if I can reupholster it depending how bright it is.

Image%202013.04.28%2016%3A39%3A35.png

Soldato
It's not like people will be starring at your butt (that long anyway) to notice the bright raging orange thing you're sitting on :p

My second ride out, another short distance (5 miles) after adjusting my seat and angle, trying out my fit and stretching my legs - not cycled in over a year. Still recovering from saddle sore. Will slowly make my way up to endurance length... Why did I choose to live in Pontefract?! Bloody hills, great going down, PITA going up, especially with head wind!

Soldato
It's not like people will be starring at your butt (that long anyway) to notice the bright raging orange thing you're sitting on :p

Can't be brighter than the yellow test saddle I have on right now :p

Hills are awesome, you'll be grateful for them once you get your fitness up!

Soldato
I'm sure a small engineering firm would get that out for £50 or so, worth a call tomorrow.

Try carefully drilling lots of holes all the way around and then break it up into bits until its all out.

Maybe get a hacksaw blade and try to cut it in half (without cutting into the threads)?

3 things i need to try before i give up..

drilling be me worth a go but i need to be CRAZY careful with it, hacksaw is the same and sending it to a workshop is my last hope tbh..

50quid looks reasonable compared to a new frame

Soldato
Hills are awesome, you'll be grateful for them once you get your fitness up!

I'm not grateful yet. Maybe another the next 4 weeks of up and down commuting will start making a difference.

Here's my new ride!
nTpdubb.jpg
Fuji Sportif 1.1

Miles lighter than my previous bike (a mountain bike that got knicked last summer) but nowhere close to what some of you guys have. Still need to train my legs to power it - I seem to feel the effect of side wind more than when I was on a heavier bike.

Soldato
grudas, get it down to LMNH on old street, they'll sort you out

sent them an email with some pics before i get it over to their workshop :) hopefully ill get some good news! as its been going to turd non stop the past two days! :)

if its gone then i guess the best idea is to get a ribble frame for ~110 + new bb + chainset and the rest of my old parts should fit no problems, even the headset etc will be alright :)

next week commuting on my bmx will be FUN for sure.. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom