Road Cycling

Soldato
Who's moaning now?
No less than 33kmh average at all times (even z1 rides) and 9% bodyfat or less.
That is the simple entry criteria to this cult on the forums.
And if you drink "instant" coffee you can GTFO as well.

I'M SERIOUS.

I want a shot at this EK chaingang.

Last edited:
Soldato
It all felt very much like a sportive should feel compared to the UK "It's a race. MOVE!" mantra.
Sounds fantastic! But then again we all know how the British mindset works & how much better the European outlook on things is! Sweeping generalisations but the same could be said of cycling and driving!

I was withdrawn from tonight's race and given a refund.

I had entered this race before I got promoted but I'm no longer allowed to race since I'm 3rd Cat now!
Rubbish, but also good they fully refunded you. Still would've been nice to know more in advance! So what's next? :D

Ironman Copenhagen bike leg done last weekend.
Pretty uneventful route, some nice views of along the coastline and a decent tour through the north of the city. They saved the scenic stuff for the run though for sure.
They supply Enervit nutrition, it doesn't agree with me at all, spent the last 80 miles and the marathon on water alone with saltstick tabs and a couple of SIS gels I was carrying.
https://www.strava.com/activities/1784083871
Great stuff & ride, well done!

Is this acceptable enough to CG status @Roady ?

https://www.strava.com/activities/1790753010/overview

Even though we did it more like a TTT with do a spell then ease up and head to the back.

Six became five within half a mile then we kept it steady for the rest until one guy who seemed to be doing the slowest spells decided to split it on a drag but I made it with them as 3 vs 2 chasing. Cracked in the last mile quite spectacularly but **** it.
Haha yeah that's much more like it and much more like what I'd expect from you! You where allowed to push on the pedals that ride?! :D

Can’t see most of those Strava links as not following but is there a bit of Elitism going on here?
Is someone been ribbed because he isn’t as fast as some of you? Isn’t speed relative and it’s the effort involved?
Mostly just banter between the regulars on here, I was pulling his leg as that was a very easy ride for Jonny (looking at avg speed & power) as he's been putting the hammer down the rest of the time in some fantastic form! I'm just jealous! :)

No, its just messing about. Many of the people in this section of the forum are regulars that are quite seriously into their cycling so like to discuss performance, its all harmless. I dont post here that much and Im fat and slow but dont feel it is elitist here and cycling can be extremely elitist.
Cycling is extremely elitist, every club and group ride will have some elitism to some extent, depending on the amount and type can really determine the 'feel' within the group and your experience will depend on how succeptible to it you are and how it makes you feel. Keeping a good sense of humour, a thick skin and often getting involved in the banter is the best way! :D

The fact most of us are here (these particular forums) will determine that we're on the intelligent side of things with probable interest in the technical and data side of things. I am especially, but then I've always been drawn to that side of things. Yet most of the 'club' guys I ride with, although there's tons of banter and elitism when it comes to bikes, there's very little interest in the technical or data side of things and when it boils down to it they let their legs do the talking. The social group rides I generally prefer are much more laid back, zero elitism, far more light hearted banter only between the regular riders but far more humility - if someones having a bad day or a newbie rider is out with us the rides will be at their pace, not the groups.

At the end of the day, cycling is what you make of it, 'unfortunately' much of the recent interest from guys getting into the sport from other sports like golf, football and cricket has driven up the amount of elitism. The riders who've generally been cyclists far longer either completely ignore it, look down their noses at anyone on a bike less than 5 years old or are ignorant to it. I'd like to think mostly the former. :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Who's moaning now?

I'M SERIOUS.

Pffft! Like you can even maintain the 33kmph average now with all the non-cycling you've been doing.

Only partially agree about the coffee side of things though, without instant coffee at work I'd be dehydrated 5 days of the week and the 3-4 large cups I have, I'd be bouncing off the walls if it was all filtered... ;)

doesn't like coffee
Still not talking to you. :p

In other news, anyone else suffer from cold sores or getting a wind chapped nose? I got caught on saturday and now I'm resembling rudolph.

Soldato
Only partially agree about the coffee side of things though, without instant coffee at work I'd be dehydrated 5 days of the week and the 3-4 large cups I have, I'd be bouncing off the walls if it was all filtered... ;)

Bring your own in? I've got a french press at work and have been known to take an Aeropress in on occasion.

(surely there's a cafe stop in your saddle bag anyway?)

Soldato
cycling is the best eco-friendly way to travel from one place to another. On your bike is the best cycle shop in London who sell all types of bikes even they provide bike on rents since 1983. we are dealing in children bicycles, roads bikers, mountains bikers etc. We are offering quality bike brands such as Brompton, Trek, Whyte, Cannondale, Ridgeback, Frog etc

Must be struggling if you're resorting to spamming a computer forum for business.... I've visited actually when I first got into road cycling. I visited your London Bridge store and your employee stood me over a 56cm Trek Emonda and said "That looks like a perfect fit!"... There's no way it would have been but it was in stock!

(I now ride the equivalent of a 52cm Trek and I'm glad I didn't go further with your store...)

Soldato
cycling is the best eco-friendly way to travel from one place to another. On your bike is the best cycle shop in London who sell all types of bikes even they provide bike on rents since 1983. we are dealing in children bicycles, roads bikers, mountains bikers etc. We are offering quality bike brands such as Brompton, Trek, Whyte, Cannondale, Ridgeback, Frog etc

You deal in road bikers? Excellent - I don't suppose you sell climbing legs so I get some KOMs do you?

Soldato

Bahaha. Yes!

Thanks, it's not too bad really. Ironically cycling is a lot more comfortable than walking or lying down. Getting in and out of bed is a challenge to say the least. :o

Getting out of bed is always a major challenge but you know it is bad when it's a challenge to get in!
I was going to message you soon-ish regards 10's and 25's around Manc area for next season. I have no idea how early CTT 2019 events might show up but was hoping you could help me plan some faster courses for early season next year.... The Mrs is from some place called "Lancashire" so I can base myself there a few times and we can maybe come up with some training/racing plans? :)

@Onyourbikeuk - Listing Brompton first in your list of quality cycling brands says it all. The overnight coffee obsessed student hipsters with ***** beards and unworldy ideas to save the planet are over that way ---->

Soldato
Bring your own in? I've got a french press at work and have been known to take an Aeropress in on occasion.

Use Dulce Gusto pods at home and no machine here, have filter coffee I could make (cafetiere) but that's not the issue, my caffeine overload would be! ;)

Saddlebag jokes, so 2015 :p

Thanks, it's not too bad really. Ironically cycling is a lot more comfortable than walking or lying down. Getting in and out of bed is a challenge to say the least. :o
Shoe laces are meant to be one of the worst!

My dad still struggles but then again he did break 14 ribs falling through a 25 foot high roof not long ago... :o

Soldato
I'll let you off for drinking instant coffee at work - sometimes needs must. But that is inexcusable. Please leave the thread now.

I had to Google WTF a Dulce Gusto was..... I am glad we are typing to each other because I have no idea how to even say it either.

Associate
Who's moaning now?

I'M SERIOUS.

Wow. I’m out on every count!!!!

Soldato
Wow. I’m out on every count!!!!

:p
The biggest mistake you can make is to take things in this forum as serious. It is a good bunch on here and 9 times out of 10, if you see something that's elitist or sketchy, it will be in complete jest :)

That said, living in Lincoln, is that where Skegness is? Flattest place I have ever been in my life. So you cannot be super pro without mountains anyway sorry.

Don't mind @xdcx, he's lacking Vitamin D from living up in Scotland.

Winter is coming. I must supplement the D.

Back
Top Bottom