Road Rage: How do you deal with it?

Associate
I didn't brake test him as such, just calmly slowed down to a halt and got out of the car and approached him. then he reversed and did a sharpish u - turn.

I gave him plenty of oppoertinities to pass, but enough was enough, and to be honest it had the desired affect

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by Im Back
I didn't brake test him as such, just calmly slowed down to a halt and got out of the car and approached him. then he reversed and did a sharpish u - turn.

I gave him plenty of oppoertinities to pass, but enough was enough, and to be honest it had the desired affect

Well, for your sake, I hope you dont end up in more trouble then you can handle...

As I said, I'm not having a go at you... but you have to understand that it's better to AVOID confrontation than PROVOKE it.

I've been studying kickboxing for 6/7 years now and given the oppertunity, no matter who it is I'll back down in a road rage incident / fight unless I REALLY need to...

You can do what you did to SOME people, but let me stress that there are others who would take a fight to you... Ending up in a ditch because you flipped the bird at someone behind you = sux0rs

Soldato
I've never been in anything more than a beeping / digit showing competition myself but my cousin said he was in a very scary situation once.

He was driving through London and pulled out infront of a car when changing lanes causing the other car to slow. Now a friendly hand in the air to say sorry would probably done the trick but my cousin thinks he's in the right 24/7 and just carried on his way.

He stopped at a junction and the guy gets out of his car and starts running towards his car, obviously he just floored it. He now knows that the guy wants more than just words with him so he pulls up sharpish around a corner and jumps out of the car. The guy following pulls up by which time my cousins already running at his car, the guy starts to get out but my cousin boots the door shut on his leg, then as it bounces back gives it another one for good measure and sprints back to his car and speeds off.

I was horiffied when he told me :(

Soldato
Probably bad of me but I like roadrage.

Many stories to tell, but one of the "better" was when i gave chase (about 20 miles) to a newish astra at night. I've forgot what he did now, but to put it bluntly he crapped himself to the extent of driving down unlit country roads with no lights on:D . Also we got to a red light, both stood there and I opened the door and he sh@t himself and drove through it lol.

Ohters include blocking the road so they cant get past then getting out of the car, scaring them to reverse up the road :D

bit of a stupid thing to do. you never know who you are dealing with.

i've had once incident, which incorporated some dangerous driving on my part because a guy in a toyota wouldn't let me go past him when he was going too slow. when i forced him to pull over (by stopping in front) and he got out i just drove off :D

i'm not stupid enough to enter into fisticuffs unless i absolutely have to.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The usual way I deal with road rage is get out of the car. That's all it takes, I'm 6ft tall, shaven headed and not exactly skinny, people usually shut up when I step out of the car.

I'm a big softie really ;)

'Im Back', you really are a retard :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
lol. the bandwagons rolling, and one of the regulars just jumped on:o

nice stickers :D

Nothing to do with any bandwagon, just common sense and decency. Making people feel threatened because they cut you up or whatever the event that was so insignificant that you can't even remember it. :rolleyes:

In your little story what if the car had gone through the red light then hit another car head on? Would you still be sitting there thinking to yourself "haa haaaa he was ****ing himself" and feeling big?

Grow up and for **** sake keep yourself off the public roads :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
Originally posted by lordrobs
Nothing to do with any bandwagon, just common sense and decency. Making people feel threatened because they cut you up or whatever the event that was so insignificant that you can't even remember it.

In your little story what if the car had gone through the red light then hit another car head on? Would you still be sitting there thinking to yourself "haa haaaa he was ****ing himself" and feeling big?

Grow up and for **** sake keep yourself off the public roads :rolleyes:

oh dear:o bandwagon ? I cant remember it clearly because it was a few years ago now when they just brought the new old shape astra out. Time passes....

If it hit another car, that aint my problem :) He decided to go through it!

I have never ever had a crash, never had a bump, I don't wind people up unless justified. I dont slow people down, I dont annoy people. I drive to the conditions, so you cannot say "keep yourself off the public roads". :)

Soldato
oh dear:o bandwagon ? I cant remember it clearly because it was a few years ago now when they just brought the new old shape astra out. Time passes....

If it hit another car, that aint my problem :) He decided to go through it!

I have never ever had a crash, never had a bump, I don't wind people up unless justified. I dont slow people down, I dont annoy people. I drive to the conditions, so you cannot say "keep yourself off the public roads". :)

No but you are making attempts to intimidate other drivers through your actions. If that driver had been female would you have done the same thing? Because chances are you would have scared the crap out of her more than you did that guy.

Associate
Originally posted by DirtyMinx
No but you are making attempts to intimidate other drivers through your actions. If that driver had been female would you have done the same thing? Because chances are you would have scared the crap out of her more than you did that guy.

i dunno, may do, it would depend. I vaguely remember he had a female passanger too, quite fit actually:), just a little lippy

Soldato
i dunno, may do, it would depend. I vaguely remember he had a female passanger too, quite fit actually:)

Funny how you remember stupid little details but not why you chased them for 20 miles :confused:

Sure your not just spouting BS?

Associate
Originally posted by lordrobs
Funny how you remember stupid little details but not why you chased them for 20 miles :confused:

Sure your not just spouting BS?

I honestly cant remember what he did wrong. I remember braking him down to about 20mph on a dual carrageway and he managed to get infront, then I chased. If I remember I would say :)

Soldato
Your attitude is worrying. Do you not find it slightly concerning that you felt it necessary to try to frighten another driver?

Some people are stupid on the road...unfortunately its a fact of life, by chasing someone you aren't helping the situation, if anything you are making it worse.

Associate
Originally posted by DirtyMinx
Your attitude is worrying. Do you not find it slightly concerning that you felt it necessary to try to frighten another driver?

Some people are stupid on the road...unfortunately its a fact of life, by chasing someone you aren't helping the situation, if anything you are making it worse.

not really.

The way I see it is that they wont do it again in a hurry.

Let me point out he was giving it the large too. brake testing, trying to lose me around housing estates, giving it the verbal. All I wanted to do was show him the rights of the road.

Soldato
not really.

The way I see it is that they wont do it again in a hurry.

Let me point out he was giving it the large too. brake testing, trying to lose me around housing estates, giving it the verbal. All I wanted to do was show him the rights of the road.

If it had been me I would have taken your plate and reported you.

Back
Top Bottom