Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you can go straight on at the end of Station Road yeah? That is definitely not the best route for that commute.

Hi Daveski, few navigation errors, station Road one annoyed me, turned left and was thinking I'm sure this is the wrong way and ended up going back around the round about and picking up the right route. Blame this on the railway crossing, it's an area I don't know very well.

Other navigation mistake was queens bower road, why does route 6 not go down the dual carriageway passed the Chilwell olympia? It instead goes a detour around Attenborough.

just can't get it right atm, long sleeve and waterproof and I'm too hot, shortsleeve and I'm cold,
shortsleeve and warm jacket and it rains. biblically.

Try long sleeve only! You'll warm up after 2-3 miles and it'll be fine! I normally push harder for the first two miles to get the blood pumping and sweat going and then I'm good! Only difficult part is keeping fingers warm!

Hi Daveski, few navigation errors, station Road one annoyed me, turned left and was thinking I'm sure this is the wrong way and ended up going back around the round about and picking up the right route. Blame this on the railway crossing, it's an area I don't know very well.

Other navigation mistake was queens bower road, why does route 6 not go down the dual carriageway passed the Chilwell olympia? It instead goes a detour around Attenborough.

I thought the detour around Attenborough was a bit weird but I do know someone who does that to avoid the traffic and terrible road surface past the Olympia.

I should be able to sort another route out for you if you want? Maybe me or Dunks could ride it with you so you know where you're going? I know the area pretty well.

Wore my jacket this morning. Managed about three miles before I started to boil alive...so it's definitely getting colder. Think I'll go back to just my baselayer tomorrow.

Try long sleeve only! You'll warm up after 2-3 miles and it'll be fine! I normally push harder for the first two miles to get the blood pumping and sweat going and then I'm good! Only difficult part is keeping fingers warm!

We've been through this. It's not good enough to just do the first few miles - you need to keep pushing.

Bloody hell cold this morning!

1c, had merino baselayer and softshell on, body absolutely fine, also had my new sealskin gloves, which I wore on Saturday and had my hands sweating, but due to the fantastic condition known as Reynards my hands were in agony, and I actually felt physically sick when I got to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom