Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
image.jpg

I screwed a few more things to the TT bike. It's starting to take shape now. Cranks and dérailleurs on and new Tufo tubs instead of those crappy Vittoria Rallys. Need to get some cables and a 6-speed block for the back, set of shifters and some bar tape and it ought to be good to go.

Soldato
I'm trying to avoid my jacket as it has been too warm lately (and it's horrifically non-aero). With the colder weather I may have to try base layer + long sleeve top.

I've managed with t shirts + long sleeve base layers till now.. tomorrow I'll drop my waterproof jacket in the backpack just in case it gets too much but I think I'll be fine once I warm up after 2-4 miles, more worried about the gloves/fingers tbh as I only have thin full finger gloves right now

Man of Honour
I've managed with t shirts + long sleeve base layers till now.. tomorrow I'll drop my waterproof jacket in the backpack just in case it gets too much but I think I'll be fine once I warm up after 2-4 miles, more worried about the gloves/fingers tbh as I only have thin full finger gloves right now

I keep on taking my jacket as it's the only waterproof/resistant thing I have at the moment but then I end up either overheating or sticking it in my bag. I'm always cold for the first mile or so but then I'm absolutely boiling. I'm hoping the change in weather will be enough to make me stick to one thing or another :)

edit: I also keep getting comments about wearing a base layer on the outside :p People are so judgemental...

Soldato
I keep on taking my jacket as it's the only waterproof/resistant thing I have at the moment but then I end up either overheating or sticking it in my bag. I'm always cold for the first mile or so but then I'm absolutely boiling. I'm hoping the change in weather will be enough to make me stick to one thing or another :)

edit: I also keep getting comments about wearing a base layer on the outside :p People are so judgemental...

tell me about it ;) do I care though? nah.. don't be jell of my big arms and nice chest.. fatties :o:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom