Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
67 miles this morning and I can't believe I nearly talked myself out of not going, was a great ride and took in a new climb I haven't done before. Felt fairly strong but held back a bit on the climbs. Gotta keep this momentum going.

Which climb was that? Stoney Lane? Tough climb, that. Not as hard as Parbold Hill, parallel to it, but still hard work. I need to do it again sometime.

I'm on the train again today. Between the weather, illness, traffic, I just couldn't be arsed biking it. I also had a bit of a revelation when I realised I really don't like the bike I'm currently commuting on. It's my old tdf and it's just nasty to ride. Roll on my new job, for which I'll commute on my single speed, which I love riding. I think I'll sell the tdf next year and build up something with disc brakes and mudguards for winter use, probably a croix de fer.

Which climb was that? Stoney Lane? Tough climb, that. Not as hard as Parbold Hill, parallel to it, but still hard work. I need to do it again sometime.

I'm on the train again today. Between the weather, illness, traffic, I just couldn't be arsed biking it. I also had a bit of a revelation when I realised I really don't like the bike I'm currently commuting on. It's my old tdf and it's just nasty to ride. Roll on my new job, for which I'll commute on my single speed, which I love riding. I think I'll sell the tdf next year and build up something with disc brakes and mudguards for winter use, probably a croix de fer.

Build a bike like uv's monstrosity - Genesis steel frame with 60mm deep carbon rims and aero bars.

Is SRAM set to launch X01 Eagle 12-speed groupset for 2017

I can see the benefit to some extent, I've had a single ring up front (no shifter) on my mtb for about 2 years. There is very little that I can't climb with a 10-42 rear and 32T up front. It's simple, less hassle, less to go wrong/fix etc.

Still think a road bike requires more than 12 gears mind you, however this could be ideal for cyclocross bikes as less to get mud/dirt/stuck etc.

Is SRAM set to launch X01 Eagle 12-speed groupset for 2017

I can see the benefit to some extent, I've had a single ring up front (no shifter) on my mtb for about 2 years. There is very little that I can't climb with a 10-42 rear and 32T up front. It's simple, less hassle, less to go wrong/fix etc.

Still think a road bike requires more than 12 gears mind you, however this could be ideal for cyclocross bikes as less to get mud/dirt/stuck etc.

Blimey!

Still got a triple on my MTB bike :P But then it hasn't been ridden for donkeys!

12 speeds make sense for Road Bikes down my way (Brownlee brothers use 1x11 for Tris) where you've not got mega hard climbs or super steep descents.

Bibs!

Could do with a new pair for Majorca, but unsure what to get. I love my Rapha Pro Team ones, but finding it hard to justify spending £190 on shorts, contemplating some Assos S5s, I know its personal preference, but thinking about ordering a number of pairs and trying them all on for fit. Not really tried much beyond Rapha, Assos, Endura and DHB, but my Rapha and Assos are stand out for pad comfort. Assos being slightly comfier but legs too short.

Yup that's the one! I think I agree with you, Parbold is the harder hill but there's not much in it. I think I prefer Stoney Lane though as its off the main road. My first attempt at Stoney Lane wasn't bad, but I wasn't really sure what it was like so I took it fairly easy on parts that I could really have given more.

Yup that's the one! I think I agree with you, Parbold is the harder hill but there's not much in it. I think I prefer Stoney Lane though as its off the main road. My first attempt at Stoney Lane wasn't bad, but I wasn't really sure what it was like so I took it fairly easy on parts that I could really have given more.

I need to go up Stoney Lane again as the last time I did it my Garmin went mental and I lost about 3 miles of ride including that climb. Gah! The descent down Bannister Lane on the other side is pretty steep as well. I've not climbed Bannister Lane, but I hear that's hard work.

Two gifts arrived for me this morning.

DSC_0865_zpsg40ohztk.jpg

and these, shame I won't get to use them before cycling home, 12mph average at 200w :P

DSC_0867_zpsiaze8edt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom