Road Cycling

Soldato
I'm sure there's a Jens quote something along the lines of:
"If your legs hurt, you're going uphill; if your legs don't hurt, you're going downhill"

yea something like that. My legs didn't hurt too much, the problem is my heart rate. If I go up to 175 (and above) I blow up. I had to stop a few times in the shade just to try to keep it below 175, which meant my pace was slow and just exacerbated the rather depressing feeling.

Soldato
Pinkbike partnering/bought out Cyclingtips - https://cyclingtips.com/2019/03/announcement-cyclingtips-and-pinkbike-join-forces/

inb4 pinktips :D :o

Cheers, I think I will go with the core and probably medium and hope for the best - looks like they are decent on returns!

Even better, they have been 100 quid the whole time I’ve been looking at them and now showing as 85 so ordered - gone medium!
You'll be fine. I'm quite a 'sprinter' type build - big thighs & shoulders, yet the medium is fine. The straps on the Core are a revelation, so so comfortable, as well as being very supportive.

You'll have no issue with Rapha returns either if you need to. They're a pleasure to deal with.

I'm sure there's a Jens quote something along the lines of:
"If your legs hurt, you're going uphill; if your legs don't hurt, you're going downhill"
https://www.azquotes.com/quote/762854 & https://www.azquotes.com/quote/871222 lol :D

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/924496

Tons of great cycling quotes on this site!

Associate
not a big fan of pinkbike acquiring CT. :(
i always found reading pinkbike articles like forcing feeding the latest and greatest tech to their readers... almost feel like they have taken it upon themselves to "shape" the industry...

Soldato
Still can't shake this illness, thankfully just a head cold and doesn't seem to be progressing lower. With the mixed bag of weather this week (got soaked this morning!) I really need to avoid riding until more recovered. Really don't think the 1.5 hours on Zwift sunday afternoon helped... Nor the 2 hours repairing storm damaged fence panels :rolleyes:

Anyone used 123bearing.co.uk ? Seem to be a good source for NSK.

Replaced my crank-side BB last night (Eirebearings 'stainless steel') and although the new bearing felt 'not-that-smooth' once pressed in, it rides fine. Was the roughest (and was seeing some play) of the 2. Will do the other side on the weekend when I have more time. In 40 minutes last night changed BB bearing, fitted new rear brake pads, cleaned & lubed chain, added pressure to 1 tyre & tweaked a mudguard fitting. Gotta be one of the quickest & most productive garage session for a while! Was in a rush before dinner got served, needless to say was slightly out of breath lol :D ;)

not a big fan of pinkbike acquiring CT. :(
i always found reading pinkbike articles like forcing feeding the latest and greatest tech to their readers... almost feel like they have taken it upon themselves to "shape" the industry...
To be fair CT was a place I'd visited far more than PB. Although not one of the primary places I've tended to use...

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my bits swapped back onto the Felt frame.

My saddle was quite low which is weird as it felt fine last year :o

I changed the bars partly for wanting a deeper drop and for safety as the bars are from the Cannondale which is now 6 years old. 44cm traditional round Pro PLT.

Nevermind the 3 meetings with cars and various crashes....

I've gained 15mm more reach to the hoods too :cool:

Soldato
What bars are they @Jonny ///M ? That drop looks nice! I am on the Fizik R1's which are a proper old school deep drop and swapping them out for Deda Superleggera's which is more like you have there. I'm 42's though and thinking I maybe should have went 40!

You need an out front for that Garmin ;) K-Edge one is the nicest and more aero gainz.

Soldato
They are Pro PLT Dean, they were reduced on Madison so they are older graphics, my PLT stem is the newer black on black theme.

I've went from 42cm to 44cm C-C. Double check sizes with Deda, I think they are C-C but cinelli is outside to outside(maybe) . Wide is the new trend, you heard it here first.

Boss has a set of round Pro vibe on his track bike, they have 31.8mm right across the top so are stiff as!

Irn bru was my pre workout drink :D radiator was off but I still end up boiling in there doing the turbo.

I'll try get a Mars bar supper, bottle of Buckie and a glass bottle of irn bru in the next photo for authentic Scottish scene.

Soldato
Think my PWM is dead. Boohoo! Powertap warranty is 2 years. I bought it Jan 31st 2017. Typical. :rolleyes:

Replaced battery a month ago (CR2032) and then it seemed to die again last week. No biggie, I thought some water ingres from a couple of wet rides and possibly a duff battery. Didn't get around to replacing it monday night as didn't think I had a battery but found one. No water found in unit. Still wasn't alive yesterday so assumed the battery I'd dug out of my saddlebag was duff, grabbed some new ones last night from the local shop (6 Kodak CR2032 for 50p! Bargain!) but still no life from it this morning.

Time to get an expensive quote from Powertap to service! Also means removing it and having to dig out some other chainrings before able to send it away, also if I'm sending it away seems silly not to get them to replace the worn rings on it. So looking at £200+ cost at least. Gah! Part of me hopes they offer me a discount on some pedals rather than a replacement.

If I get it fixed and replacement rings I'm in 2 minds what to do. It's not worth selling (cost me £650 originally and another £200 sunk on rings, when I'd barely get £300 back from selling it). Long term I see my Diverge being used for winter and commuting, so my future requirement is a PWM on a different (new) bike which will be my primary. My plan would be to go crank based to avoid this kinda ring issue, so a whole different PWM. So this C1 becomes 'spare', meaning it could go onto my turbo bike, giving more accurate measurements, or back onto the Diverge. Dilemma. If it goes on the Diverge, it's an approx £200 cost every 3+ years due to the rings wearing.

You need an out front for that Garmin ;) K-Edge one is the nicest and more aero gainz.
Replace that ghetto 1970's garmin with a Wahoo BOLT with it's integrated aero mount for even more gainz. ;)

I thought it was mounted neatly under his stem.
Haha, I did a double-take as thought that too!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered an out in front mount off ebay, **** paying k Edge prices I've got irn bru to buy.

I looked at deda bars but the 31.7mm measurement annoys me, if it's 31.75mm you should round up :confused:

Soldato
Deda are O to O.
My Superleggera's are super cool. They are not even out the box yet. Matching stem and seatpost. It's all too nice to go on a bicycle.

Soldato
Think my PWM is dead. Boohoo! Powertap warranty is 2 years. I bought it Jan 31st 2017. Typical. :rolleyes:

Replaced battery a month ago (CR2032) and then it seemed to die again last week. No biggie, I thought some water ingres from a couple of wet rides and possibly a duff battery. Didn't get around to replacing it monday night as didn't think I had a battery but found one. No water found in unit. Still wasn't alive yesterday so assumed the battery I'd dug out of my saddlebag was duff, grabbed some new ones last night from the local shop (6 Kodak CR2032 for 50p! Bargain!) but still no life from it this morning.

Time to get an expensive quote from Powertap to service! Also means removing it and having to dig out some other chainrings before able to send it away, also if I'm sending it away seems silly not to get them to replace the worn rings on it. So looking at £200+ cost at least. Gah! Part of me hopes they offer me a discount on some pedals rather than a replacement.

If I get it fixed and replacement rings I'm in 2 minds what to do. It's not worth selling (cost me £650 originally and another £200 sunk on rings, when I'd barely get £300 back from selling it). Long term I see my Diverge being used for winter and commuting, so my future requirement is a PWM on a different (new) bike which will be my primary. My plan would be to go crank based to avoid this kinda ring issue, so a whole different PWM. So this C1 becomes 'spare', meaning it could go onto my turbo bike, giving more accurate measurements, or back onto the Diverge. Dilemma. If it goes on the Diverge, it's an approx £200 cost every 3+ years due to the rings wearing.

Replace that ghetto 1970's garmin with a Wahoo BOLT with it's integrated aero mount for even more gainz. ;)

Haha, I did a double-take as thought that too!

£200 again if you can live with a silver one in 165/175mm https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cyclin...-3d-power-meter-105-5800-silver/11273311.html

Back
Top Bottom