Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Anyone else spotted the Strava Premium 'free month' option? I had a popup on my Strava app this morning and can see it mentioned on the website... I'll probably do it later providing I can do the free month (that came with my Trainer) afterwards! 2 free months of premium! ;)

I'll probably leave my free month of TR (that came with my HRM) still until December (as planned) when hopefully I'll have more time on my Trainer. By all accounts I'll be subscribing to TR rather than SF (and continue purchasing SF DVD's rather than subscribing) that's the plan anyways - as I hate subscription services and want to keep them to a minimum :)

NEEDS MOAR FREEBEEZ! ;)

I ain't getting it on mine?

I was rather hoping to have a go on a free trial recently because I wanted to set a segment somewhere.

Soldato
I ain't getting it on mine?

I was rather hoping to have a go on a free trial recently because I wanted to set a segment somewhere.

I've created segments before being non-premium mate so you should be able to?

Top of my Strava screen looks like this:
strava-premium.jpg

Underboss
amazon is £2 less but +£5 delivery?
unless I've missed one?

My apologies, thought it was free delivery
also I was told "£12" from the guy I spoke to, I guess he may not have included the delivery cost on top?

Talking of lights, last few day I've been really thinking of buy a spare front light, nothing expensive, but there if I get caught short if my main light fails for what ever reason, I was thinking of perhaps getting a torch type of light, so that for example I get a flat at night, with my thick gloves on I can pull it up of the bike and hold it in my mouth whilst I work on the bike ?

any ideas on what to get? or is it a bad idea all together?

Soldato
Strava free month of premium pops up every now and then. I had one that ran up until a few days ago. Usually get a free month if you do any activity on Christmas day.

Soldato
Had some utter **** pass me through this particularly narrow choke point this morning, a huge Mitsibushi 4x4 pulling a food/catering van, I normally take primary as I approach and go through but didn't this time!

Probably less than a 8-9" between my elbows and the vehicle/trailer.

road.PNG

Furious just thinking about it! Incredibly close. It's passed me a few times, albeit safely, in the mornings if I leave a little later than usual...

Last edited:
Underboss
also I was told "£12" from the guy I spoke to, I guess he may not have included the delivery cost on top?

Talking of lights, last few day I've been really thinking of buy a spare front light, nothing expensive, but there if I get caught short if my main light fails for what ever reason, I was thinking of perhaps getting a torch type of light, so that for example I get a flat at night, with my thick gloves on I can pull it up of the bike and hold it in my mouth whilst I work on the bike ?

I can get a Lezyne Macro Drive (approx. £50 light) on ebay from a seller that has a few, for £30 delivered (he says its new) seems like a good deal, worth it as a secondary? options please

thanks

Soldato

There are Cree options on ebay for a pittance for two which will work.
Guy I work with ordered that one off amazon, took two weeks to arrive even with the shipping!
turns out it was coming from holland!
mines due in the morning after ordering last night late!

Man of Honour
Can't really work it out myself :p

Assuming it was clamped up properly it wouldn't have failed in two places on the same test. I think they must have carried out separate tests on the fork crown and on the steerer.

Unless of course they loaded it up in situ in the frame and the bottom headset bearing turned out of its seat which allowed the steerer to kink. Perhaps then it sat against the inside of the head tube and they continued to load it up until the fork crown broke?

I forgot to mention this at the time but thanks for your comments on this - they have been very enlightening :)

Soldato
Legs getting better today, easier bunch ride but bit of power coming back.

Had a certain OPQS rider turn up too, didn't stop one of our group from piping up when he was chatting on the front to the guy next to him to start rolling turns and stop gassing! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom