Road to the BNBF Welsh Qualifiers 2011 - Progess Journal

Man of Honour
Just think of it afterwards... you'll be able to say you've done it. You showed more self control than 90% of the UK's population, probably even the world's population. You've dropped nearly 20% of your entire body weight, you've trained hard, you've developed a physique that will be with you for the entirety of your life, you've learned a lot about yourself, and about your life.

This has been a huge positive - grab onto all aspects, reflect, don't regret, and if you're doing it again, focus on the hunger of what you achieved. If not, then you know you've been able to do it.

I'm proud of you dude.

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers big man :) means a lot

The only annoyance is knowing it's going to be extremely hard to keep as lean as I'll be used to the last few weeks once I go back to a fairly normal diet

As gay as it sounds, I might pay for a proper photoshoot before or straight after the competition, just so I have some decent photos of what I achieved incase I never get there again :p

Soldato
It's an impressive change no doubt. To be honest though, if you're feeling rubbish, you're doing it wrong.

I remember listening to a clip of a woman who wanted to enter a fitness contest. She was told how to diet and how to build by a bodybuilder, but admitted it near on killed her, she was tired, full of carbs, and generally felt rubbish. She won the competition, but at significant loss to her overall health.

She then went with a proper dietician and kept her exercise moderate. She felt much better, not tired, looked healthier and kept winning competitions.

Man of Honour
Brilliant going mate, it's definitely something I'd love to have a go at one day but I don't think I'd get anywhere near as close as you've gotten before I caved in :D

Man of Honour
OP
Man I'm so frickin' hungry! :(

My rice portions have been cut by 10g each, and while that's not massive, that's 30g over all, and by the end of the day my stomach is in serious "FUUUUUUU" mode. Last night I actually had to leave my living room as my stomach was making so many noises, I think I was starting to annoy my house mate

End of this week, I have to take another 10g each off :(:(:(

Soldato
Man I'm so frickin' hungry! :(

My rice portions have been cut by 10g each, and while that's not massive, that's 30g over all, and by the end of the day my stomach is in serious "FUUUUUUU" mode. Last night I actually had to leave my living room as my stomach was making so many noises, I think I was starting to annoy my house mate

End of this week, I have to take another 10g each off :(:(:(

It will be worth it.

Big bonus is, now you are in such good shape, you will only need to put a few kgs back on to feel 110% again but you wont be lardy like in your original photos when you started all of this. .

Soldato
Haha, as brutal as mrk101's point was, he's very correct! You're going to be in such a good position to continue to grow without all the unnecessary fat this time :)

Man of Honour
OP
Haha yeah I know, like I said before, it's only once you see yourself that I realise how much fat I put on on my off season :eek:

I just can't wait to have some carbs back in me and fill out again :cool:

Soldato
Your determination and effort is motivating me to a point where I'm thinking about doing the same. Got the mass, just lacking the willpower to drop at least 15kg in excess weight to lean down. Looking forward to the contest pics.

Man of Honour
OP
Do it mate

As much as I whine about it on here at the moment, it's worth it. Like today, I went to the sunbeds (no homo) and while I was in the changing room, I went through some poses (lols I know, but I do it whenever I can at the moment), and at that moment I thought "I can't wait for the show"

The diet is a pain, but it's amazing how quickly it becomes habit and you don't even think about it anymore. You do feel rubbish sometimes, and it does get you down, but the moments where I feel like that are outweighed by the times I feel really good about it, like when I get compliments, or when I see the results and see changes

I encourage anyone to do it, and I'd give anyone all the time in the world to give them any advice I can to help them because even though I'm not at the show yet, I think it's a brilliant thing to do and worth every bit of effort and dedication, just to say you've done it

Back
Top Bottom