Road Cycling

Soldato
.... I suppose I'm glad you're alright @-westy-

My genuine fear now is when I do buy it, it'll be replaced the next week :cry: I keep asking how the house sale is going they must be on to me

Tubeless sealant: What's everyones go-to? I've been using Stans but wondering if there is something better/more cost effective.
Im on orange, but Silca one is really good.
MIght try next for myself

Soldato
Annoyingly there's definitely something wrong with my HR strap. Today i barely made it out of Zone 1 for power. Yet my HR barely dropped below 210bpm! After it was being weird on Wednesday too i'm not sure whether to just replace it or hope it sorts itself out.

S9PF1xH.png
Mine had a proper glitch, I moved it and it dropped back again. I've wash the strap and keeping fingers crossed :D

hybPzf4.png

Caporegime
Sooon in the market for a decent set of wheels, but been out of the buying market for a while. I’ve just been given an 11 speed ultegra frame set (with rim brakes) which is pretty decent so keen to match it with wheels.

Appreciate it’s a bit of “how longs a piece of string” question, and I’m after all round wheels leaning towards long distances but that won’t embarrass themselves in an Ironman (certainly not as much as I will!), with a budget of around £1000.

There’s a set of 303s on Sigma for 900£ which seems reasonable but they’re for discs.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sooon in the market for a decent set of wheels, but been out of the buying market for a while. I’ve just been given an 11 speed ultegra frame set (with rim brakes) which is pretty decent so keen to match it with wheels.

Appreciate it’s a bit of “how longs a piece of string” question, and I’m after all round wheels leaning towards long distances but that won’t embarrass themselves in an Ironman (certainly not as much as I will!), with a budget of around £1000.

There’s a set of 303s on Sigma for 900£ which seems reasonable but they’re for discs.

Can't offer much advice on nice wheels for rim bikes but I would steer clear of Zipp 303s. The hubs have serious issues that myself and plenty of others have had and the warranty is tied to the complete wheel.

Soldato
Yeah I saw from a quick google that Silca is supposed to be decent. It's the only reason I haven't installed my new GP5000 tyres yet, I need a bit more sealant as I probably only have enough for 60ml in each tyre
get silca if for new tyres.

i cant be asked to faff aroudn with taking tyres off and put new sealant in before the trip so sticking to orange until tyres are needed ;)

Soldato
First 100 miler for almost 3 years today! Roads are in a sorry state around here, so draggy and bumpy everywhere! Weather definitely wasn't as nice as expected with me keeping my arm warmers on until 2/3rd of the way through, think my mate regretted his decision to leave his at home!

fez

fez

Caporegime
First 100 miler for almost 3 years today! Roads are in a sorry state around here, so draggy and bumpy everywhere! Weather definitely wasn't as nice as expected with me keeping my arm warmers on until 2/3rd of the way through, think my mate regretted his decision to leave his at home!

Its alright, I think Spring might be on the way soon. Its barmy that we are into June and it doesn't even feel like Spring has hit yet.

Soldato
Its alright, I think Spring might be on the way soon. Its barmy that we are into June and it doesn't even feel like Spring has hit yet.

A lot more summer like today. I had a long sleeve base layer on yesterday but was overheating and getting a headache from it today.

fez

fez

Caporegime
A lot more summer like today. I had a long sleeve base layer on yesterday but was overheating and getting a headache from it today.

Weather has been pretty nice today to be fair. Forecast was cloudy all day but I left the house at 7:40 and had almost entirely sunshine for the 2.5 hours I was out.

First ride with a PM as well. Turns out I was indeed overcooking things too early on the hills around here. I hit hills within a few hundred metres whichever way I head out and I was pushing 280w+ at what I thought was an OK pace. Did I turn things down a notch as a result? No. But I might :p

Associate
Weather has been pretty nice today to be fair. Forecast was cloudy all day but I left the house at 7:40 and had almost entirely sunshine for the 2.5 hours I was out.

First ride with a PM as well. Turns out I was indeed overcooking things too early on the hills around here. I hit hills within a few hundred metres whichever way I head out and I was pushing 280w+ at what I thought was an OK pace. Did I turn things down a notch as a result? No. But I might :p
Does your PM correlate with indoor trainer/strava estimates?

I have only had one this year and it has correlated well with my indoor trainer and strava is surprisingly close for its estimates.

Soldato
was a lovely day out
last longer day before Girona trip.
guys drove down from Midlands and Essex.
Went Richmond, Giro and Box Hill
139km , PB'd Box and some others :)
next week just easy commute to keep legs spinning and pack the bike over weekend .
can't wait

fez

fez

Caporegime
Does your PM correlate with indoor trainer/strava estimates?

I have only had one this year and it has correlated well with my indoor trainer and strava is surprisingly close for its estimates.

Haven't checked it against the trainer but no, Strava was underestimating my power a fair bit vs the PM. Will check it against the trainer later tonight I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Junglist Looks great to be honest. In your shoes i definitely think i'd just stick with it and add DI2

Thanks man :)

I was cycling with my friend yesterday and we saw a few nice road bikes out and about and I was saying how jealous I was to not have them and he said some people probably look at my bike and think the same.

I do realise I have a nice bike and I'm probably acting a bit spoilt wanting something new/better but you know how it is when you get the idea into your head that you want something new! I'll almost certainly be keeping this bike as to be honest it's not holding me back, the person riding it is!

Back
Top Bottom